Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust letter to the Football league

+10
JAH
observer
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

It was on yesterday.

And tomorrow.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm stocking up on my whale gifs. 

Very Happy

Can you get Bruce Forsyth and a whale one?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bruce Forsyth riding a whale

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Ok time to hand over to those wanting to have a pop at me but please if you do I would appreciate some real facts in reply rather than some feeble character assassination once again.

Thank you.
Whilst I agree with the content of your post there is a bit more to it than a simple right to know.

The whole purpose of the ST is to bring the club to the realisation that for their own interest they need to work with there fans since without fans there is no reason, purpose for the club to exist.

I believe we do have a right to know, to a certain extent, about financial issues at the club. It's not like the steering group are asking about specific details relating to contracts or wages that could be considered confidential, they are asking about elements of a financial plan that should be in place to resolve issues that have dogged the club for the last 12months.

It is concerning that the owners are not able to come forward with simple statements that are able to answer those concerns it would appear.

as for the letter, it was interesting to note that the Steering group had e-mailed the Football league and had to be told to approach the owners first directly, only at that point did they speak with Holdsworth and Anderson. To me this indicates that they are not willing to engage with the owners of the club which is exactly what a supporters trust should be doing, not running to the football league.

Agree with chairmanda that the fact the letter is marked Private and Confidential but was then published is highly unprofessional, taken with the above, it raises further questions, not about the issues which are highly relevant, but the way they are being raised, who they are being raised with and to what end the steering group are taking the current steps.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Can you get Bruce Forsyth and a whale one?
Well it's close.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Ok time to hand over to those wanting to have a pop at me but please if you do I would appreciate some real facts in reply rather than some feeble character assassination once again.

Thank you.
Whilst I agree with the content of your post there is a bit more to it than a simple right to know.

The whole purpose of the ST is to bring the club to the realisation that for their own interest they need to work with there fans since without fans there is no reason, purpose for the club to exist.

I believe we do have a right to know, to a certain extent, about financial issues at the club. It's not like the steering group are asking about specific details relating to contracts or wages that could be considered confidential, they are asking about elements of a financial plan that should be in place to resolve issues that have dogged the club for the last 12months.

It is concerning that the owners are not able to come forward with simple statements that are able to answer those concerns it would appear.

as for the letter, it was interesting to note that the Steering group had e-mailed the Football league and had to be told to approach the owners first directly, only at that point did they speak with Holdsworth and Anderson. To me this indicates that they are not willing to engage with the owners of the club which is exactly what a supporters trust should be doing, not running to the football league.

Agree with chairmanda that the fact the letter is marked Private and Confidential but was then published is highly unprofessional, taken with the above, it raises further questions, not about the issues which are highly relevant, but the way they are being raised, who they are being raised with and to what end the steering group are taking the current steps.

If they disenfranchise the fans then they certainly wont be helping themselves financially in the short term BUT what exactly have they done up to now to actuallydisenfranchise them?

All they 'seemed' to have done so far is to rebuff some 'representatives' of a yet fully formed ST who appear (by your own comments in your last paragraph) to have some form of an agenda over being giving the financial information the want.

For all we know they could have given them loads of financial information already - indeed the ST's letter says the list of financial questions they seek of Holdsworth and Anderson " remain  largely  unanswered", which implies that at least some of their questions HAVE been answered.

There are two sides to this story and up to now it seems that only one is being given and that is been given by a small group of people who have clearly an agenda of their own.

Maybe they are bob on and time will prove them right but correct me if I am wrong but up to now Holdsworth and Anderson have paid all the bills they have had to and on time.

Perhaps the time to go whinging to the Football League is when bills haven't been paid and things have started to go wrong.  What can be done up to that point by the FL anyway?

The ST is very keen to keep stating that they are working towards mutual 'trust' with the current owners - it doesn't seem like that to me.

Does it to you?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck um off Sluffy.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck um off Sluffy.
I'd no idea you were a Native American Scott.

We'll smoke the pipe of peace.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Fuck um off Sluffy.
I'd no idea you were a Native American Scott.

We'll smoke the pipe of peace.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got told of a physic once there was an Indian behind me, as my guide, communicating with said person .

So in my past life, you could be on to something .

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Does it to you?
That is my main issue here mutual trust relies on speaking directly to individuals involved, not running off to third parties, publishing private correspondence or demanding answers where you rightly point out you are not in a position to demand things.

In terms of what Anderson and holdsworth are doing to disenfranchise fans, they may have done nothing that has made the situation worse, yes wages are being paid, however they are taking a lot of time resolving the issues that exist like the accounts and embargos.

Yes they may have answered the steering groups questions partly,  however there is a view that they can answer questions until the cows come home, what is needed are actions that show the club is moving in the right direction.  For now I am personally willing to give the new owners more time, however that will wear thin as it has with others already.

The timing of the letter is wrong, the ST needs to be holding regular meetings with the owners, build a relationship and work with them. This letter makes that almost impossible.

So we end up with Owners that appear to be failing to take any action to deal with the current issues and a supporters trust that has completely isolated itself from those owners and is fast ruining any chance of being a credible voice for the fans.

Not a great start to a new era.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck him off Sluffy.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck him off Sluffy.

He's basically in agreement with me Scott!

Very Happy

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Indeed, people see a couple of wordy posts and assume it's a barney

Fuck um! Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell. They've got firewater. They're leaving the reservation.............

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i know, Sluffy.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Fuck um! Shocked
I'm mental , just looking from another world pal.

What was we talking about again?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Fuck um! Shocked
I'm mental , just looking from another world pal.

What was we talking about again?

Injuns. :tumbleweed:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Correct.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic