Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?

+17
okocha
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Growler
karlypants
Keegan
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
King Bill
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

91memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 13:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still no sign of Nat, has she really flounced off?

92memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 13:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Frank Finlay. cheers However, I don't think I've ever been to a cocktail party. I'm not really that classy.

If I spill some of my beer I usually wipe it up with my sleeve so I'll have something to suck on the way home.
You get a point for Frank Finlay and, because I'm a forgiving sort of guy, I won't deduct it for not getting Tommy Banks.

I hope, by the same token, that you'll forgive me if I don't comment on what you do on your way home from the pub.

93memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 13:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Frank Finlay. cheers However, I don't think I've ever been to a cocktail party. I'm not really that classy.

If I spill some of my beer I usually wipe it up with my sleeve so I'll have something to suck on the way home.
You get a point for Frank Finlay and, because I'm a forgiving sort of guy, I won't deduct it for not getting Tommy Banks.

I hope, by the same token, that you'll forgive me if I don't comment on what you do on your way home from the pub.
I didn't think I had to name everyone from Farnworth! This might interest you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

94memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 13:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It is interesting in an odd sort of way but Thora Hird was from Morecambe, wasn't she?

She was interviewed by Melvyn Bragg before she died in 2003.

It was on the telly yesterday. Mrs Bobsworth said it was really worth the watch.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue Feb 11 2020, 14:57; edited 1 time in total

95memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:It is interesting in an odd sort of way but Thora Hird was from Morecambe, wasn't she?

She was interviewed by Melvin Bragg before she died in 2003.

It was on the telly yesterday. Mrs Bobsworth said it was really worth the watch.
She was indeed from Morecambe. Always loved Thora Hird, especially her later collaborations with Alan Bennett. Just watched her in this, with a buxom Diana Dors. Diana's full range of acting skills are on show here.

96memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Still no sign of Nat, has she really flounced off?
I demand she comes back. Unless she does, I'm going round to her place with my projector. I have hundreds of slides about slippers through the ages. The section 'How slippers won the war' is particularly enlightening.
And don't think Eric will stop me.

97memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 11 2020, 15:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:It is interesting in an odd sort of way but Thora Hird was from Morecambe, wasn't she?

She was interviewed by Melvin Bragg before she died in 2003.

She was indeed from Morecambe. Always loved Thora Hird, especially her later collaborations with Alan Bennett. Just watched her in this, with a buxom Diana Dors. Diana's full range of acting skills are on show here.

Aye. And John Laurie too.
Mrs Bobsworth tells me that Thora's later collaboration with Alan Bennett stemmed from him being impressed by her performance in A Kind of Loving, partly filmed in Bolton.

98memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Sat Feb 15 2020, 17:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Growler wrote:
wanderlust wrote:My favourite is my Atletico Madrid v BWFC commemorative coffee cup. Reminds me of happier days. They had Sergio Aguerro missing injured in the second leg so started with Forlan, Jose Antonio Reyes and Maxi Rodriguez but we defended superbly and went through with a nil all draw having won the first leg 1 nil.
I went to that match too, and have an Atletico Madrid v Bolton match scarf bought from one of the stalls outside the ground which i'll never part with.I view that night as the very end of the "Big Sam glory days" even though he'd left the club a few months before it was through his efforts we were in Europe.
I have the programme for the home match against Atletico. Noticed it this morning whilst scrabbling around. Also  the programme for Syd Farrimond's debut at PNE in 1958. Tommy Banks and Tom Finney were both playing for England that day. I was at both matches and the match in Madrid.

I also have a never-worn BWFC shirt signed by Frank Worthington. I paid quite a lot for that mainly because it was being auctioned for charity.

99memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Mon Feb 17 2020, 15:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A friend of mine, affected by HS2, is clearing his house prior to having it valued, and he's offered me a large number of Wanderers programmes collected by his father. This is great news for me, but I fear I may be the recipient of some serious flak on the home front.
I don't care. There might be a gem amongst them. Always fun sorting through old programmes.
Isn't it?

100memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 18 2020, 10:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I gave away my collection of programmes about fifty years ago but I've still got a big pile accumulated since the early nineties (the ointment isn't working).

Yesterday I came across the programme for the 1982 Frankie Vaughan Pro-Am Golf Tournament at Hillside. Amongst those playing were Sir Matt Busby, Gordon Banks, Roger Hunt, Willie Morgan, Alan Gowling, Chubby Chandler and a 24 handicapper from Bolton Old Links called Graham Ball.

101memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Sat Feb 22 2020, 13:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Came across an old copy of Tripe 'n' Trotters from 2004, concluding the search for the ugliest Trotter.
Can't say I disagree.

102memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Sat Feb 22 2020, 13:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think I've got that one too amongst a few copies of TnT and White Love. I preferred TnT.

I also have a small collection of Road Runner Videos. My favourite is the second leg of the League Cup semi-final against Swindon in 1995, prior to the Wembley final against Liverpool. The late great Dave Higson's pre-match interviews with Wanderers fans is comedy gold.

103memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 25 2020, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Picture quiz.

104memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 25 2020, 14:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That is a tester. Could it be Ronnie Codd?

105memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 25 2020, 19:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:That is a tester. Could it be Ronnie Codd?
No. I used to have his autograph, and lost it. 

1950-56. 42apps 3gls. Moved on to Bury.

106memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Tue Feb 25 2020, 23:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

I've got it. It was actually my second thought, before your clues, but I saw Tommy Neill play a few times for the Wanderers.
I think this must be a very early photo of him. I remember him with a different hairstyle and maybe just a few years older.
I'm sure I saw him play for Bury too.
I expect I might have also had his autograph. It would have been in my autograph collecting days.

107memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I've got it. It was actually my second thought, before your clues, but I saw Tommy Neill play a few times for the Wanderers.
I think this must be a very early photo of him. I remember him with a different hairstyle and maybe just a few years older.
I'm sure I saw him play for Bury too.
I expect I might have also had his autograph. It would have been in my autograph collecting days.
Tom Neill it is. Before my time though.

108memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

For some reason, I can almost see his signature in my minds eye as T K Neill written legibly.
Does that sound right with you?

109memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:For some reason, I can almost see his signature in my minds eye as T K Neill written legibly.
Does that sound right with you?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

110memorabilia - BWFC memorabilia, what you got ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: BWFC memorabilia, what you got ? Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha,found my own. It was in a framed sheet. Spot it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum