Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holdsworth: I'm honoured to be a part of Bolton Wanderers again

+6
wanderlust
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Holdsworth: I'm honoured to be a part of Bolton Wanderers again Empty Holdsworth speaks Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holdsworth: I'm honoured to be a part of Bolton Wanderers again
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DEAN Holdsworth has spoken of his pride at “saving” Bolton [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The former striker, whose Sports Shield consortium pulled the football club back from the brink of administration this morning at the High Court, is just one step away from being confirmed as the new owner.

Wanderers won a 14-day adjournment at the High Court on the strength of Sports Shield’s accepted bid – which should now go through with Football League approval.
It ends a long chase for the 47-year-old whose bid has been by far the most durable in a saga that has stretched on for several months.

“It is a great day and I’m absolutely honoured to be a part of this club again,” he told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

“More importantly it lets the people who have been at this club through thick and thin look forward to the future.

“I can’t put into words what a tough process this has been.
“We shouldn’t have been talking about saving a football club but to do it makes this a very special thing for us.”

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DEAN Holdsworth has spoken of his pride at “saving” Bolton Wanderers.

The former striker, whose Sports Shield consortium pulled the football club back from the brink of administration this morning at the High Court, is just one step away from being confirmed as the new owner.

Wanderers won a 14-day adjournment at the High Court on the strength of Sports Shield’s accepted bid – which should now go through with Football League approval.

It ends a long chase for the 47-year-old whose bid has been by far the most durable in a saga that has stretched on for several months.

“It is a great day and I’m absolutely honoured to be a part of this club again,” he told The Bolton News.

“More importantly it lets the people who have been at this club through thick and thin look forward to the future.

“I can’t put into words what a tough process this has been.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i'm actually chuffed it's deano, i know rog and his billions if his intentions where good would have been great but i just hope Dean will make a go of it and we don't end up worse off.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not getting excited yet, lets see what his long term plans are and how he proposes to make us a successful and solvent club who can attempt to compete at the higher levels and not just turn us into a league 1 or 2 club forever

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chuffed with this. I just hope he's going to acknowledge the impact of a meeting he had in a jacuzzi a few years back that gave him the idea.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Chuffed with this. I just hope he's going to acknowledge the impact of a meeting he had in a jacuzzi  a few years back that gave him the idea.
 he'll be staying well away from you, he's only just managed to shake off the crabs you gave him

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LoV have wangled an interview with Deano at 7pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lets hope his determination rubs off on the team Very Happy

Boggersbelief wrote:LoV have wangled an interview with Deano at 7pm

It will just be a re hash of the ssn one he's just done. Lov the recyclers

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see the BN are way behind as usual, shouldn't they have been in first to get a proper interview and not just a statement?

Deano keen to get ST involved at board level, help improve comms with the fans. Hence LoV got him on the radar quickly.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So two  VC companies have bought us? All very Dragon's Den but they'll be wanting a healthy return. Hopefully, ED's "criteria"will save us from too much asset-stripping but given the current financial performance level there's little hope of investment in the team unless they have loads more to put in and really want to go for the prem. That would be highly unusual and unlikely strategy for a VC consortium - unprecedented in my experience. 
We still exist though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Deano keen to get ST involved at board level, help improve comms with the fans. Hence LoV got him on the radar quickly.

Why would anyone want less knowledge in the board room.

I want people who actually know football making the decisions not holier than thou twitter warriors. 

I'd have more respect for Dean if he said, I'll be making the decisions from now on thanks.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Why would anyone want less knowledge in the board room.

I want people who actually know football making the decisions not holier than thou twitter warriors. 

I'd have more respect for Dean if he said, I'll be making the decisions from now on thanks.

Just for one night Hipster, give it a rest.

Tonight, real BWFC fans are happy.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That would suggest there are a lot of "fake" bwfc commenting on this.

and for the record, I'm happy, but I'm not stupid, I want more information before I actually get excited, and so far thats not been provided.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club lives on. That's enough to be happy with.

Nobody has as yet explained where the Euxton / Car Park money has gone.

Iles has just said that he's sold the club for £1 down and £7.5 million to cover the tax bill and on-going costs for the rest of the season.

So where's the money they got for the training ground going?

Iles, needless to say, has asked and been fucked off.

If ED and his mates get it, fair enough but I hope that's an end to him taking money out.

(Any future monies payable to him are apparently dependent on the club being successful, so by definition, that doesn't overly concern me provided it doesn't impact the day to day running of the club.)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The car park deal didn't actually go through

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Will be happy once ratified and once the 14 days are in the past, listened to Dean on GMR he sounded keen to involve past players (moral) and said it was important to recruit before the loan period, wouldn't say who is backing him though? He mentioned the manager but not by name?

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:LoV have wangled an interview with Deano at 7pm

It will just be a re hash of the ssn one he's just done. Lov the recyclers

Big fan of recycling. Helps the environment.

Article is live on the site, and contains questions sent in by Bolton fans on twitter and Facebook - so if you hear something old, then that's not our fault, sorry x

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum