Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 50]

961Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 17:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
And don't get me going on them. :shootinggun:

I wish I could.

962Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 18:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking of bad TV, I came across an episode of 'Don't Drink The Water' on youtube, and I have to say, it makes Mrs Brown look like quality.

963Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 18:52

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Personally I find the vast majority of modern comedy to be utter shite. They will never top the likes of Only fools and horses, some mothers do Ave em, monty python, two Ronnie's etc etc.

964Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 19:04

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cajunboy wrote:If you want a good laugh then watch STAGED with Tennant and Sheen, it's brilliant.

Catch it on BBC player.

Yes, two of our very best actors on top form. Very clever and as you say, brilliant!

965Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 19:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bwfc1958 wrote:Personally I find the vast majority of modern comedy to be utter shite. They will never top the likes of Only fools and horses, some mothers do Ave em, monty python, two Ronnie's etc etc.

Are you really only 36 years old?

966Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Personally I find the vast majority of modern comedy to be utter shite. They will never top the likes of Only fools and horses, some mothers do Ave em, monty python, two Ronnie's etc etc.

I agree the last few years have been poor for British comedy. The Inbetweeners and Peep Show seem a long time ago, two shows I would put up there with the best.

967Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 21:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anybody seen ‘still game’ ? It’s very funny and I recommend it

968Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 21:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Never found Peep Show funny myself?

Father Ted was a classic and also by one of the writers behind Father Ted (Graham Lineham), I also found The IT Crowd very funny.

Lineham did a previous cult series I enjoyed called Black Books.

He's done other stuff too such as Count Arthur Strong that I just can't stand!

Funny how he writes stuff that either makes me laugh or switch off!

Probably says more about me though!

Very Happy

969Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 21:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Never found Peep Show funny myself?

Father Ted was a classic and also by one of the writers behind Father Ted (Graham Lineham), I also found The IT Crowd very funny.

I agree the IT Crowd & Father Ted were brilliant. I was watching the football one the other night where Dougal watches the corner flag. Fantastic.

Peep Show not funny? A new low for Nuts.

970Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 22:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Father Ted is a classic and bears repeated viewings.

Bilko is another classic.

I don't know if I would call Frasier a classic but I have always enjoyed it and it stands the test of time pretty well.

971Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 22:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I don't know if I would call Frasier a classic but I have always enjoyed it and it stands the test of time pretty well.

Totally agree, Frasier never fails to cheer me up....some of the best comedy acting ever.

972Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 17 2020, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Frasier is exceptionally good and I loved it but for some reason it doesn't stand repeated viewings so well - as you know what happens.

That said watching Father Ted, IT, etc you also know what will happen but you still laugh (least I do) because of the zaniest of the situations they get into.

Bilko is indeed another classic, probably the first non children comedy programme I used to laugh at (I used to like Top Cat but class that as a kids programme).

I tend to like 'clever' comedy rather than the 'slap stick' stuff, so used to love shows like Porridge and the Two Ronnie's and not the Young Ones or the other new wave comedy of its time.

Peep Show tends to annoy me as no one would put up with the shit that the lead character puts up with from his so called mate who he shares with. (I know its nor real but it just undermines the whole thing to me).

A shout out to Steve Coogan's - Alan Partridge!

Very Happy

973Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 18 2020, 07:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Anybody seen ‘still game’ ? It’s very funny and I recommend it
It's a classic. Not as good after it came back after a long gap, but still top drawer. Jack and Victor first appeared in Chewin The Fat

974Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 18 2020, 11:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Toast of London from a couple of years ago was fantastic and what we do in the shadows is great too.

2 of my favourites from recent years were on E4 - Phone Shop and Drifters.

975Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 18 2020, 11:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I like What We Do In The Shadows.

There are some great animated comedies as well. Rick and Morty and Big Mouth are particular favourites of mine and I still enjoy Family Guy and South Park.

976Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 18 2020, 11:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Frasier was a consistently funny masterpiece (so many awards!) with wonderful scripts and superb acting,  even from the minor characters and the dog!.....until Niles married Daphne and her English family were introduced into the programme. Daphne's brothers and mother were particularly annoying and spoiled the comedy elements imo. Laugh-out-loud stuff....to start with....

977Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 18 2020, 12:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everybody Loves Raymond.

978Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 18 2020, 12:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Everybody Loves Raymond.

Not me.

979Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 25 2020, 21:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I highly recommend this 5 hour documentary on Iraq.

Yes I know it sounds somewhat left field and boring but it tells the story from first hand perspective of the invasion of Iraq (the weapons of mass destruction one) and the devastating chain of events that followed.

Some amazing real life accounts and quite frankly some clearly damaged people telling their stories - or try to as some are truly horrific.

Not easy viewing at times.

BBC iplayer -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kxwq/once-upon-a-time-in-iraq-series-1-1-war

980Film and TV review. - Page 49 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 27 2020, 16:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I highly recommend this 5 hour documentary on Iraq.

Yes I know it sounds somewhat left field and boring but it tells the story from first hand perspective of the invasion of Iraq (the weapons of mass destruction one) and the devastating chain of events that followed.

Some amazing real life accounts and quite frankly some clearly damaged people telling their stories - or try to as some are truly horrific.

Not easy viewing at times.

BBC iplayer -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kxwq/once-upon-a-time-in-iraq-series-1-1-war

Yes I must watch this and not let it just slide away.

The two recent Murdoch Family programmes were interesting , but we didn't really learn much new from them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum