Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

euro referendum 23rd June

+18
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
gloswhite
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
scottjames30
karlypants
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

301euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:And yet more! How many people in the fishing industry were stupid enough to believe the brexit liars? They are now finding out the hard way they have been taken for fools.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55903599

Just wait until the rest of the country start to realise what they’ve bought into - it’ll be kicking off this time next year.
On the plus side, all the more shellfish and lobster for us as prices tumble and cod and haddock rocket.

302euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:09 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm quite partial to scallops and I could definitely acquire a taste for lobster but I am going to miss haddock. What else am I going to have with my chips?

303euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:47 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lobster, but not a whole one  Very Happy

304euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Lobster, but not a whole one  Very Happy
Dunno. British coastal lobsters tend to be on the small side.

305euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:30 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dominic Grieve and David Lidlington’s Conservative European Forum appear to be the first group to ask the government to try to renegotiate Brexit after we left Europol and the European Arrest Warrant system. 
Leaving has made the U.K. less safe from terrorism, international crime and drug smuggling - but I’m left wondering why no political party is grilling the government over Boris’s disastrous deal?

306euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:13 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see the Brexit trade deal has still not been approved by the EU.
Whilst it was railroaded through our parliament without discussion in a single day, the EU only gave provisional approval so they could have time to analyse what it would actually mean.
They suggested the analysis would be done by the end of February but as they are still working on it Gove has agreed to an extension.

Interesting as yougov polls suggest that whilst the majority of Brits reckon the EU got the better deal, the French in particular feel we got off lightly.

Wonder what will happen if it’s not ratified?

307euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:37 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

308euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:08 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You know how we are so shit at doing trade deals following Brexit - or at least some on this thread have constantly been telling us - well I thought this news may be of some interest -

Abu Dhabi 'to invest billions' in British business

Abu Dhabi will reportedly invest billions of pounds in British health, tech, green energy and infrastructure as part of a post-Brexit deal.

Mubdala, one of the UAE's most active funds, will pay £800m into life sciences over five years, the Financial Times reported.

It is thought investments in the other three sectors will be of a similar scale.

The exact size of the total investment is not yet clear, the newspaper said.

However, the total deal is expected to be worth up to £5bn, it suggested.

More here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56496888

Tbh I don't know what it all means?  

Presumably Abu Dhabi won't be doing this from the goodness of their hearts so I guess they most be getting something from it, joint ownership of whatever comes from where they spend their money I guess?

Anyway, my point being just because Wanderlust has been telling us how fucked we are going to be (every day it seems...) for the last four and a half years since the referendum resulted in Brexit (which he himself voted for ironically) doesn't mean that he was right.

I would find it really, really funny if Brexit actually turned out good for us in the end, especially because Wanderlust voted for it and then wasted the best part of the next five years of his life since telling us how crap it was going to be and telling us porkies that he never did vote for Brexit and that is nose isn't really growing every time he denies he did!!!

Anyway I thought I'd bring a bit of good news to this thread for a change.

309euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It makes every sense for the UAE to diversify away from oil and this is welcome news with a few caveats:
1. 5 billion is tiny in the scheme of overall FDI
2. Successive Tory governments have sold the vision of a future Britain leading the field in renewable energy, biosciences and life sciences in general so why give ownership (and ergo profits and moreover intellectual property) to the Arabs? Noted that our government is promising to chuck in a paltry £200 mil. Instead of being great innovators who can sell the fruits of our creativity around the world this move is creating jobs that can be moved elsewhere at the whim of the employer.
3. It is a fact that foreign powers already own most of British industry but by a good distance the EU countries are the biggest shareholder- with a current share of about £600 billion

It’s good that there’s some good news on the inward investment front since inward FDI has plummeted since the referendum but if Britain is ever going to be the leading nation we were promised investment has to come from within so that we actually own our ideas and receive the profits from our endeavours. If not, we’ll continue to go down the path to becoming providers of a low cost workforce for foreign powers who can pull out at any time if we don’t offer them tax breaks - or worse still, kowtow to their political ambitions as we already do to e.g. Saudi Arabia.

310euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing much changes. Very Happy

311euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:26 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

312euro referendum 23rd June - Page 16 Empty Re: euro referendum 23rd June Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:34 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Terrrible that on the front pages of today's newspapers, only the FT, Metro and Guardian feature the riots in NI and the contributory role of Brexit and Boris' related comments.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum