Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will They Wont They?

+12
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
scottjames30
Jack Russell
luckyPeterpiper
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Norpig
wessy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Will They Wont They? Empty Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 21 2016, 22:21

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Have a lap of honour after the Hull match?

I usually stay on but if it does go ahead i will be heading home when the whistle blows.

Surely they can't be so hard faced and come back out ?

2Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 21 2016, 22:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i haven't hung around after the last match for the last few years, i remember seeing pictures of last years and it was embarrassing, most of the crowd had buggered off

3Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 21 2016, 22:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope no one stays behind.

4Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 21 2016, 22:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

still pressing ahead with the player of the year award as well  affraid

5Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:00

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have stayed last couple of seasons, after all it is the end of the season and it is a sporting occasion at the end of the day. These things are always a little difficult after a season as disappointing as this one has been and although I think even this bunch could have performed better than they have we are being relegated because every season there has been less investment and a poorer squad.

6Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

They should come out and walk round the pitch to thank the poor bastards in the stands for paying their hard earned cash to watch that shite all season. A lap of apology is the least they could do. Face the fans and take some abuse, they deserve it.

7Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

NickFazer wrote:I have stayed last couple of seasons, after all it is the end of the season and it is a sporting occasion at the end of the day. These things are always a little difficult after a season as disappointing as this one has been and although I think even this bunch could have performed better than they have we are being relegated because every season there has been less investment and a poorer squad.
You can't honestly tell me you'll be stood there at the end of the game giving them a round of applause? 

Bloody nutter!

8Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that if all the fans leave the ground it will seriously undermine the confidence of those players who will be here next year especially the younger ones on whom there will be considerable pressure to step up ready or not.

They know perfectly well how poor they've been and acts of petulance like deliberately shunning them won't convince them that they are playing for fans that care. Prima donnas need to know that their fans care for them, even if they've not been good enough.

Also need to remember that it's an opportunity for the players to thank the fans and denying them that is pathetic. 

Both the fans and the players have had a rough trip this year so there's nothing to be gained by being stroppy.

9Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:36

wanderlust wrote:I think that if all the fans leave the ground it will seriously undermine the confidence of those players who will be here next year especially the younger ones on whom there will be considerable pressure to step up ready or not.

They know perfectly well how poor they've been and acts of petulance like deliberately shunning them won't convince them that they are playing for fans that care. Prima donnas need to know that their fans care for them, even if they've not been good enough.

Also need to remember that it's an opportunity for the players to thank the fans and denying them that is pathetic. 

Both the fans and the players have had a rough trip this year so there's nothing to be gained by being stroppy.
or maybe it will give them the kick up the backside they need to get their arse into gear and actually start playing

10Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:39

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I hope they do because I've been stockpiling rotten fruit for months now Very Happy

11Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I think that if all the fans leave the ground it will seriously undermine the confidence of those players who will be here next year especially the younger ones on whom there will be considerable pressure to step up ready or not.

or maybe it will give them the kick up the backside they need to get their arse into gear and actually start playing
It won't because they already know how poor they've been and they'll have months to think about it. They were relegated FFS and the last thing they need is their own fans rubbing their faces in it.
Pointless protest that damages the club and potentially makes things worse for us in the future IMO.

12Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 15:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure they care that much Lusty to be honest, as long as they pick up their wages, i will certainly not be staying to applaud them that's for sure.

Hopefully the club see sense and don't even have one after the match

13Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 15:03

Being a fellow fully paid up member of the BWFC Armchair Supporters Association, I generally agree with most things you write on here, Lusty, but I can't on this one.

If you're being paid handsomely to play professional football (note the "professional" bit) and you're a part of the team which has delivered one of the worst seasons in the club's long history, ultimately resulting in relegation, you need to be accountable for your role therein.

And if the club's fans showing their displeasure at all this causes you to go into a depressive funk and does anything other than galvanise you into doing better in future......

......you can fuck right off and play for somebody else in my book.

I know that everybody's different and the art of management is all about knowing your team and working out what motivates them, but you've got to draw the line somewhere and anybody who would be seriously affected by a few fans sodding off without cheering them and saying thanks for getting relegated clearly hasn't got the moral fibre to compete in the rough, tough world of pro sport.

They're footballers, not fucking concert pianists.

In fact, look at the bloke in my Avi.

Do you think he'd be out there expecting to be thanked by his adoring public after a season like we've just had?

Would he fuck.

He'd be issuing a full page apology in the BN and promising to make amends.

We need more of that, not more pandering to our bunch of clueless twats.

And thinking about it, saying "Aw, never mind...well done, anyway" to the young players could actually do more harm than good because it creates this idea that seasons like this one are in some way acceptable.

Which they're fucking not. Obviously.....

14Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 15:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

couldn't agree more Breaders  :clap:

15Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 15:52

Norpig wrote:couldn't agree more Breaders  :clap:

All this mollycoddling of the pampered twats is how we've wound up with a world in which the likes of YaYa Toure think it's ok to sulk because his employers haven't made him a fucking cake on his birthday.

This, despite them paying him a million quid a month simply to play football.

Bunch of twats and I'm sick of their whining when they don't get their own way all the time.

They should all be made to live on a council estate for a month and clean toilets for £6 an hour.

Let's see how sorry for themselves they'd feel then.

16Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 16:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's no way in Hell I'll stay for a lap of honour after this season. They don't deserve to be applauded. Lusty I understand your point but in this case I have to say you're just plain wrong my friend. It would be rank hypocrisy to do anything that suggests we're congratulating the people who get very well paid and are largely responsible for the rank failure that this season has been.

17Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 16:58

Breadman wrote:
Norpig wrote:couldn't agree more Breaders  :clap:

All this mollycoddling of the pampered twats is how we've wound up with a world in which the likes of YaYa Toure think it's ok to sulk because his employers haven't made him a fucking cake on his birthday.

This, despite them paying him a million quid a month simply to play football.

Bunch of twats and I'm sick of their whining when they don't get their own way all the time.

They should all be made to live on a council estate for a month and clean toilets for £6 an hour.

Let's see how sorry for themselves they'd feel then.
I agree.

18Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 16:59

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

It won't because they already know how poor they've been and they'll have months to think about it. They were relegated FFS and the last thing they need is their own fans rubbing their faces in it.
Pointless protest that damages the club and potentially makes things worse for us in the future IMO.
Absolute bollocks. They should also do what villa did and cancel poty awards too. Not one of them deserves it.

19Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 20:35

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Being a fellow fully paid up member of the BWFC Armchair Supporters Association, I generally agree with most things you write on here, Lusty, but I can't on this one.

If you're being paid handsomely to play professional football (note the "professional" bit) and you're a part of the team which has delivered one of the worst seasons in the club's long history, ultimately resulting in relegation, you need to be accountable for your role therein.

And if the club's fans showing their displeasure at all this causes you to go into a depressive funk and does anything other than galvanise you into doing better in future......

......you can fuck right off and play for somebody else in my book.

I know that everybody's different and the art of management is all about knowing your team and working out what motivates them, but you've got to draw the line somewhere and anybody who would be seriously affected by a few fans sodding off without cheering them and saying thanks for getting relegated clearly hasn't got the moral fibre to compete in the rough, tough world of pro sport.

They're footballers, not fucking concert pianists.

In fact, look at the bloke in my Avi.

Do you think he'd be out there expecting to be thanked by his adoring public after a season like we've just had?

Would he fuck.

He'd be issuing a full page apology in the BN and promising to make amends.

We need more of that, not more pandering to our bunch of clueless twats.

And thinking about it, saying "Aw, never mind...well done, anyway" to the young players could actually do more harm than good because it creates this idea that seasons like this one are in some way acceptable.

Which they're fucking not. Obviously.....
Spot on Breaders.

20Will They Wont They? Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Fri Apr 22 2016, 23:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think the club should just say No to a lap of honour !! we would know why and agree.

If they go ahead then it will be a few clap happy supporters and just a bit sad.

Picture JJ dancing with Sam then press fast forward to the Hull match !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum