Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » euro referendum 23rd June

euro referendum 23rd June

+18
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
gloswhite
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
scottjames30
karlypants
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

21euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sat Feb 20 2016, 23:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:If only it was that simple.
It is glos. for the most part we are free to make choices, we are free from slavery, we aren't starving, we are relatively safe, we aren't being abused on a daily basis, we live long and healthy lives. What more could we want?

22euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sat Feb 20 2016, 23:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I am on holiday in a country where over half the people have aids and the prime minister came on telly and admitted he had unprotected sex in an affair but wouldn't catch aids because he had a shower afterwards, where a rich Indian family ( guptas) finance the anc puppet government in return for economic favours, where the rich predominantly racist whites are getting their money out of the country as fast as possible so there is zero investment in maintaining the country's infrastructure, where the average lifespan is 42, where most people go to a shaman to cure illness or make people fall in love with them and where b on b murder, rape, slavery and child abuse is the lifestyle in every township, where the extremes of wealth and poverty share the same street all in an idyllic and beautiful country. Our problems re Europe are nothing.

Makes you think though, for instance, -

Would anyone want a couple of million of them pitching up at the EU boarders and worming their way in though?

Would everyone be happy if ALL the poor and at risk of Africa and Asia come knocking on our doors because the EU has a safer and better way of living than they have - for now at least.

Ok they probably wont but if you had asked me this time last year if a million Syrians would risk their lives to get into the EU I would have said no - but we now know how wrong I would have been.

Yes I know this is only one issue and that we should help others worse off than ourselves but I fear for the future of my daughter and maybe one day grandchildren because the basic law of anything is that you can't take more out of the pot than what has been put in.

I personally would like us to have more control of our own destiny than cede it away to the Eurocrats in Brussels. Maybe that is small minded thinking on my part but I've seen things get worse imo over the years and as a parent it is natural to want all our children to have a better life than what we've had - the thing is though I'm not that sure they will.

Times are a changing and not necessarily for the better.

23euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 00:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote: Although there are many laws, particularly regarding employment, that have benefited us, many are ridiculous, such as the shape of our vegetables/fruit, all the way to a flawed human Rights charter.

The Human Rights Act has nothing to do with the EU. It is derived from the European convention on human rights drafted in 1950 by the Council of Europe in response to the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.

The bent bananas rubbish is a Euromyth. It was invented by Eurosceptic media.

These are just two examples of why it is important to separate Brexit propaganda from reality and make an educated choice in the referendum.

24euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 07:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we don't get out, British people will be a minority on this land in 10 years time, it's bad now, but it will get worse, and when we are a minority, we won't be able to work, we'll be pushed out, our kids and their kids will hate living here.

Get out, stop the mess and control our borders.

Remember that Hamza, hook man.
That was a laughing stock, do we really want that shit again?

25euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 08:25

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:If we don't get out, British people will be a minority on this land in 10 years time, it's bad now, but it will get worse, and when we are a minority, we won't be able to work, we'll be pushed out, our kids and their kids will hate living here.

Get out, stop the mess and control our borders.

Remember that Hamza, hook man.
That was a laughing stock, do we really want that shit again?


Comments like this make me laugh, British people will be in a minority, how do you define British?

People of native birth, ie British will always outnumber EU migrants.

The job issue has little to do with migrants and a lot to do with individuals not wanting to do jobs which they think are beneath them. If someone who is properly trained comes from the EU to be a nurse do you believe that they should be passed over for someone who couldn't be bothered to do the training and work as a junior changing bedpans etc and learning their trade?

Hamza was not even from an EU country and if memory serves was extradited to Egypt, so how does this relate to a European debate?

26euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 08:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hamza was sent to the USA. And I define British as white British as it says on important documents.

And you talk shit about the job issue, they do a worst job but for less money, just to send money back to their own country, at least we put it back into the economy, get in the real world and get your facts right first.

Idiot.

27euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 08:53

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Hamza was sent to the USA. And I define British as white British as it says on important documents.

And you talk shit about the job issue, get in the real world and get your facts right first.

Idiot.


White British is simply an option not a requirement or a definition.

Hamza was Egyptian and deported to the US as you correctly state still waiting for the EU connection and before you spout off about EU law I think Hamza's lawyer made a last appeal to our own high court, memory again so you can go away and check that one if you like.

The jobs issue I speak of from experience, having worked in an industry where there are lots of low paid, unskilled jobs I see less and less applicant's in general, fewer people wanting what they see as worthless jobs?  However there is an increase in the proportion of EU workers applying.

The real world is different from everyone's perspective, if you want to explain your view in more than two short sentences and an insult then there may be something in what you are saying, however at the moment your argument escapes me.

28euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 09:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A large proportion of the waiters here in South Africa are Zimbabwean because employers say they work harder than the South Africans - who are complaining that the Zimbabweans are "stealing their jobs" - jobs they allegedly feel are beneath them even if they are starving. The anc are buying their votes with food and the promise of benefits they will never receive. Political ideology provides a justification for inaction. I've heard it suggested that if Brits were prepared to compete for lower income jobs they would have nothing to fear from immigrants and South Africans feel we are victims of our own welfare state.

29euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 11:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

People of native birth, ie British will always outnumber EU migrants.


That's a pretty naive statement.

30euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 15:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And now Boris has joined the Brexit campaign. Yet another reason to vote to stay in. Is there any prominent member of the Brexit campaign who is not a completely obnoxious arsehole?

31euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 15:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

32euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 15:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

33euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 16:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yep, Boris. He's rather more astute than many people give him credit for.
Having said that, I'm still waiting for the arguments form the politicians, for and against.

34euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 16:57

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

People of native birth, ie British will always outnumber EU migrants.


That's a pretty naive statement.


Population of Uk is circa 64m of which about 10% is 'foreign' born that's about 6.4m. assuming that the native population is not in decline, ie birth rate lower than the death rate, then you would need 57m EU migrants to break even.

That would be the equivalent of the entire population of Poland and Bulgaria upping sticks and moving here, so how is the statement naïve?

35euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 16:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:If we don't get out, British people will be a minority on this land in 10 years time, it's bad now, but it will get worse, and when we are a minority, we won't be able to work, we'll be pushed out, our kids and their kids will hate living here.

Get out, stop the mess and control our borders.

Remember that Hamza, hook man.
That was a laughing stock, do we really want that shit again?
Enoch Powell gave an infamous speech about this fifty years ago that's now called "Rivers Of Blood" in which he decried black people from the West Indies coming here because "British People" will be outnumbered and race war will break out. It seems not much has changed in the Little Englander's minds other than the name/race of the people threatening our way of life.

For your information Britons are already a mongrel race made up of tribes that came from everywhere between Africa and The Arctic Circle. If you want to call yourself White British that's up to you but frankly there hasn't been a real 'pure' Briton on this island since before Christ was born.

36euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 19:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i must admit i'm a bit torn on this now, i always believed being part of Europe was a benefit to us but the EU now is much more than what we initially signed up for - a trade agreement.

If we could get proper agreements (not like the wishy washy ones Cameron came back with) then i would say stay in but i can't see that happening. it's too big and powerful already.

As for the vote i get the impression it will be close, a lot of people are deeply unhappy about the levels of immigration and will vote no.

37euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 19:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Nigel says out, then I say out.

38euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 19:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm amazed at how many people are buying the idea that we can't make it on our own. We didn't get to where we are by letting others decide what, where, and how we do things.

39euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 19:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Nigel says out, then I say out.
You are a CONservative voter and supporter of Dave though!

40euro referendum 23rd June - Page 2 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Sun Feb 21 2016, 19:40

Guest


Guest

Closing steel factories like tata and importing cheaper alternatives (not better) is another nail in our manufacturing coffin. Its something im okay saying i don't get it at all.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum