Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bergsson urges fans to have their say and join Supporters' Trust

+2
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers fans must join the Supporters’ Trust by midnight tonight in order to take part in the upcoming elections.

Gudni Bergsson, the former club captain, sent out a reminder at the weekend imploring all supporters to get behind the Trust, which was officially formed in January.

“I am so pleased the Legends game was such a success and it is a pity I couldn't join in with the party,” said the defender, who made more than 300 appearances for the club. “Perhaps next time?

“I would just like to encourage all you committed BWFC fans who are not yet signed up to the Supporters' Trust to consider doing so before midnight on May 30. If you sign up by then you will be able to take part in the upcoming elections, alongside me and the other ex-players who are now Trust members.

“We want as strong and fully representative Supporters' Trust as we can possibly achieve in order to make sure our great club recovers from the recent troubles.”

The first BWFCST board will be announced on August 22 with nominations open between June 6 and July 4.

Ballot packs will be provided and voting opened from July 18 and it will close on August 15.

Nine elected members will then form the new board which will have officer positions of chair, treasurer and secretary. The remaining six elected members will each be allocated roles to include, amongst others, finance and investment, events and fundraising, community engagement, supporter liaison, marketing, communications, PR and media and IT/administration/membership.

The board will also have the ability to appoint co-opted members to the board to provide input and assistance in specific fields as appropriate.

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:No.

If you're not bothering to sign up, and therefore have no say in the elections, don't you dare write one of your negative essays about whoever is elected.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:No.

If you're not bothering to sign up, and therefore have no say in the elections, don't you dare write one of your negative essays about whoever is elected.

For once I have to agree with you. My original post was a knee jerk reaction but when I saw your reply I decided you have a point. So I've decided to join up in the hope (faint I admit) that someone other than the clowns currently running the steering group get elected.

In all honesty Nat I've said before that I believe a strong Supporter's Trust would be one hell of an asset to both the fans and club but the current "leadership" are basically idiots. Even you must see that much. I'm not going to stand for an office myself because (assuming I could actually win a vote which is about as likely as me winning the next x-factor) I wouldn't have the time to devote to it that it actually deserves.

Personally I think if we get the right people the ST could be one hell of a useful thing, a bridge between the boardroom and terrace that truly represents the fans while also keeping the best interests of the club in mind. I really and truly believe that the steering group are very much the wrong people and have done a lot of damage to that basic principle already.

But just like the government, you can't moan about them if you stayed home and didn't vote so I've chucked in my money and I'll vote then when they get elected (which I'm sure they will because the BN has practically annointed them and so far I don't know of anyone credible standing against them) I will write as many essays as I want. In fact I hope you read War And Peace 'cos that's gonna be the foreword of a book compared to what I'll be posting. Smile

In all seriousness, I really am worried by Manning and his cronies, I can honestly say I think they are completely wrapped up in delusions of grandeur and have let themselves believe they really represent the majority of fans when they truly only represent themselves and a few like minded cronies. However they won't be around forever and hopefully by the time the next set of elections roll around other more sensible people will be better known to the whole membership and be in a position to replace them.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Congratulations Peter, it sounds as though you are climbing directly into bed with Anderson if there is any truth in this bit of gossip posted today on ww! -

Gonzo posted -

The latest I'm hearing is....

I've been told basically Anderson has stitched Holdsworth up.

Something to do with some of Andersons money being paid into the club by specific date. If it was paid in by a specific date it gave Anderson the option to buy a percentage of Holdsworths shares. This option was in small print which was missed by Holdsworths legal team at the time the club was in the process of being bought by SS/Anderson.

Anderson paid this amount into the club by the required date which gave him the option to buy Holdsworths shares which he did, he is now the majority share holder and Holdsworth is now in the process of attempting to sell his remaining shares to the ST. Hence the reason he's declining a lot of interviews recently. Where the ST will get funding from to buy them I don't know.

Anderson has also sacked the whole first team recruitment staff, any new players are to be signed through the agency from which he had to stand down from when he bought into the club as there was obviously a conflict of interests. This agency is now ran by his son so obviously he's still involved financially etc.

...don't shoot the messenger.

Carlos replied -

Why the fuck would the ST buy a minority holding in the club? Surely they would then cease to be a Supporters' Trust but an investment vehicle where some members are more equal than others? If it goes into administration then they'd have first option on buying their own mess. Fucked.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

DH's legal eagles missed such an important clause that allowed Anderson to buy his shares? FFS! This has more twists than a twisty thing. DH needs to either sue his legal team for negligence or come out and tell us what exactly has happened. Poor drills all round and no doubt the fans will get no explanations. Perhaps in the fullness of time, Gudni and SuperJ will be able to find out the truth.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It IS only gossip but Iles had previously said about Anderson becoming the major shareholder once he put his money in so I assumed Holdsworth must have agreed that from the outset- in fact it would be shocking if he didn't know anything about it!

If he had since doubted the wisdom of this (or indeed had not known about it) it would make sense for him to sell his shares and exit.

I wont comment on my views as for the ST's involvement in buying his minority holding but I'm sure you are all smart enough to guess what they would be!

Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:It IS only gossip but Iles had previously said about Anderson becoming the major shareholder once he put his money in so I assumed Holdsworth must have agreed that from the outset- in fact it would be shocking if he didn't know anything about it!

If he had since doubted the wisdom of this (or indeed had not known about it) it would make sense for him to sell his shares and exit.

I wont comment on my views as for the ST's involvement in buying his minority holding but I'm sure you are all smart enough to guess what they would be!

Very Happy
No sluffy, it's my intention to try and oppose both the steering group and Anderson's machinations from the "inside" as it were. I won't support the ST taking a stake in the club by any means at this time because I believe it would limit what the club can realistically accomplish. The Ebbsfleet experiment failed because while the fans wanted to make it succeed they simply didn't have the resources to do it. Most of our fans are working class people who even collectively couldn't possibly put together the kind of money we'd need to get back into the Championship much less the Premier League.

I think some members of the Trust, myself included need to do whatever we can to make the larger membership aware of the realities involved in running a multi-million pound business and point out that the steering group is living in cloud cuckoo land if they really don't think it's beyond them no matter how many press releases the BN annoints them with.

As to Anderson, well, we all knew from the off that he's about profit and not remotely interested in BWFC in the long term. I personally hope he finds someone else to take it off his hands soon, maybe he should be approaching Tamraz who (imo) would have been a far more sensible person for ED to sell to in the first place.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It might be too late for you already Pete.

The election results wont be announced until the end of August and the Steering Group may have bought Holdsworth share and committed the yet to be elected ST board to minority ownership of the club in partnership with Anderson - fait accompli.

At least the good news would be that you and the other 2,000 plus members will have a great view of the game from the Directors box, although it might be a little bit cramped in there.

...or would that be reserved for those in the ST who are more equal than the rest of you?

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone called Gonzo is bound to be a reliable source. Loved him in The Muppets.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyone called Gonzo is bound to be a reliable source. Loved him in The Muppets.

Yes it might all be bollocks but nothing surprises me about the club or the ST these days.

It all helps to pass the time on though.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:It might be too late for you already Pete.

The election results wont be announced until the end of August and the Steering Group may have bought Holdsworth share and committed the yet to be elected ST board to minority ownership of the club in partnership with Anderson - fait accompli.

At least the good news would be that you and the other 2,000 plus members will have a great view of the game from the Directors box, although it might be a little bit cramped in there.

...or would that be reserved for those in the ST who are more equal than the rest of you?

Very Happy
Buddy I wouldn't sit in the Director's Box if you paid me. I did that years ago when my dad was a director of Accrington Stanley (back in the early 80's) and being behind glass where the ref couldn't hear my suggestion he was the product of a dalliance between a randy member of the porcine family and a female dog was torture! Twisted Evil

In all seriousness though I doubt even the Steering Group would be able to buy the shares before the elections are held. For one thing the League will want to look very closely at any such deal and how it would impact on funding the club next season. I doubt they'd sanction a sale to anyone even in part without rock solid proof that money for future bills was not going to be affected.

I may be wrong but I doubt hugely that the steering group could muster the kind of money needed to satisfy the League. As to Ken Anderson, well, we already know he doesn't care about tomorrow, he just wants a profit from this and if he gets the chance to leave the next guy to clean up the mess he'll take it with both hands.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyone called Gonzo is bound to be a reliable source. Loved him in The Muppets.

Is that the same Gonzo who I had a bet with?

The loser would drink the blood of an AIDS victim, he chickened out, the shitbag, not a reliable source at all, I think it was him anyway, could be wrong though.

Kin 'ell, Scott...

You don't fuck about, do you?

What was the bet about?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't remember, he chickened out, but would've won.

So I'm glad.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can smell something and it's fooking strong and it stinks......

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote: I can smell something and it's fooking strong and it stinks......

The ex Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum