Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

your plan to see out the season

+8
wanderlust
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1your plan to see out the season Empty your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:05

Mine would be to bin lennon off.  Swap the whole under 21 (development squad) with the first time minus maybe a few, and let jimmy coach the players he knows and see who is going to be up for the fight in league 1.

Might save us money if more players can step up. Plus they have a manager managing them they are used to.

2your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:07

Don't let Hipster see you want Jimmy Phillips as manager.

3your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:09

I only mean to see out the season and work with the players he knows. As in the development squad

4your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon will see out the season and resign i reckon, i hope Deano has someone with league 1 experience lined up

5your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:38

Is called your plan to see out the season, not what will probably happen

6your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southend had another good win today. Browny will be the new man.

7your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've told you all, Allardyce is the man earmarked

8your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

9your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I've told you all, Allardyce is the man earmarked

Have you read his autobiography Boggers? No way will he manage us in League 1. He thinks he's above anything outside the Prem.

10your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Is called your plan to see out the season,  not what will probably happen
 my plan would be to bin off Lennon but it won't happen Johnny. If they did get shut the only option at this stage would be Jimbo again as caretaker till the end of the season.

We probably can't afford to sack him we have to hope he resigns

11your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 20:54

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Call me mad but, if he will stay, I would keep Lennon for next season. I think he will probably do as good a job as anyone else we could get to manage us in League 1. Any doubt after 8 games though and he's gone.
I thought we should have got rid of him 2 or 3 months ago in hopes that we could somehow pull off a miracle and stay in the Championship but that didn't happen. Different priorities now so I'm changing my mind.

Ask this lot to gracefully walk away from their contracts: Dervite, Madine, Spearing, Amos, Heskey, Davies, Wheater. I think most of the others, unless I'm leaving out some big earners who should also fuck off, can do a job in League 1. I want us to get promoted and not just settle for playing a whole team of kids.

Sign 2 bloody strikers, one with pace, who complement each other. Reeves/Philiskirk combo for example.

Fire anyone seen licking their wounds and accepting that we're shit again. It's time to stand the fuck up and fight.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sat Mar 12 2016, 21:56; edited 1 time in total

12your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 21:17

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:Call me mad

Mad don't cover it, Lennon is clueless and will have us in division 2

13your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sat Mar 12 2016, 21:20

I don't think we should be signing Reeves and Philliskirk.

The plan should just be get to the end of the season, then see what can be done to resurrect/rebuild in league 1. The time for changing manager has passed, chucking kids in to get beat every week isn't even worth thinking about. Just go down with a whimper and start afresh next season.

14your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 10:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only way Lennon will be in charge in League 1 is if the club can't afford to sack him and he's too stubborn to resign.

I really wouldn't want him as manager in League 1, he has no experience of the lower leagues and has already proven he doesn't know a Drogba from a Dervite when it comes to signing players.

15your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 12:36

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

what's Megson doing these days.

16your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 15:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Mine would be to bin lennon off.  Swap the whole under 21 (development squad) with the first time minus maybe a few, and let jimmy coach the players he knows and see who is going to be up for the fight in league 1.

Might save us money if more players can step up. Plus they have a manager managing them they are used to.

Seeing as we're stuck with 9 senior players on premiership wages next season there isn't going to be a great deal of room for the kids to step up. 

Next season's team is basically going to be the same as the current one but without Holding, Woolery, Feeney, Dobbie and a couple of others so our priority has to be trying to resign Woolie and Holding plus a striker from somewhere.

However, with the financial plan not seeming to stack up and the financial controls that have been put in place by the FL involving monthly monitoring we may not be able to hold on to Woolie and Holding or buy a striker because we have no money so there would be some space there for some of the kids to step up.

But whichever way you stack it up I'd be surprised if the team was much different from the current team. 

So if that's the case and we want to use what remains of the season to prepare for next year it will be all about making this team work.

I'd drop Feeney immediately despite Lennon being overreliant on him and introduce youngsters as cover/back-up for those likely to leave - including Holding and Woolery. Focusing on the key positions we're going to lose in the summer I'd be looking to provide alternatives from within.

At the same time, I'd try to increase competition for the other places - not just because the high earners know they're gone as soon as their contracts are up and ergo we need a longer term preparation plan, but also to sort out those youngsters that have a realistic chance of making it.

17your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 16:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You're only as good as your last job at the end of the day. Lennon looks to have taken us down so he's automatically labelled clueless. Phil Brown was in the same position at Preston AND failed to get them back up, yet people seem convinced he might be a better manager than Lennon on the basis that he's since done well at Southend. Does this means that if Lennon goes and does a great job elsewhere someday he was never really clueless at all?

18your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 17:10

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Where does this "clueless", accusation come from, I hear it all the time from fans on Talk Radio, fans forums and at the ground and yet none of these people have ever played professional football, or coached or managed at a professional club. Let's look at our recent history, Owen Coyle fantastic for twelve months then turned clueless, Freedman although never as popular as Owen took a team going nowhere but down to the brink of the playoffs but as luck would have it also turned clueless but never mind along comes Neil Lennon, turned our season round and dragged a rag tag demoralised team away from relegation did it on a budget of sweet fa and with a passion that had been missing, so much so that fans were worried he may be tempted away, nothing to worry about however as he has also now turned clueless. Maybe it is something in the water at Euxton or the Macron that turns them into imbeciles or maybe when you are skint and cut back season after season reducing quality and quantity it is what you deserve.

Maybe there is a manager out there that could have done a better job with this squad and I have no doubt that it will be someone else's task come August, we will just have to hope that he gets us up before the inevitable happens and the cluelesssness takes hold once more.

Amen

19your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 17:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NickFazer wrote:Where does this "clueless", accusation come from, I hear it all the time from fans on Talk Radio, fans forums and at the ground and yet none of these people have ever played professional football, or coached or managed at a professional club. Let's look at our recent history, Owen Coyle fantastic for twelve months then turned clueless, Freedman although never as popular as Owen took a team going nowhere but down to the brink of the playoffs but as luck would have it also turned clueless but never mind along comes Neil Lennon, turned our season round and dragged a rag tag demoralised team away from relegation did it on a budget of sweet fa and with a passion that had been missing, so much so that fans were worried he may be tempted away, nothing to worry about however as he has also now turned clueless. Maybe it is something in the water at Euxton or the Macron that turns them into imbeciles or maybe when you are skint and cut back season after season reducing quality and quantity it is what you deserve.

Maybe there is a manager out there that could have done a better job with this squad and I have no doubt that it will be someone else's task come August, we will just have to hope that he gets us up before the inevitable happens and the cluelesssness takes hold once more.

Amen

If I had written that post I would read it again and again, and maybe frame it.

:clap:

20your plan to see out the season Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Sun Mar 13 2016, 18:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

If I had written that post I would read it again and again, and maybe frame it.

:clap:

I bet you have a whole house full of my framed posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum