Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hamilton v Bolton

+14
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
chipbutty
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
Culcheth_White
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LH, I was not having a go at you or anyone else on this post. I was simply expressing my opinion on where I stand with our current manager. Whatever other posters say or think doesn't really matter to me. I read, I digest, I take on board their comments and then I respond with my own.

My feeling towards Coyle are neutral at the moment but if we get off to a bad start then I reckon they might change. Watch this space.

82Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:10

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Nice post Trot.

I have occasionally criticised the manager, not because I'm into some kind of anti-Coyle gang, but because I want BWFC to do well.

I want Coyle to succeed, of course I do, but I have my doubts that he has the ability to take us back to where we should be. That's not being negative, just stating my thoughts.

83Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think anyone can accuse me of being a Coyle 'lover' - he's the worst manager we've ever had in my lifetime in my opinion (and that date backs to Bill Riddings time!).

We just want a forum where anyone can express their views freely and where most people will respect them even if they certainly do not agree with them.

84Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on Sluffy, what about Roy McFarland and Sammy Lee?

85Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I had Sammy Lee as the worst before Coyle came along.

You could make a case out for Jimmy Meadows or Jimmy McIllroy - long before your time - or even Lofthouse - but Coyle as proved conclusively to me that he simply as no football savvy and I've never, ever come across another manager with out it!

We should not have been relegated last season - just a few bog standard footballing tactics would have been enough to get us an extra point or two and Premier survival - but the numpty simply didn't have a clue!

86Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Sammy Lee was given a fair crack.

He had ideas above his station clearly but who knows if he had a bit more time.

87Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:17

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Whenever I see Owen Coyle, on the tele or his photo in the paper or where-ever, I get this feeling of 'Mr Nice Guy'. There is something not quite right and genuine about it all. I know it's totally irrational and without any logical reasoning behind it. It's just a feeling that comes across to me.

I have never met him but people who have tell me he is a most charming and sincere man and I certainly believe this to be true.

As I have said there is no reason at all for my having a strange feeling about him but I think he is 'All wind and piss'.

88Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

chipbutty, I met Coyle at Euxton about 2 months after he game to BWFC. You never know for sure whether someone is putting an act on or not, but he went out of his way to make me feel welcome, spent about 10 minutes outlining his plans for the club, about half an hour answering questions and then we had a right laugh posing for some wacky photos. What can I say, he was great.

89Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Where can we see some of these "wacky photos"? Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

90Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wouldn't post them on here, that would be 'over sharing'. There's one wacky one of OC pointing to where he signed my brother's coat with a big silly grin.

91Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Mon Jul 23 2012, 23:54

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sounds like fun...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

92Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Tue Jul 24 2012, 14:33

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I dont think coyle has an act to get together. I also think the time arrived for him to go last season when he took us down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum