Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans

+14
wessy
NickFazer
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
okocha
gloswhite
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 08:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I honestly would like to know why you think that anything supported by Farage, Boris, Gove, The Sun and The Daily Mail and opposed by all the leaders of the other political parties, most Labour MPs and virtually all experts is likely to be good for ordinary people. Unless you are rich and right wing I just don't understand.

People have been duped into believing all of their problems are the fault of immigrants. But have chosen to express that concern is just about the worst way possible for everyone. 

You have not handed 'control' back to politicians that have ordinary people's best interests at heart, just look at the collective records of the politicians involved, but especially our new leader in waiting Boris Johnson. During his time as mayor he oversaw and encouraged the explosion of the London property prices, he's had social housing demolished and tenants turfed out to make way for luxury housing. Which are literally empty towers sold off to Qataris/Saudis/anybody rich enough to pay, meanwhile ordinary Londoners are pushed further and further out.

Just listened to Chris Grayling give a very non committal answer on the £350 million pledge Leave made for the NHS. This right wing set of Tories definitely have your best interests at heart.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:People have been duped into believing all of their problems are the fault of immigrants. 

17 million people voted out because of immigrants?  17 million racists? Really? 

You sap

Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:People have been duped into believing all of their problems are the fault of immigrants. 

17 million people voted out because of immigrants?  17 million racists? Really? 

You sap

It's not racist to want immigration curbed - and I didn't say everybody that voted out did, it was clearly the main issue though.

But if it wasn't, what was?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You brought up the racist thing Boggers. It is a fact though that Immigration is the number one concern of the Leave voters and whether or not that's due to racism, tribalism, nationalism or something else varies from person to person. 

But surely you understand that Remain voters feel very cheated by this con.

If the Labour Party had said vote for us and we'll give every person in the country a million pounds, a sports car and a luxury home, swept to power and then turned round and said "Well we were just kidding about the money and the car and the house - but we won so who cares?" I imagine the nation would feel the same.

Those lying toerags Farage, Gove and Johnson have just done exactly that.

There will be no reduction in immigration - they can't deliver it and if anything immigration is likely to increase.
There will be no "extra £350 million a day for the NHS" as we only pay £40 million to Europe anyway and that is less than a tenth of half a percent of our fiscal spending budget or f*** all to coin a technical term.
They can't take control and self-govern because they haven't a clue about how Government or international finance works and they'll never get elected after this fiasco.
Meanwhile we are all substantially poorer as a result of their stupidity because the fate of people and the quality of life is determined by nothing more than confidence - confidence in Britain which they have eroded.

Remain voters have every reason to be angry. Leave voters should and probably will be even more angry when none of the "promises" are delivered and they finally realise they've been used to further the careers of three desperate no hopers who clearly don't give a monkey's about Britain.

Out of interest, did you vote Boggers?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:You brought up the racist thing Boggers. It is a fact though that Immigration is the number one concern of the Leave voters and whether or not that's due to racism, tribalism, nationalism or something else varies from person to person. 

If the Labour Party had said vote for us and we'll give every person in the country a million pounds, a sports car and a luxury home, swept to power and then turned round and said "Well we were just kidding about the money and the car and the house - but we won so who cares?" I imagine the nation would feel the same.

There will be no reduction in immigration - they can't deliver it and if anything immigration is likely to increase.
There will be no "extra £350 million a day for the NHS" as we only pay £40 million to Europe anyway and that is less than a tenth of half a percent of our fiscal spending budget or f*** all to coin a technical term.
They can't take control and self-govern because they haven't a clue about how Government or international finance works and they'll never get elected after this fiasco.
Meanwhile we are all substantially poorer as a result of their stupidity because the fate of people and the quality of life is determined by nothing more than confidence - confidence in Britain which they have eroded.

Remain voters have every reason to be angry. Leave voters should and probably will be even more angry when none of the "promises" are delivered and they finally realise they've been used to further the careers of three desperate no hopers who clearly don't give a monkey's about Britain.

Why don't we see what happens ? Getting our knickers in a knot wont help anyone, and whether we like it or not, we all have to pull together on this one now.

I personally think the country, and its people, are strong enough to get over this, and progress. I would rather we look at this as a new challenge instead of bemoaning what could have been.

Maybe you're right Glos, it's just frustrating we'll spend so much time arranging this and for what gain? We'll have to wait and see, but we'll be playing catch up with the rest of the world for the next generation IMO when we should be focused on progression.

10brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 16:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fair enough, but I personally consider that our longer term prosperity is now more assured than if we had stayed within a failing organisation.
Its not just the immigration, which won't be fixed in the near future, but many more aspects of our life, and way of life. The short term future will be troubled, but even the markets are calming down. The biggest problem we will have is that everyone of our so-called experts and politicians don't seem to have prepared for the unlikely result of our departure. Time is of the essence, and I'm hoping we, (all of us), get our act together soon. I voted 'Out', but as soon as the result was known I remember thinking, 'Great, I hope I've done the right thing'. Right now, I believe I have.

11brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 17:14

More worrying for me is that the Leave campaign don't seem prepared for actually leaving. Lots of pie in the sky ideas, very little detail from what I've heard so far. Hardly fills the rest of us with confidence.

12brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 17:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lord Digby Jones on BBC Breakfast this morning. Reassuring words that may cheer up those who were saddened by the outcome. A voice of sanity and optimism.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcbreakfast# 

You'll have to scroll down a little way to find his photo in a small box on the left hand side of the page.

13brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 17:25

I think Digby's giving a large chunk of the Leave voters far too much credit there.

He's suggesting that they voted Leave to strike some sort of blow for democracy when he says that "they like electing their leaders instead of being dictated to by un-elected EU officials."

I know I keep saying it but I personally know of plenty of Leave voters who wouldn't now a Ballot Box if it fell out of the sky and landed on their head.

They don't normally vote because they have no interest in parliamentary democracy.

But they do hate / fear foreigners and are convinced that their world would be a better place with less foreigners in it.

And that's why they voted to Leave.

They bought the lie and shafted the rest of us because of it.

14brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:You brought up the racist thing Boggers. It is a fact though that Immigration is the number one concern of the Leave voters and whether or not that's due to racism, tribalism, nationalism or something else varies from person to person. 

Why don't we see what happens ? Getting our knickers in a knot wont help anyone, and whether we like it or not, we all have to pull together on this one now.

I personally think the country, and its people, are strong enough to get over this, and progress. I would rather we look at this as a new challenge instead of bemoaning what could have been.

You have more confidence than me gloss when one cretin this afternoon, whom I might add is educated and I've known for years, voted leave because he didn't think it would happen. I really am full of despair, I'm supposedly a complete numpty according to folk on here and I have to listen to this utter banal shite! Ffs we are bollox ed, where are Gillette when you need them? Pulled out the country early!!!

15brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

SK, I have to have confidence now, if things go downhill, I'll have to consider selling my body Shocked

16brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:18

gloswhite wrote:SK, I have to have confidence now, if things go downhill, I'll have to consider selling my body Shocked
£2.74

17brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
gloswhite wrote:SK, I have to have confidence now, if things go downhill, I'll have to consider selling my body Shocked
£2.74
Cheap as chips for blowies.

Bargain Booze bins can't compete at that price! Shocked

18brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:30

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
£2.74
Cheap as chips for blowies.

Bargain Booze bins can't compete at that price! Shocked
I don't want his body for sex. I'd never chat on you kp.ive got a shipment coming in and need him to keister them for me

19brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If its interesting enough, I might pay ! Very Happy

20brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sat Jun 25 2016, 18:45

gloswhite wrote:If its interesting enough, I might pay ! Very Happy
36 14" phallic objects for women.  You in?  All need to be in the same "packet"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum