Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southgate

+7
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
whatsgoingon
doffcocker
karlypants
sunlight
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Southgate Empty Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:21

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Didnt he miss that penalty?

2Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evil or Very Mad

3Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:44

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What?

4Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:What?
I still Have nightmares from when he missed that penalty.

5Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:48

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hehe, me too. I saw his face on the telly just then and I thought it was him. I think he`s grown a beard so we wont recognise.

6Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:50

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That pitch England are playing on looks a bit patchy, I was thinking the groundsman might want to put some potash on it after the last cut this year.
Lordy, Joe Harts back, will he make any unforced errors this game? ( I try not to be cynical )

7Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Southgate absolutely oozes that pointless, useless, boring, misery England manager vibe.

How anybody could possibly think anything might actually change under him is beyond me. If anything, it's likely to get worse considering he took over from McClaren (worst ever England manager perhaps) at Middlesbrough and actually took them backwards.

8Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has he put himself forward for he job on a permanent basis?

9Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 19:58

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:Southgate absolutely oozes that pointless, useless, boring, misery England manager vibe.

How anybody could possibly think anything might actually change under him is beyond me. If anything, it's likely to get worse considering he took over from McClaren (worst ever England manager perhaps) at Middlesbrough and actually took them backwards.

I agree with you entirely. He is another `yes man`. Jobs for the boys club again.
Slovenia just hit the post Razz

10Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 20:03

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Has he put himself forward for he job on a permanent basis?
I would imagine he thinks he has it.

These opponent teams, they all know that Joe Hart hasnt got the goalkeepers instinct and they go for it. His errors are particularly bad under pressure,in the finals,  when they get through from these qualifiers.

11Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Tue Oct 11 2016, 20:43

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When you were saying about has Southgate put in for the job, I have been thinking about that and am wondering if he`s on a probation period after Allardyce Very Happy . I bet they put them on Probation, secret or not, for 4 weeks minimum now and probably tag them. Southgate has probably got a tag on his leg and is under 11pm to 7 am curfew.

12Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 08:58

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Usually after an England 0-0 you talk about us being unable to break teams down but you have to say in this case we were lucky to come away with a point.
Joe Hart was sensational and back to his very best and there were a couple of bright points the brightest being Townsend when he came on, others being both Full backs
The worst performers on the night IMO were Henderson who I think found a red shirt once all night and that was someone in the crowd, Stones looked like an absolute liability and I've always given Sturridge the benefit of the doubt because of his past with us but he's shit and fucks everything up with his greediness and bad decision making.
Southgate has done the impossible, he's made me want Hodgeson back.

13Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 09:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

They should never have sacked Allardyce.

14Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 10:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Usually after an England 0-0 you talk about us being unable to break teams down but you have to say in this case we were lucky to come away with a point.
Joe Hart was sensational and back to his very best and there were a couple of bright points the brightest being Townsend when he came on, others being both Full backs
The worst performers on the night IMO were Henderson who I think found a red shirt once all night and that was someone in the crowd, Stones looked like an absolute liability and I've always given Sturridge the benefit of the doubt because of his past with us but he's shit and fucks everything up with his greediness and bad decision making.
Southgate has done the impossible, he's made me want Hodgeson back.
 I agree with all that apart from wanting Hodgson back  Very Happy

Hart kept us in the game and that one particular save when he saved with one hand and then used the other to palm away was world class.

I'm not sure it would matter who manages England these days, as i'm fond of saying, you can't polish a turd and we have a lot of turds in the team at the moment

15Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem with England managers is they always pick players based on who they play for, and not who is currently in form.

Drinkwater and Vardy have been in form for well over a year now - if they'd played every game for England over the past 12 months do you think we'd be as shit? If Drinkwater played for Liverpool and Henderson was a Leicester player who do you think would have been captain last night?

Also, Walcott keeps getting picked despite proving time and time again he can't cut it at international level.

And, I'm afraid to say, Cahill is a fucking liability. I've never really rated him, even at Bolton he got away with a lot because he was alongside Zat Knight who was always the scapegoat.

16Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 12:17

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree on Drinkwater who deserves picking ahead of Henderson all day, the ironic bit (and you're right in what you say about who they play for) is that Drinkwater has a current PL Champions medal in his possession. 

I'm not as convinced by Vardy, be benefits from the way Leicester play and I don't think he will be as effective for England.
Last night Stones made Cahill look like Beckenbaur and many of their chances came from his mistakes.

I really rate Townsend and was gutted he didn't go to France, he did more in his first 2 minutes on the pitch than Walcott had all night.

I can't think of a manager at the moment who would give me confidence (cheers Sam you bent greedy bastard) but out of what's about I would go for Hoddle for another try.

17Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 12:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd have Redknapp all day long.

18Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 13:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I'd have Redknapp all day long.
I reckon he's as bent as a nine bob note.

If The Telegraph are looking into iffy managers,he must be at the top of the list.

No wonder he loved deadline day.

19Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 13:10

Natasha Whittam wrote:The problem with England managers is they always pick players based on who they play for, and not who is currently in form.

Drinkwater and Vardy have been in form for well over a year now - if they'd played every game for England over the past 12 months do you think we'd be as shit? If Drinkwater played for Liverpool and Henderson was a Leicester player who do you think would have been captain last night?

Also, Walcott keeps getting picked despite proving time and time again he can't cut it at international level.

And, I'm afraid to say, Cahill is a fucking liability. I've never really rated him, even at Bolton he got away with a lot because he was alongside Zat Knight who was always the scapegoat.

Agree that players should be picked on form rather than their status, but Walcott has been in excellent form so far this season so on that basis his inclusion fits your brief.

Southgate isn't up to being England manager for me, he's never inspired any confidence so why give him the big job? Playing both Dier and Henderson stunk, totally unnecessary, we need to play with confidence in qualifying safe in the knowledge we could lose a game like this and still easily top the group. 

Sterling and Kane are two big misses, but we need to go gung ho in these games, they were more up for it with their high pressing and we clearly weren't expecting that. The only time I can remember England playing with real tempo was away in Germany last year, whoever is appointed needs to instil that into the players.

20Southgate Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 13:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Agree that players should be picked on form rather than their status, but Walcott has been in excellent form so far this season so on that basis his inclusion fits your brief.

Walcott is the exception because he's played 45 times for England and never done anything consistently. Sometimes you just have to accept some players will never make it on the international scene no matter how well they play in the PL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum