Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Live for today

+15
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
rammywhite
RustyNail
okocha
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
Norpig
wanderlust
Bread2.0
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
boltonbonce
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wow, just read all this and it made me stop and think how lucky I am. I have been extremely fortunate in my life to date and with the ones I love in comparison to most of my fellow nutters, however reading the stories above makes you realise how no one should take these things for granted, I will be holding the loved ones a little closer this weekend.

Thanks for sharing guys.

32Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:37 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

F*** me! What a train wreck we are!
But we're still here and I for one am determined to make the most of it. And despite the heart attack and despite being in my 60s I still enjoy kicking 20 year-olds off the five a side pitch Very Happy (my timings going a bit!) and scoring worldies. And if you make an effort to live, the world rewards you even if as in my case it's a bunch of kids stressing every time I get decked or slammed into a wall and then going for a pint afterwards. Stop and you're f****d.

The trick is to keep going and never get too cosy.

33Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 am

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think the trick is not to make any plans, have a whisky a day or two and just laugh at shit.

34Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:06 am

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bloody hell everybody. 
What a thread, thanks for starting it and thanks for everybody who contributed.

It really made me sit up and think how everyone has their own list of problems and that despite me feeling like things are mounting up on me sometimes I am very lucky and not enduring the same as some people are.

Keep up the positivity guys and all the best!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

35Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:44 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some awe-inspiring resolve shown in the above posts despite terrible misfortune, you Nutters. Wow!

For further inspiration on overcoming adversity, look at the example of fellow Boltonian, Sir Philip Craven, who broke his back whilst climbing when he was 14-ish. A life in a wheelchair but still managed to become the President of the International Paralympics Committee. 

Perhaps Boltonians are special!!

36Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Some awe-inspiring resolve shown in the above posts despite terrible misfortune, you Nutters. Wow!

For further inspiration on overcoming adversity, look at the example of fellow Boltonian, Sir Philip Craven, who broke his back whilst climbing when he was 14-ish. A life in a wheelchair but still managed to become the President of the International Paralympics Committee. 

Perhaps Boltonians are special!!
Phil was 16 when he had his accident rock-climbing, his grandparents lived close to me so I knew of him through them. 

When I came to be in the same boat so to speak,  he came to see me.  I am 2 years older than him. He lived in Farnworth, his parents had a florists.  I remember going to his house to see what adaptions he had had done, listening to music and playing cribbage with him.

It's hard to believe that was 50 years ago, that's scary.

He always had terrific drive.

37Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's not yet the end of Feb, and I think we have the thread of the year. I know I'm a girl, and therefore try to show less emotion in case I get called girly, but I have been genuinely and profoundly moved by the inputs to this thread, thanks all.

38Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:58 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How refreshing to read a thread totally devoid of abuse. I agree with all the sentiments echoed. None of us know what cards life is going to deal us. We are in essence, walking time bombs, and some of us will detonate earlier than others. We must take each day as it comes and find comfort in looking to the future rather than dwelling on what has happened before. 
By all means grieve, but leave a little space for yourself to take pleasure in things that make you happy.  If I had known I was going to live as long as I have, I would have taken better care of myself.

39Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:If I had known I was going to live as long as I have, I would have taken better care of myself.
Yes, if only RT!
But would you have given sex and drugs and rock and roll up for a longer life? Very Happy

40Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chairmanda wrote:It's not yet the end of Feb, and I think we have the thread of the year. I know I'm a girl, and therefore try to show less emotion in case I get called girly, but I have been genuinely and profoundly moved by the inputs to this thread, thanks all.
I much prefer girly to blokey, hence my avatar.

Lana Del Rey.

41Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:If I had known I was going to live as long as I have, I would have taken better care of myself.
Yes, if only RT!
But would you have given sex and drugs and rock and roll up for a longer life? Very Happy

That's the crux of "live for today".

Maybe we all have a specific amount of fuel and when it's gone it's gone?

42Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

like our cars Wander. When the tank is full you go hell for leather, and don't worry about it. When your low, you take it easy until you get to the garage.  Very Happy

43Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

People are like that washing machine that goes for twenty years without a fault, where as another is alway's going wrong or one that is knackered after five years. I had a sharp TV that lasted 23 years and an indisit washing machine that lasted 20 years . I had a sharp TV that only lasted 14 months and a washing machine that went wrong so many times they gave me a new one.

44Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:39 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lard Lad wrote:People are like that washing machine that goes for twenty years without a fault, where as another is alway's going wrong or one that is knackered after five years. I had a sharp TV that lasted 23 years and an indisit washing machine that lasted 20 years . I had a sharp TV that only lasted 14 months and a washing machine that went wrong so many times they gave me a new one.
To take that analogy I'd like to make a point about spare parts.

I've noticed that hospitals are getting a lot tighter with their budgets the older we get. My mate tore his bicep and it detached but they refused to operate on the grounds that he was too old. So now he has one massive 22 inch bicep and one that's wasting away - you can imagine the jokes.

And when I damaged my knee last month, they did X ray it but they were asking all sorts of questions about my lifestyle during the triage so I didn't let on that I am semi-retired in case it needs an operation. As it happens I reckon there's a bit of patella floating around as it caused my to pull up sharpish playing footie last week, and then was OK again after 5 minutes. I'm trying to work out how best to approach them to get it sorted but I'm already at a disadvantage as they can see my age on my records.

I'm getting the feeling that the criteria for medical treatment on the NHS have changed and that some trusts are operating policies that preclude older people from getting teatment.

45Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lard Lad wrote:People are like that washing machine that goes for twenty years without a fault, where as another is alway's going wrong or one that is knackered after five years. I had a sharp TV that lasted 23 years and an indisit washing machine that lasted 20 years . I had a sharp TV that only lasted 14 months and a washing machine that went wrong so many times they gave me a new one.

In 1978 my mother bought an Electra Chest Freezer. In 1988 she no longer needed it as most of the family had flown the nest so she gave it to me and I had it in my garage. I got rid of it just before last Xmas and it was still working perfectly well. That's 38 years and still going strong.

46Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

People do have feelings in here then? It makes me sad to read some posts in this thread, hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2017. Buddhists say that there is no such thing as the past, it doesnt exist, and the same with the futute. The only thing that exists is the present, NOW.

47Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

sunlight wrote:People do have feelings in here then? It makes me sad to read some posts in this thread, hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2017. Buddhists say that there is no such thing as the past, it doesnt exist, and the same with the futute. The only thing that exists is the present, NOW.

Bit like Snapchat, then?

48Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:20 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bread2.0 wrote:
sunlight wrote:People do have feelings in here then? It makes me sad to read some posts in this thread, hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2017. Buddhists say that there is no such thing as the past, it doesnt exist, and the same with the futute. The only thing that exists is the present, NOW.

Bit like Snapchat, then?
If I remember, you are one of the trolls on here who is nasty to people whom you dont know. It immediately seems to me that this hasnt been changed. You are one of the reasons that people dont come in here. Without people like you, this site would be popular.
I am a Buddhist and wouldnt harm a fly. There is a thing called Karma, and what happens is that anytime you hurt someone or upset them, or harm anything, then an equal force returns. It can be anytime, no one knows when, but so you give is how its returned.
See, Buddhism is the path to good fortune.

49Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:41 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:

Bit like Snapchat, then?
If I remember, you are one of the trolls on here who is nasty to people whom you dont know. It immediately seems to me that this hasnt been changed. You are one of the reasons that people dont come in here. Without people like you, this site would be popular.
I am a Buddhist and wouldnt harm a fly. There is a thing called Karma, and what happens is that anytime you hurt someone or upset them, or harm anything, then an equal force returns. It can be anytime, no one knows when, but so you give is how its returned.
See, Buddhism is the path to good fortune.
Sunlight - you may wish to contribute to the thread about religion wherein the difference between religion and spirituality is debated and someone living the Way could perhaps add a lot to our understanding of this issue.

I am particularly interested in why Buddhism is defined and universally accepted as being a religion and yet there is no element of worship or the trappings we associate with religion such as requiring "faith".

Surely Buddhism is a philosophy or approach to spiritual development rather than a religion? I'm not a Buddhist so your insight would be appreciated.

50Live for today - Page 3 Empty Re: Live for today Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaders you nasty troll you, be nice to the more sensitive amongst us  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum