Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover

+29
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
Diadora
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Mr Magoo
FullofSprite
doffcocker
gloswhite
Moses Gate
Leeds_Trotter
Candle Coal
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 21]

1Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Empty Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover Thu Feb 18 2016, 17:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Wanderers striker Dean Holdsworth and his Sports Shield group are on the verge of completing a takeover at Bolton.

The Bolton News has learned that a short-term exclusivity has been granted and that a deal will be completed in the next few days to buy the club from majority stakeholder Eddie Davies.

It means that Wanderers have given Sports Shield sole rights to examine financial data and complete contractual formalities within a given period of time.

Wanderers face a High Court hearing on Monday, with HMRC petitioning to have the club liquidated in order to repay a tax and VAT bill totalling nearly £3million.

After months of discussion, the club knew they must find a new owner by the end of this week or go into voluntary administration, which would carry with it an instant 12-point deduction from the Football League.

Holdsworth’s group has been close to completing a takeover on a few occasions only for the deal to break down at the last minute. But after restructuring their bid last week they are now on the verge of being named as new owners.

Last week, Davies entered into direct discussions with oil and property magnate Roger Tamraz but was not able to complete the deal.

The newly-formed Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust has also tried to gain preferred bidder status but fallen short. They intend to continue working towards gaining a place on the club’s board and have announced their intention to work with new owners.

Isle of Man-based businessman Dennis Rodgers has also been in advanced talks to buy the club but with Sports Shield now given exclusivity by the club, they are in the driving seat to complete the takeover.

Davies has stated his intention to wipe out around £185million of debts to pave the way for new ownership.

The Farnworth-born, Isle of Man-based businessman has been at the helm for 13 years, having secured his majority shareholding in 2003.

It is believed that Holdsworth will assume a chairman’s role but has not yet confirmed what changes will be made to the existing board.

The 47-year-old former striker became Wanderers’ club record signing in 1997 when Colin Todd paid £3.5million to bring him to Bolton from Wimbledon.

Since finishing his playing career professionally in 2005 he has held a number of non-league managers jobs, sampled league football with Aldershot Town and worked as assistant manager to Phil Brown at Derby County.

Holdsworth is a former chairman of the PFA and also founded the non-league PFA alongside his Sports Shield investment group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Did anyone really expect a billionaire banker to buy the club? We're Bolton Wanderers!

I can't fathom what else his involvement will be so I expect Dean Holdsworth to manage us in League 1 next season.

Set phasers to stun and shoot on sight if you see this twat anywhere near the Macron.

He'll probably try and blind you with his teeth to escape but be persistent and take his fat arse down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We're fucked.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Will my arse look big in this?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:

Will my arse look big in this?
He's a right ugly twat, isn't he!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not even a decent helicopter.

And even if he could get his arse into it,it'd never leave the ground.

A moral there somewhere.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder how much his dentures cost? Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And which Grand National winner donated them?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And which Grand National winner donated them?
:rofl:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There you have it ...... Billionaire turned away in favor of good ol' Dean.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but my hopes have been dashed at this point. Have they got any money or ambition for us?  Well let's see what happens next then.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Due diligence already been done by Deanos lot

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
He's a right ugly twat, isn't he!

Christ, some embarrassing posts on this thread already. Who gives a fuck what anyone looks like.

Rather Holdsworth running the show than some bellend who has no connection to the club.

Chuffed by this news, it means we've got a fucking club! Stop being negative or fuck off. It's that simple.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm praying that he has some rich backers.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Christ, some embarrassing posts on this thread already. Who gives a fuck what anyone looks like.

Rather Holdsworth running the show than some bellend who has no connection to the club.

Chuffed by this news, it means we've got a fucking club! Stop being negative or fuck off. It's that simple.

It's got nothing to do with what he looks like, you fucking knobhead.

He specializes in preying on ailing businesses and bouncing cheques written in their name before scarpering and leaving them in shit loads of debt.

So yeah, we've got a club for now but until someone proves that Disley isn't in bed with Holdsworth, I'll reserve judgement on just how fantastic this news is.

You dick.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

He specializes in preying on ailing businesses and bouncing cheques written in their name before scarpering and leaving them in shit loads of debt.

So yeah, we've got a club for now but until someone proves that Disley isn't in bed with Holdsworth, I'll reserve judgement on just how fantastic this news is.

You dick.

So you're going to judge them before they've even bought the club?

You seem to do this with everything, I'm amazed you ever found a wife as I'd have thought you'd be accusing her of an affair before your first date was over.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

You dick.

So you're going to judge them before they've even bought the club?

You seem to do this with everything, I'm amazed you ever found a wife as I'd have thought you'd be accusing her of an affair before your first date was over.
SS didn't have the money when the got knocked back a few weeks ago. Now they're back because the price has dropped. I don't understand how any of us can do anything but question this..

It could be a clever plan by ED to force Tamrazs hand  Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
SS didn't have the money when the got knocked back a few weeks ago. Now they're back because the price has dropped. I don't understand how any of us can do anything but question this..

Don't start using smileys you ponce. You're a grown man, not a teenage girl.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Don't start using smileys you ponce. You're a grown man, not a teenage girl.
Knob! jocolor

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 21]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum