Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Celebs Have Their Sex Life In The Papers?

+5
karlypants
rammywhite
gloswhite
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a bit of a kerfuffle in the press today about British newspapers and media outlets being denied the opportunity to expose the celebrity at the centre of this sex game story, while the rest of the worlds media are able to name and shame the parties involved.

Have the UK courts got it right? Is it really any of our business who is shagging who in their private lives? Or do you think celebs are fair game?

If a Bolton player was shagging some bint off the TV would you want to know?

"Accidentally" leaking a video of you having sex with some C List rapper appears to be a legitimate method of entry into the vacuous world of celebrity nowadays (Kim Kardashian) so you can't have it both ways.

If you're happy to let every man and his dog watch you being manhandled round a dimly lit hotel room like a broken wheelbarrow just to get famous, you can't then start moaning if the media shines the spotlight of scrutiny on your actions thereafter.

They're all twats and it wouldn't bother me if they all contracted some horrible disease which caused their bits to rot and drop off, resulting in a particularly unpleasant and painful death.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:"Accidentally" leaking a video of you having sex with some C List rapper appears to be a legitimate method of entry into the vacuous world of celebrity nowadays (Kim Kardashian) so you can't have it both ways.

If you're happy to let every man and his dog watch you being manhandled round a dimly lit hotel room like a broken wheelbarrow just to get famous, you can't then start moaning if the media shines the spotlight of scrutiny on your actions thereafter.

They're all twats and it wouldn't bother me if they all contracted some horrible disease which caused their bits to rot and drop off, resulting in a particularly unpleasant and painful death.

True, but what if you're a celeb who is a genuine celeb (like Will Smith, Tom Cruise or Mark Davies) who doesn't need to do crass things to get publicity. Shouldn't folk like that be entitled to a private life?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I can't find the original thread about this but the High Court as upheld the Super Injunction about the z list celebrity having a gay romp with two others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36329818

Seems a bit silly to me as rightly or wrongly the information is out there in the general public domain and even computer numpties like me have long since found who it is.

I respect a balance between having a private life and people knowing things in 'the public interest' but this seems to me a bit daft now, a bit like closing the stable door now that the horse as bolted.  It also draws things out and keeps reminding people (about something they already know) rather than letting it become yesterday's chip paper news.

I don't really want to know about some gay bloke adulterously having a threesome bonking session but I don't think it is right that people can't talk about a FACT, that is in the WORLD's public domain but is in effect censored in this country because someone has buckets of money to throw at the legal profession to stop word getting out here.

Something clearly something not right imo.

What do you think?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe the bloke in question was silly enough to think the people he had sex with wouldn't run to the papers before he'd got his pants back on.

I hope the injunction is upheld permanently if only to stop this kiss-and-tell couple from making even more money.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't give a shit myself, and if someone is stupid enough to leave out a video of themselves getting humped, (although not in this case thankfully), then its obvious someone, somewhere, will make use of it.
Having said that, we don't need to know anybody's private life, nor should we have the right to impose on somebody else's privacy, unless they are breaking the law.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who was it? Go on,tell me!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we still on about Elton Johns husband here????

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Are we still on about Elton Johns husband here????

:facepalm:

Do you understand the concept of an injunction?

Biggie is in deep shit.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Biggie is in deep shit.
Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The person in question has threatened to sue every football forum that mentions his name.

I hope Biggie has deep pockets.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Biggie is deep in elton john.

Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Take that back. I'm not getting thrown in jail.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even worse, thrown in jail with KP. Can you imagine the fun he'd have in there.

Kp and biggie are the bread to elton johns meat

S

You're the sauce

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

As long as brain dead morons with no life continue to read this irrelevant rubbish the media will keep on printing it. The ones that do my head in are the ones who initially crave it (Jordan and Posh spring to mind) and then squeal like pigs when it works against them.
The ones who are discrete and rely on their talent to make their name aren't fair game in my opinion, just because they have a talent that has made them succeed it doesn't mean the media should be allowed to invade their privacy.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And the olive oil fiasco goes on. The supreme Court have ruled that the injunction still stands and that the private lives of the celebs must remain just that.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't get the fascination about who pronged who, where, when, and how. Tells more about the sad bastards who yell for more.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum