Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit - A new twist!

+20
boltonbonce
wessy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Chairmanda
okocha
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
karlypants
NickFazer
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
gloswhite
Bread2.0
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

31Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Just to clarify one point: when I referred to "crayon munching brexiteers" I did not mean to imply that all those who voted for Brexit were crayon munchers. Unfortunately this was an attempted humourous reference to Bread's previous use of the term. Nevertheless it has to be said that some people who voted for Brexit are certifiable morons.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Too late, you've already aligned yourself with the tosspot twins. Enjoy.

32Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is a tosspot twin worse than a bumchum?

Just so I know how offended to be.

Cheers in advance.

33Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What does it matter, you're in both groups.

34Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tosspot? Ffs can you call me something I've not been labelled before?

35Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:42

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:With almost any major decision in history comes heartache, the good times don't come easily. It might be a huge disaster, it might be the best thing we ever did....the truth is no one knows, especially the three wankers above.

Should events swing in your favour, what are you most looking forward to post Brexit?

36Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:42

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What this actually means is that democracy in this country is alive and kicking and is something we should all be proud of, which ever way you voted in the referendum. Brussels's should take note. I voted to Leave but was not happy for Article 50 to be triggered without Parliamentary scrutiny, it was an act of Parliament that took us in and so it is correct that one should take us out. 

Soul Kitchen asked what Besides wanted / expected, I have proclaimed my position on that previously in the Economy Watch Thread but in brief these are some of the reasons I voted Leave.

1 EU Ever closer Union Despite being favour or co-operating on matters of trade  / security / research etc I disagree with the creation of a supranational state, it is in my view unworkable especially when it's membership is of 28 nations with diverse cultures / economies and aspirations. You can have cooperation without all the beaurocracy and institutions of a nation state. It may be that even the commission would now accept that this aim of complete political and economic integration is now dead.

2 The Euro. Imposing a common currency across 19 diverse economies has not worked well. Time will tell but the currency union has been a drag on the economies of the EU and especially those in the Eurozone. Not having a flexible currency has been a drag on economic performance before 2008 and has greatly hindered Eurozone recovery especially since. Without greater integration in to one centralised state with tax raising and spending powers the Euro as a currency is flawed.

3 Schengen A nice idea in a safe peaceful world but not in this one.

4 Democracy. That word again, when power is concentrated with a small group that is unelected and largely unaccountable then it will be abused. The EU Commission is both of these and is where the real power is concentrated.

5 Prosperity of its Citizens. The EU has failed to increase prosperity among the general population of the EU, unless you are already wealthy that is. Standards of living have remained static at best and growth is strangled by an overbearing beaurocracy aided and abetted by a failing currency union. Years of little to no growth, high unemployment especially among the young and austerity measures imposed while the ECB throws billions at propping up the Euro.

In my view the EU is no longer fit for purpose and lost direction and purpose especially since it expanded its membership from a manageable 9 to 27, pissed off the Russians, condemned Greece to generations of austerity without any hope of recovery until the debts are written off and failed to come up with any measures to cope with a migrant invasion except opening the doors.

So, those are my views. I would be interested to hear how those in favour of remaining in see how the EU intends to resolve some of these issues.

But for now pass me another crayon

37Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Should events swing in your favour, what are you most looking forward to post Brexit?

Being able to say "I told you so".

38Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:But for now pass me another crayon

Made me chuckle that did.

39Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not explaining the crayon thing again.

If you don't get it by now, you can all fuck off....

40Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Nick and Nat. I think, in all fairness, Nick's response is far more balanced than the childish digs from the the aptly named Remoaners.

41Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I'm with Nick and Nat. I think, in all fairness, Nick's response is far more balanced than the childish digs from the the aptly named Remoaners.
:clap:

42Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:30

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Should events swing in your favour, what are you most looking forward to post Brexit?

Being able to say "I told you so".

Being serious for a moment though. What are you most excited about?

43Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:47

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At the end of the day we live in a democracy or something approaching one at least, we should be having these debates, in the open, even if from the outside we sometimes look like we are completely clueless and making it up as we go along, its the sign of a healthy society. The point I am trying to make is that when all the emotion is taken out of it and the pros and cons are weighed a sensible conclusion will in all probability be reached. The UK has always had a different view the EU and it's aims and ideals because we are an island and we haven't been comfortable with the federalist and protectionist tendencies of the some of the continental countries either and they aren't comfortable with our free market ideals but we agree on more than we disagree and we still need to trade and cooperate together. CETA has set a precedent in some ways so a deal not involving free movement has been agreed with a nation outside of the EU so the government needs to set out a strategy and put it before Parliament in the proper way and then we can all get on with it.

44Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:52

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I'm with Nick and Nat. I think, in all fairness, Nick's response is far more balanced than the childish digs from the the aptly named Remoaners.

I sometimes think you'd clap at anything.

If you saw a cat doing a massive poo and you found it impressive, would you give it a round of applause?

45Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I sometimes think you'd clap at anything.

If you saw a cat doing a massive poo and you found it impressive, would you give it a round of applause?
Stop throwing your toys out of the pram mate as it doesn't suit you (especially at your age). Very Happy

46Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:59

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We don't have schengen, we don't have Euros and the Greeks can't buy Porsche cars with olive oil, despite their efforts to do so.
So what's remaining?
We'll all become more prosperous outside the EU?  Straight bananas taste no different to bent ones, so all that remains is EU is not fit for purpose , which I agree on. 
Better to sit on the outside then and pay the price of not having a say?
I've changed my mind, you've convinced me, who needs petrol and foreign currency anyway?

47Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 22:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Engratiating is the new word for brown nosing apparently? Can't really say I'm fond of either.

48Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 22:43

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen wrote:We don't have schengen, we don't have Euros and the Greeks can't buy Porsche cars with olive oil, despite their efforts to do so.
So what's remaining?
We'll all become more prosperous outside the EU?  Straight bananas taste no different to bent ones, so all that remains is EU is not fit for purpose , which I agree on. 
Better to sit on the outside then and pay the price of not having a say?
I've changed my mind, you've convinced me, who needs petrol and foreign currency anyway?
I wouldn't expect to change anyone's mind, I was expressing a view. We are affected by the Euro and by Schengen indirectly even if we aren't signed up to them, the UK's economy would be better off with a healthier Eurozone economic performance and there would be less of an issue for security and intelligence services if there were was greater border control. OK the Greeks, we aren't party to the bailout programme but who are they trying to kid? Why throw good money after bad, the first loss is always the best one is what I have often seen working in industry, trying to muddle through or fudge an issue only makes it worse and more expensive. Does anybody on here think that the debt will not have to be written down or substantially cut eventually? The ECB or the Commission or the IMF or whoever should have managed Greece's exit from the Euro back in 2009 or 2010, instead they will probably be having another bailout in 2018, ridiculous. 

Yes we have a say, 1/28 th of one for the most part and will we all be more prosperous outside? I don't know and neither does anyone else but on balance I would rather have more control over policy and strategic decisions than we do currently.

Last edited by NickFazer on Thu Nov 03 2016, 22:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Predictive text bolloxs)

49Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

NickFazer wrote:What this actually means is that democracy in this country is alive and kicking and is something we should all be proud of, which ever way you voted in the referendum. Brussels's should take note. I voted to Leave but was not happy for Article 50 to be triggered without Parliamentary scrutiny, it was an act of Parliament that took us in and so it is correct that one should take us out. 

Soul Kitchen asked what Besides wanted / expected, I have proclaimed my position on that previously in the Economy Watch Thread but in brief these are some of the reasons I voted Leave.

1 EU Ever closer Union Despite being favour or co-operating on matters of trade  / security / research etc I disagree with the creation of a supranational state, it is in my view unworkable especially when it's membership is of 28 nations with diverse cultures / economies and aspirations. You can have cooperation without all the beaurocracy and institutions of a nation state. It may be that even the commission would now accept that this aim of complete political and economic integration is now dead.

2 The Euro. Imposing a common currency across 19 diverse economies has not worked well. Time will tell but the currency union has been a drag on the economies of the EU and especially those in the Eurozone. Not having a flexible currency has been a drag on economic performance before 2008 and has greatly hindered Eurozone recovery especially since. Without greater integration in to one centralised state with tax raising and spending powers the Euro as a currency is flawed.

3 Schengen A nice idea in a safe peaceful world but not in this one.

4 Democracy. That word again, when power is concentrated with a small group that is unelected and largely unaccountable then it will be abused. The EU Commission is both of these and is where the real power is concentrated.

5 Prosperity of its Citizens. The EU has failed to increase prosperity among the general population of the EU, unless you are already wealthy that is. Standards of living have remained static at best and growth is strangled by an overbearing beaurocracy aided and abetted by a failing currency union. Years of little to no growth, high unemployment especially among the young and austerity measures imposed while the ECB throws billions at propping up the Euro.

In my view the EU is no longer fit for purpose and lost direction and purpose especially since it expanded its membership from a manageable 9 to 27, pissed off the Russians, condemned Greece to generations of austerity without any hope of recovery until the debts are written off and failed to come up with any measures to cope with a migrant invasion except opening the doors.

So, those are my views. I would be interested to hear how those in favour of remaining in see how the EU intends to resolve some of these issues.

But for now pass me another crayon

Thanks for actually answering SK's question Nick. Personally I would like to see a second referendum after the terms have been negotiated with the EU. Then people can actually see what Brexit means.

Taking points 4 and 5 you make I don't see how leaving the EU is going to improve either. We live in a country where "power is concentrated with a small group that is [largely] unelected and largely unaccountable" and where only the rich have been getting richer. The Tories are the party that represent these interests and they won't be doing anything to improve the welfare of the majority of the population because they simply don't care.

Remember just because something is shit it does not mean the alternative is not even shitter.

50Brexit - A new twist! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Fri Nov 04 2016, 09:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM, in all honestly, and a genuine question, how would Labour manage the current situation, (if they had a united party) ?. As for looking after everyone, they are renowned for giving everything away, especially peoples money, in an attempt to make everyone 'vanilla'. We can't all be the same, and at least the Tory lot will be generating money, (although I do agree they need to be made to release more).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum