Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was your bus?

+17
Dunkels King
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
NickFazer
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
bwfc71
carl baxter
Chairmanda
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

91What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bet you thought it was Brucie. Very Happy

92What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

93What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 13 2016, 14:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have received by email, from a contact at the Museum of Transport in Manchester, a few PDF's showing Bolton bus route changes and the  501/502/504 timetables as well, but not quite sure how to upload them on to here.

It may sound boring but the changes that took place were very interesting and see what the bus network used to be like before deregulation of buses in 1986.

94What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 13 2016, 19:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I have received by email, from a contact at the Museum of Transport in Manchester, a few PDF's showing Bolton bus route changes and the  501/502/504 timetables as well, but not quite sure how to upload them on to here.

It may sound boring but the changes that took place were very interesting and see what the bus network used to be like before deregulation of buses in 1986.

no it does sound and is very boring, you need to get out more mate  Very Happy

95What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 13 2016, 19:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I have received by email, from a contact at the Museum of Transport in Manchester, a few PDF's showing Bolton bus route changes and the  501/502/504 timetables as well, but not quite sure how to upload them on to here.

no it does sound and is very boring, you need to get out more mate  Very Happy

It is fantastic local history right in the palm of our hands.
Very Happy

96What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 13 2016, 23:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm so old I remember (and used to occasionally catch) the number 3 bus!

I can't remember now exactly where it went now (up Barrow Bridge I think) but its route did go close to where I lived and I did catch it from time to time - although it didn't run that frequently.

I can't remember if it became the 503 but I think it probably disappeared before they changed the numbering.

To be honest the idea of this whole section of the forum was primarily to talk about current issues in and around Bolton and whilst it is fascinating for us old ones to reminisce about times gone by, it does really only appeal to us of a certain age.

Thanks very much Chris about showering your encyclopaedic knowledge about the buses of Bolton - we are not worthy!

Very Happy

97What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 13 2016, 23:40

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Always caught the 36 outside the Church Inn Newbury into Manchester, used to cost 10p. Although always took longer than it should because of the idiots that used to hit the emergency stop button that used to be on the back of the old double decker buses.

98What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 14 2016, 12:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Proper bus.
What was your bus? - Page 6 DBN-978_lr
Didn't the 215 go to Chatburn which is in the Ribble Valley? I always wondered why there was a bus to such a random place. The 225 went through Dunscar and Egerton to Blackburn and I've got a feeling that the 215 did the same then carried on to Chatburn to collect all the hillbillies who came to shop in Bolton.
Of course it amy all have been a dream.

99What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 14 2016, 12:21

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Proper bus.
What was your bus? - Page 6 DBN-978_lr
Didn't the 215 go to Chatburn which is in the Ribble Valley? I always wondered why there was a bus to such a random place. The 225 went through Dunscar and Egerton to Blackburn and I've got a feeling that the 215 did the same then carried on to Chatburn to collect all the hillbillies who came to shop in Bolton.
Of course it amy all have been a dream.
Who is Amy and why is she dreaming of the 215 bus

100What was your bus? - Page 6 Empty Re: What was your bus? Thu Oct 27 2016, 21:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Amos, are you sure the 501 went to Halliwell? 

I'm pretty sure that went up BBurn road to either Astley B or up Belmont road to Oldhams Estate?

I'm not Amos but the Number 1 (as it used to be before it turned in to the 501) used to go from town (originally the Town Hall steps) along Deansgate and turning right at the Fire Station, over the bridge passed the blind school, turning into Vernon Street, passed the Guide Dogs home, turning left on to Merehall Street and on through to Tennyson Street passed the Sorting Office and on to Esrick Street, then Elgin Street which turns into Church Road and heading off in the direction of Moss Bank Park.

When Brownlow Way was built it travelled up that side of the park rather than the other as it used to do when I lived around that area.

A number of years since I was on a bus in Bolton but I would think the 501 route probably hasn't changed that drastically since my time has it?

Happy days.

Ever thought about being a sat navigation system?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum