Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 48]

881NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 10 2022, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:What a game! A perfect example on why i love NFL, 2 teams just going for it and not backing down.
I still think Herbert will be one of the very best QB's for the next 10 years, the amount of times he got them out of trouble on 4th down was amazing.
All I have to say to you is "2 seconds" mate Smile

882NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 11 2022, 08:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see the coach sackings has started already in the NFL, most of them i can understand but not Flores at the Dolphins. He has turned them around in the last 2 seasons and deserved to stay in my opinion.

883NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 11 2022, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I see the coach sackings has started already in the NFL, most of them i can understand but not Flores at the Dolphins. He has turned them around in the last 2 seasons and deserved to stay in my opinion.
Flores delivered a winning season (9 -8 ) however that record wasn't as good as 2020 (10-6)
2019 was the last losing season (5-11) so I guess after last year, expectations were high?

884NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 16 2022, 01:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done the Bengals - first playoff win for 31 years apparently!

Bills v Pats underway and already the Bills look like they have the measure of the Pats although it's still early doors.

885NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 16 2022, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bills absolutely pumped the Pats last night and on that form have to be one of the favourites to reach the SB. Superb performance.

886NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 16 2022, 23:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Three big games tonight.

Bucs have already put the Eagles away - as expected.

49ers bullying the Cowboys so far - not expected.

And the big game starts at 1.15 - Chiefs v Steelers - anything could happen.

887NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 00:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Well done the Bengals - first playoff win for 31 years apparently!

Bills v Pats underway and already the Bills look like they have the measure of the Pats although it's still early doors.

I only chose the Bengals because of their shocking history and being bad for so long. This is new territory for me

888NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 00:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cowboys making a comeback - just 6 pts in it now - and turning the screw but 49ers somehow keeping their drive going with 3 mins on the clock. Do they go for a 4th and 1? Yes.
And penalised for delaying the game so a 4th and 6  And another false start so 4th and 11. Had to punt.
It's all going to come down to one drive.

And the 49ers stop Prescott's drive!

So many penalties - Cowboys have had 14 so far but they're still fighting.

Review - there's a centimetre in it - I think the 49ers are short of a first down despite onfield decision.
It's short.
40 seconds on the clock. Cowboys need a TD. 49ers 4th and inches on the 50.

QB sneak fails but a false start by 49ers so they punt.

Cowboys have 32 seconds from their own 20.
Wow 20 yds first play.
Up to the 50. 18 secs
Up to 49ers 40 14 secs

Hail Mary country

...Prescott runs it and can't restart to call the time out as the law says the ref has to touch the ball before they restart.

49ers win but what an ending!

Controversial"!!

889NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 01:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

I only chose the Bengals because of their shocking history and being bad for so long. This is new territory for me
They ain't bad this year. 10 and 7 regular season and then beat the Raiders. You never know....

890NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 01:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here we go. Can't stay up for this but will watch a bit.
Will Big Ben get another day in the sun or will the Chiefs finally get it all together?
Steelers to receive...

3 and out - punting - Chiefs return to the 40, get nowhere and punt. Steelers punt - it's like chess with neither team working out the other which I think will suit the Steelers.
I'll watch the first quarter.

So far, Chiefs are working the Steelers defence more but they're standing up well. Big Ben needs to make something happen but he's been sacked.
Punt returned 49yds.
But then Mahomes tipped by TJ Watt and picked!
Defences on top but BB finally gets a first down. Punting again,

Steelers have to be happy with this - they've stopped the Q1 top scorers so far - Mahomes is going to try again - but great defence from the Steelers - they have Kelce and Hill tied up and are pressurising Mahomes.

End of Q1 no score and I'm off to bed.

If the Steelers can keep this up they have a really good chance of winning a low scoring game.

891NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 03:33

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

…and then Mahomes woke up

892NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 10:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He did - the guys a genius but had to go behind to do it though. Steelers plan worked well in Q1 but they had 4 possessions for a total of 12 yards! - a defensive masterclass from both teams. Had to go to bed at that point as I was nodding off Smile Loved the underarm pass for the first.
But fair play to the Steelers - they had a real go at it and if they can find a decent QB will be a force next season.

893NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 17 2022, 10:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And that sets up Chiefs v Bills !

894NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 18 2022, 21:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rams dominated the Cardinals so now the lines are drawn.

Henry will make his comeback from the broken foot to play against the Bengals but I'm hoping your boys will cause an upset Fin Smile

895NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Jan 19 2022, 08:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:And that sets up Chiefs v Bills !
That should be some game! It could go either way but i think the Bills will win a close game.

I can see the Rams beating the Bucs as well.

896NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Jan 19 2022, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
That should be some game! It could go either way but i think the Bills will win a close game.

I can see the Rams beating the Bucs as well.
It's kinda assumed that the Titans - with Henry back - will walk through the Bengals especially as much of their D line is injured but the Titans weakness is defending against the passing game and Burrows and Chase are a hot combo so they do have a shot, albeit slim. Neither QB gets the protection they need though, but Titans have their running game which eliminates the problem and should see them through.

How the 49ers got through I'll never know (even with the Cowboys imploding through lack of discipline and conceding 14 penalties) and it was the most bizarre game ending I've seen but... their RB Mitchell is supplemented by all-rounder Deebo so their running game is strong - and defending that is the Packers' weakness. Can't see it being anywhere near good enough to beat the team with Aaron Rodgers in it.
Plus Garropolo can't pass long so dumping it off or passing short may spare him from getting sacked all night by Mercilus etc but surely the Packers will stroll it?

Rams v Bucs? Another clash of styles and strengths so could go either way I reckon.

As for Chiefs v Bills I reckon it depends on which Chiefs turn up because we all know they have another gear that hasn't been seen so much this year. Problem is they always start slowly and could be way behind before they wake up and the Bills are just the kind of team to take full advantage.

897NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 23 2022, 02:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a win for the Bengals!

Just watched the game and they did a superb job stopping the Titans, Burrows threw over 300 yards and the rookie kicker won it with a 52 yarder with 3 seconds on the clock.

Superb.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Jan 23 2022, 10:37; edited 1 time in total

898NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 23 2022, 10:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh my giddy aunt!

49ers see off the Packers - also with a last gasp field goal:

899NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 23 2022, 16:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 surprises so far, especially the 49ers winning at Lambeau field in the freezing cold!

900NFL's back again. - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 23 2022, 23:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a comeback from the GOAT! 27 -3 down and it looks like the Bucs have levelled at 27 - 27 with seconds left on the clock.

Rams have been sacking Brady all night but he managed to pull it back.

Rams move it down quickly with a superb throw from Stafford - and  looks like they'll nick it with a FG.

And they do! Rams win!

Another great playoff finish.

Bills v Chiefs to come cheers

What a weekend of NFL!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum