Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 48]

211NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 08:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i went to bed at half time and thought that the Falcons would walk it, how wrong i was!

212NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 11:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had the Falcons winning by 15+,and went to bed confident they would see it through.

I awoke to deep disappointment.

213NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 12:57

I watched from start to finish and after hearing all the hype about brady for the first 35 minutes he looked completely useless.  Not helped by his runners who also couldnt of caught a cold swimming naked in the arctic.

Apart from white who had a great game from start to finish.

Then the last 10 minutes of the 3rd until the winning TD in overtime Brady was immense.

Falcons where very unlucky and if they had gone for the field goal when in range in the 3rd it would of killed the game off.

As for Edelmans catch........no words.

214NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 15:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still a lot of blokes at work don't rate NFL. I've given up trying to win them over.

I live in a Rugby League town,so I suppose I'm spitting into the wind.

215NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my son absolutely loves it and is well clued up on all the teams and players. I'm getting back into it now but he knows far more than i do  Very Happy

Can't wait for the Wembley game now, hopefully one year the Steelers will come over

216NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a game! What a comeback! Unbelievable that Brady dragged his team back into after going 25 points down. 
First half I didn't recognise the Patriots as the team that has played so well in the regular season and that was down to the brilliance of the Falcons - defence as well as their amazing attack. Pats couldn't catch a cold and they really missed Rob Gronowski.
Final quarter was like watching a different game and it was only when the Pats dispensed with the huddle and made the 4th and 3 that it looked like they had any kind of chance. That and Edelman's incredible catch were the key moments for me. Still in awe of Alex Mack playing the whole game with a broken leg.
One of the best Superbowls I've ever seen and I've been watching them for the best part of 50 years. Superb.

217NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i recorded it so will watch the whole second half tonight, still can't believe the Patriots did it, they looked dead and buried at 21-3 at half time

218NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 16:40

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I awoke this morning to hear it being widely described as "one of, if not THE best Superbowl(s) ever."

I've watched some proper stinkers over the last 33 years, so imagine my delight at hearing that after missing it for the first time since 1984.....

Bollocks....

219NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 06 2017, 16:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump left the game party when they were 28-3 down.
NFL's back again. - Page 12 3CE20ADF00000578-4193838-image-a-170_1486365324121

220NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 07 2017, 00:30

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What an unbelievable match. Planned to go to bed at half time and watch the rest tomorrow.I only ended up staying up because I was pissed and enjoying a bottle of Polish Buffalo Bison vodka. Glad I didn't now. (Although I felt bloody dreadful this morning). Is it just me or does anyone else feel it was a bit unfair on the Falcons that they didn't get a chance to try and score a touchdown of their own in overtime. The Patriots got possession on the toss of a coin only so surely The Falcons should have had one drive to see if they could score a touchdown.

221NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 07 2017, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote: Is it just me or does anyone else feel it was a bit unfair on the Falcons that they didn't get a chance to try and score a touchdown of their own in overtime. The Patriots got possession on the toss of a coin only so surely The Falcons should have had one drive to see if they could score a touchdown.
I did but them's the rules. I even thought the winning touchdown was questionable as his knee looked down before he crossed the line. That said, the Pats had some bad decisions earlier in the game and at a time when everything was going wrong for them. Falcons understandably frustrated and losing a 25 point lead in the most important game of their lives will live with them forever.
Definitely some luck in the Pats win but I guess if you've been totally demolished and are trailing by 25 in the third with no sign of improvement you'll need a fair bit of luck to pull a result like this out of the bag.

222NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just seen that the San Diego Chargers are moving to LA, bit of a shame as the chargers were my second team back when i first started watching American Football in the 80's. Can LA cope with having 2 teams?

223NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:24

Ive just downloaded madden 17 (was 15 quid on ps4 over superbowl weekend)

Highly addictive and building my ultimate team atm.

Smile

224NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's my Sons favourite game at the moment, he beats me most of the time  Very Happy

You'll have to pick a team ready for next season Johnny

225NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:just seen that the San Diego Chargers are moving to LA, bit of a shame as the chargers were my second team back when i first started watching American Football in the 80's. Can LA cope with having 2 teams?

Didn't they have two teams before - the Raiders and the Rams.

Also won't it only be for a short while anyway as the Raiders are going to Vegas?

226NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 11:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Raiders are in Oakland now,didn't know they were planning a move to Las Vegas,just read it's in doubt. The Rams went back to LA last season from St Loius.

Imagine if they tried all these moves here with our football teams? There was a big enough fuss when the whole Wimbledon and MK Dons happened

227NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 11:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When are Bolton moving to Warrington?

228NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 09 2017, 11:57

Norpig wrote:That's my Sons favourite game at the moment, he beats me most of the time  Very Happy

You'll have to pick a team ready for next season Johnny
Ive got one.  Had one a couple of years.

The lions......mainly because my favourite things are from detroit......

Mustangs
Kiss
Eminem

229NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Sep 10 2017, 11:39

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

cheers  Go pack Go, first game at the seahawks so tough start. will be in US this Christmas so hoping to get to a game.

Anyone else following their teams this year?

230NFL's back again. - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Sep 10 2017, 12:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still a big Steelers fan and my lad is a Giants fan. Going to Wembley in a couple of weeks to see the Jaguars vs Ravens, can't wait  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum