Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Social media treachery

+14
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Bollotom2014
Norpig
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Fabians Right Peg
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Social media treachery Empty Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last Saturday, while at the pub, I bumped into a "friend" with whom I go way back.
We went to primary school together, our families have been friends for many years, we've been out for drinks together in the past.
Here's the thing, I had this person as a friend on Facebook before he mysteriously deleted me a few months back.
Anyway, I chose not to bring it up, I just got on with pretending I had some respect left for him - chatting, reminiscing etc. as though nothing had ever happened.
But here's the thing that got me. He told me that he thought I was a cracking lad - decent, loyal, honest, all the rest of it - somebody he'd trust over any of his own family. Yes, somebody actually said these things to me.

So what did I do wrong? It's rare that I actually write something on Facebook - maybe one status a month on average - certainly not one of these who thinks the world needs to know every time they take a dump.

I don't post endless pictures, links to stupid websites or games, or anything like that. I just don't get it.

Has this sort of thing ever happened to you? And what is it about Facebook that makes people think they can just temporarily drop people like a sack of shit?

Last edited by doffcocker on Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:18; edited 1 time in total

2Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact you are clearly rattled that someone would ditch you on Facebook says everything about you and the society we live in.

Of course he's going to say nice things to your face, but behind the fake smile he hates your fooking guts. Probably with justified reason, I'm sure you were a know-it-all gobshite at school, just like you are now.

3Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The fact you are clearly rattled that someone would ditch you on Facebook says everything about you and the society we live in.

Of course he's going to say nice things to your face, but behind the fake smile he hates your fooking guts. Probably with justified reason, I'm sure you were a know-it-all gobshite at school, just like you are now.

Shocked  Good heavens! Is there any need for such a response?

4Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Shocked  Good heavens! Is there any need for such a response?

I love Doffcocker. But he asked why the guy ditched him on Facebook but was nice to his face, so I told him the truth.

No point sugar coating these things.

Now shut up, you're not his Mum.

5Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DC, has he unfriended you (or whatever you call it) by mistake perhaps?

6Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:53

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:It's rare that I actually write something on Facebook - maybe one status a month on average
There in lies the problem, why friend someone then not bother to interact, I deleted a load of people because of that. If you want to know what I am doing then at least have the decency to say something, it's almost as though people want to stand at your front window and peer into your house but not bloody knock on the door and come in for a chat.

7Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair, I can't stand FB. I have never had it and never will.

It's a pile of shit.

Unless people are using it to interact with their nearest and dearest who live at each opposites of the world for example then get a life ffs and dump the shite.

8Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:get a life ffs and dump the shite.

If Doffcocker dumps Facebook he won't have a girlfriend anymore.

9Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't get Facebook at all.

If you want REALLY want to stay in touch with friends and relatives then SPEAK to them either face to face, on the phone or Skype.

If you can't be arsed then why pretend and have them on FB and 'share' your life, and share theirs by looking at some pictures or read some earth shattering news like what they had for breakfast?

You don't care about them enough to really want to see, or know - and they are not really bothered about you either.

Who gives a fuck about having 60, 70, 80 or whatever number of FB friends when you can't be bothered even speaking to them?

Maybe your mate just deleted you by accident, or had a cull of the 'friends' he never see's or speaks too.

Maybe he was being honest saying you are a top bloke - but he simply doesn't see you as being in his close circle of friends and family.

Does it really matter?

You've not kept in touch in real life with him, he hasn't with you - so what does keeping you as his FB 'friend' matter one way or the other?

10Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fabians Right Peg wrote:...it's almost as though people want to stand at your front window and peer into your house but not bloody knock on the door and come in for a chat.

You've just described all the lurkers who regularly visit us here on NUTS and don't post a bloody thing.

Rolling Eyes

11Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair, if you peer into someone's window you get to see the real them, but if you knock on the door and ask to come in you are met with a wall of fake smiles.

I only bought a dog so I could stop outside people's houses and nosey in the window without looking weird.

12Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But that's the thing Nat. I perused my friends FB when he was fannying around on his and its full of shit from his friends like the big I am, gloating and all other shite to make them look better than everyone else.

All false and pathetic.

13Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're right, Facebook is just a vehicle for people to show off.

Look at me on holiday, look at my body, look at my tattoo, look at my bank balance, look at my 14 inch knob, look at me, look at me, look at me!!!

Hate that stuff, absolutely hate it.

14Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry Nat. I'll take the pictures down.

The 14 inch knob isn't that great anyway. I have to tuck it into my sock.

15Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

You tuck your 14 inch knob into your sock? 

Jesus Bonce, how small are you? I never had you down as a dwarf.

16Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

17Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 21:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
doffcocker wrote:It's rare that I actually write something on Facebook - maybe one status a month on average
There in lies the problem, why friend someone then not bother to interact, I deleted a load of people because of that.

Because it's just supposed to be a bit of fun. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't necessarily wanna know everything there is to know about any one person - their shoe size, their favourite songs, which hand they wipe their bum with - it's just nice to get a brief idea of where they're up to with their life every so often.

I can't believe how much pride some people take in their Facebook account. It's like they have to live in this little bubble where only a select few people are allowed to see what's going on. In a way it's just as arrogant as the people that choose to broadcast every little thing to all and sundry.

I mean, supposing you've got somebody on there who doesn't talk to you an awful lot - doesn't give you an hourly update on what they're doing, doesn't post pictures of their self daily - what do you suppose they're going to do if you don't delete them? Kill you? I just don't see the consequence.

18Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 22:13

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's all a bit ironic to me that we have social media that in the main makes people anti social and ever increasingly sophisticated communication devices killing the art of communication

19Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Tue Sep 06 2016, 22:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:You tuck your 14 inch knob into your sock? 

Jesus Bonce, how small are you? I never had you down as a dwarf.
I'm 5' 10", but I have very short legs. 

I can't reach the pedals on my bicycle,which probably explains a lot.

Mind you,I can pick up fag ends without bending down.

Swings and roundabouts old boy. Very Happy

20Social media treachery Empty Re: Social media treachery Wed Sep 07 2016, 04:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I had this person as a friend on Facebook before he mysteriously deleted me a few months back.
Anyway, I chose not to bring it up, I just got on with pretending I had some respect left for him - chatting, reminiscing etc. as though nothing had ever happened.
But here's the thing that got me. He told me that he thought I was a cracking lad - decent, loyal, honest, all the rest of it - somebody he'd trust over any of his own family. Yes, somebody actually said these things to me.

You should've pulled him up about it pal, or sarcastically said ' we could be friends again on Facebook ' obviously he's a worm - and would sleep with your Mrs if he had the chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum