Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson radio interview

+4
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
wessy
MartinBWFC
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Ken Anderson radio interview Sat Sep 03 2016, 20:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Listened to it this afternoon, and the guy just fills me with confidence, says the accounts will be filed soon, expects a fine, and the embargo has not really handicapped us in as much as we have probably brought in more players than any other league1 team with 12 coming in over the Summer.

Also hinted at possible foreign investment, with talks with Chinese and Malaysian investors ongoing, and invited to the UK for further discussions, all in all a very honest and encouraging interview, and far removed from the type of man we all feared was a disaster waiting to happen, if you get the chance listen to his interview on BBC radio Manchester, over 10 minutes long but well worth a listen.

2radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Sat Sep 03 2016, 22:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Totally agree i heard it and was impressed.

3radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Sat Sep 03 2016, 23:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Full Radio clip already posted hours ago by Boggers - see post 6 in this thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you want a look at Iles butchered and at times unintelligible summary of the radio interview, see below -

KEN Anderson claims Wanderers have taken a big step forward in their efforts to have a transfer embargo lifted by the Football League.

Despite making 12 signings in the summer transfer window the chairman says costs have now fallen into line with the salary cap rules for League One.

The crucial next step is to submit overdue accounts for the 2015/16 season to Companies House – who could take action if they are not received by the start of next month, The Bolton News understands.

Anderson says the accounts are “ready to go” and has put part of the delay down to a change in accountants.

The club has a legal obligation to file their accounts and a viable business plan before the Football League can completely remove the embargo which has been in place since the end of last year.

“The first set of accounts are going in are from the old ownership, prepared by Deloitte, and they are not going to make pleasant reading,” Anderson said. “But John Pelling (the club’s acting financial director) could submit them today or tomorrow if we needed him to.

“I think the first thing to say is that on the playing side we have now got over one of the hurdles in the embargo - we are no longer over the salary cap,” he added. “That’s ended. Everyone has said we bought five players in on deadline day but we actually brought 12 players in over the window. To have managed to do that and still be in the embargo, we have done very well.

“There is an embargo, which we inherited when we came. I would have liked to have had it gone by now but there were factors we didn’t know when we came in.

“Over the last two months, we have a working relationship with the EFL and managed to bring players in despite the embargo. We have reduced the costs at the club and the hotel substantially without having to lay people off. It has taken longer than we expected but we have got the CEO of the FL (Shaun Harvey) here today who we’re talking to on a regular basis.

"We don’t have to ask the FL every time we bring a player in or out although I am sure they are monitoring it.”

Anderson said he has been contacted regularly by businessmen looking to invest or buy into the club and that some interest from the Far East may be followed up at a later date.

He also accepts that outside investment might be necessary to compete in the higher levels of the Championship and for a return to the Premier League and could seek to create extra shares at the club in the future to find added cash.
“We would always look to people who could bring in something other than just money,” he said.

“Money is important but we want them to bring more than that. “I probably get one call a week about (investors) trying to get involved. A lot of those people are what I call ‘tyre kickers.’ But we’ve had two or three serious people from overseas - China and Malaysia in general - who have talked to us and we have said we’re happy to meet them when they’re next in the UK.

“We are happy to do that because our aspirations are to hopefully get up this season and if we get up we know to compete with the Derbys, the Villas, the Newcastles - even when you see what Forest and Bristol City are selling players for - we need more money if we think we’re going to get back in the PL.
“I have no intention of selling my shares, the club is not for sale.”

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Sep 06 2016, 19:50; edited 1 time in total

4radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Sat Sep 03 2016, 23:45

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He just seems to be a man who goes about his business in a quiet unassuming but effective way, you can't help but feel like he knows what he's doing when you here him talk.
But more importantly his actions speak louder so he's walking the walk and just talking the talk when he needs to.

5radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Tue Sep 06 2016, 18:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Any whisper of foreign investment always gets my attention.  I would imagine minimal investment of x millions would clear up our embargo issues and even allow for more players in the next window.
No idea of course...just dreaming on.

6radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Tue Sep 06 2016, 19:20

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Where can I listen to the radio interview? Clicked the link in Sluffys thread but went to a Bolton news quiz about how Bolton am I (not very according to that).

7radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Tue Sep 06 2016, 19:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:Where can I listen to the radio interview? Clicked the link in Sluffys thread but went to a Bolton news quiz about how Bolton am I (not very according to that).

8radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Wed Sep 07 2016, 14:25

To Be Frank

To Be Frank
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Good con-men always sound convincing don't they?

9radio - Ken Anderson radio interview Empty Re: Ken Anderson radio interview Wed Sep 07 2016, 14:33

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

To Be Frank wrote:Good con-men always sound convincing don't they?
Yes but so do honest hard working people who know how to get the job done

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum