Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers' new boys 'still need time to settle in'

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Parkin believes Wanderers are still having to bed in the raft of signings made at the start of the season.

Phil Parkinson added 12 new faces to his squad in the summer window, five of whom arrived on the final day to cover for serious injuries to the likes of Darren Pratley and Mark Davies.

The Whites are now six games without a win and the experienced assistant manager has put that, in part, down to fresh faces like Keshi Anderson, James Henry and Sammy Ameobi still finding their feet at the Macron.

“We’re disappointed the result has got away from us a few times in the last couple of weeks and we’d like it to be better but I still think one defeat out of the first nine games is acceptable.

“I think we need people to stay patient, if they can, because it’s still very early days with this group yet.

“They also shouldn’t forget we’ve had some real key injuries – players like Mark Davies and Darren Pratley – and they take a bit of getting over.

“On the horizon, I’d like to think the players we’ve brought in can find their feet in the coming weeks.

“We said when we came in that we wanted to brush away whatever had happened in the past and make sure this season was a successful one. We’re striving to be successful and their attitude has been great.”

Another summer signing, Jamie Proctor, has had little luck in front of goal since joining Wanderers from Bradford, finding the net just once, in a League Cup game at Blackpool.

Parkin has no concerns with the striker, who has nevertheless won over fans at his new club with his workrate on the pitch.

“He might be a little frustrated because every time he gets a decent chance, the keeper seems to make a good save, or the shot he puts in ends up inches away.

“Against Walsall he couldn’t have done anything else, really, it was a spectacular save. But he’s like everyone else, you keep your head up and keep plugging away.

“You don’t let your head go down, you roll up your sleeves, and that’s what Proccy will do.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parkin wrote:Parkin has no concerns with the striker, who has nevertheless won over fans at his new club with his workrate on the pitch.

Making stuff up again. He's a couple of shit games away from being the new favourite of the boo-boys.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I always wonder why when there is a new manager that a miracle happens and the players start winning as if by a miracle, after the last manager couldnt get them playing, and then after a month or so they start drawing and then back to losing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum