Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump v May

+14
gloswhite
Norpig
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wessy
Bread2.0
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Lard Lad
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

121Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Tue May 30 2017, 22:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I was listening to a very astute young British Muslim on the radio yesterday who said that the primary and possibly only cause of radicalisation in the UK was British foreign policy and especially the invasions of Iraq and Afghanisatan and our role in Syria. I believe him.

If that was true why has France suffered more than us from Muslim terrorists, and why the Madrid train bombing?

Dunno. If he'd been with me instead of being on the radio I'd have asked him.
I heard a comment that most experts (whoever they are), subscribe to the view that our foreign policy has not helped us, but it isn't the absolute cause of the attacks.

That seems an accurate assessment to me.

122Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 31 2017, 13:55

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Trump's pulling the US out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Bad news for the environment then.

And in other news, US Secretary of State Rex Tilerson met with Saudi officials last week as part of the US diplomatic mission.

And in other, completely unrelated (honest!) news, as Tillerson was glad handing the Saudis in one room, his old company ExxonMobil did this in another one: 

https://www.desmogblog.com/2017/05/30/rex-tillerson-exxon-saudi-arabia-trump-visit-deal

These bastards make Bush Jr and his mates at Halliburton look like innocent children in comparison...

123Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 31 2017, 14:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly believe he(Trump) needs therapy.

He shows every sign of being disturbed. Really.

124Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 31 2017, 14:14

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He needs summat......

125Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed May 31 2017, 14:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:He needs summat......

Impeaching...

126Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Thu Jun 01 2017, 16:44

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm assuming that we're all now familiar with "covfefe".

And here is the proof that Spicer is readily prepared to trot out any old bullshit if his boss tells him to....

127Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

128Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Jun 02 2017, 21:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I cannot believe how he's managed to lose the office of President so much prestige and influence in such a short time.

129Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Jun 02 2017, 21:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T bf he was a comedic figure before he was elected so it's not as if anything has changed

130Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Fri Jun 02 2017, 22:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was hoping that once he'd taken office, there would be checks and balances, and he would at least accept the role of leading the West, Democracy, etc. in a sensible manner.  Instead, He's taken a very parochial view and in doing so, has damaged the American cause at many levels, never mind the effects his decision will have on so many others.

131Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Sun Jun 04 2017, 15:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump v May - Page 7 Bigshoestofill

132Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Sun Jun 04 2017, 19:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wouldn't go that far  Very Happy

133Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Sun Jun 04 2017, 20:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I wouldn't go that far  Very Happy
Fair enough Glos. Very Happy
Trump v May - Page 7 Giphy

134Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Sun Jun 04 2017, 21:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TAlking of trumping in public...

He now apparently accepts that humans play some part in climate change....... but still wants to pull out of the agreement.

Two faces.

135Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump blames Iran for sponsoring Isis. Isis attack Iran. How much more proof is needed that the us (and U.K.) either have no clue whatsoever what the issues are - or are deliberately misleading the general public?

136Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've got misleading the public down to a fine art. And a very dark art it is.

137Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Trump blames Iran for sponsoring Isis. Isis attack Iran. How much more proof is needed that the us (and U.K.) either have no clue whatsoever what the issues are - or are deliberately misleading the general public?

You sure you don't mean Qatar?

Qatar row: Trump claims credit for isolation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40175935

Iran has had its 'forces' IN Syria (and Iraq) fighting IS for nearly two years now.

Iran quietly deepens involvement in Syria's war

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34572756

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Meant to say Iraq and Syria.)

138Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:42

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No.

When he was bowing and scraping to the Saudis he categorically stated that Iran was the big threat.

There was no mention of Qatar until well after he got home. And even then, he didn't come out and say it himself, he just backed the Saudis when they did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-targets-iran-in-terrorism-speech/2017/05/21/9176b21e-3e37-11e7-b29f-f40ffced2ddb_video.html

139Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Americans seem unable to distinguish between the two main strands of Islamic belief so it is no surprise that an idiot like Trump is confused.

140Trump v May - Page 7 Empty Re: Trump v May Wed Jun 07 2017, 17:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:No.

When he was bowing and scraping to the Saudis he categorically stated that Iran was the big threat.

There was no mention of Qatar until well after he got home. And even then, he didn't come out and say it himself, he just backed the Saudis when they did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-targets-iran-in-terrorism-speech/2017/05/21/9176b21e-3e37-11e7-b29f-f40ffced2ddb_video.html

Yes he did but not in the way Lusty has stated above.

Iran is the leading Shia state and is in Syria helping to prop up the Assad regime and in Iraq fighting IS (who are Wahhabi Sunni Muslim's)

Iran also have been involved with pushing the Shia cause in both Lebanon and the Yemen.

Trump's speech was about Iran 'unsettling' these country's - and thus 'pushing' Shia influence.  He was not (and as far as I'm aware(?)) stating or even suggesting that Iran was funding IS - as stated above by Wanderlust - hence my query?

Saudi Arabia is the leading Sunni state and the country that Wahhabism sprung from.

Fingers have been pointed for sometime that Saudi Arabia and other Sunni country's (in particular Qatar) have been involved in the funding of IS.

Qatar has been prominently in the news the last week or so because other country's such as Saudi and UAE have enacted sanctions against them for continuing to sponsor 'extremists'.

Unless I've missed something in the last day or so I believe that Wanderlust has got his wires crossed.

...or made up some fake news himself perhaps!?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum