Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust keeping low profile about taking people's £10's for renewed membership!

+6
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Norpig
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Funny how they can crow about getting constraints over someone else's property (getting an ACV over the ground owned by Anderson and Holdsworth) but don't make a dickie bird whatsoever on their website about sneakily taking people's £10's for renewed membership.

There is a mention on their twitter site but it is easy to miss it amongst their daily barrage of telling us which ex-player's birthday it is today - as though anybody actually gives a fig!

Yes they've put something on their Facebook site - but what if your not a Facebook user???

I expect they emailed all their members a reminder before they started taking their money though?

:bomb:

To remind people the ST said some months back that they waived renewal fees (clearly because they didn't want to be embarrassed by the fall in membership following their first abject year of being), then did a sort of U-turn by saying that you could still pay if you want to though!

It seems though that several disenchanted ST members have found that renewal as been done automatically from the bank details they gave them (remember how they were hacked quite easily a month or two back!) and are demanding this money is returned!

It is obviously up to each individual if they want to continue paying their £10 to the ST but from what comments have been made on their FB and twitter accounts, it does seem to look like they are in the minority by a long, long way, so far.

I had to laugh at the comment from ST Board Member Mike Smith replying to one of the commenters on the FB -

The trust can't cancel payment mandates, that has to be done by the member who set it up....plus a large majority of members have expressed a desire to carry on with their subscriptions...let me guess...you personally haven't inadvertently paid £10, but you thought you'd stick your 2 penneth worth in anyway..?

Good customer relations there then!

Very Happy

The ST's FB site here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You may want to check your bank accounts to see if money has been taken from you already.

Remember to cancel your payment mandate with your bank if you don't want to keep contributing to the ST as I'm sure they are counting on people not bothering because it might be a hassle to do so via your internet banking account.

If payment already has been taken, contact the ST for your refund.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe to you Bonce but not to those who have been on to the ST seeking their money back and an apology.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was bad form not to send out a reminder that the money was due,but 'smooth,well oiled machine',isn't a phrase that could be reasonably used in regard to the ST.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

'[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]We are aware that several members have been charged for another years membership. Statement and Apology' tweet from ST

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's at least £70! Where will it all end?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:It was bad form not to send out a reminder that the money was due,but 'smooth,well oiled machine',isn't a phrase that could be reasonably used in regard to the ST.

How can it not be when all those people sent out their CV's offering their time and skills to help the ST but the only ones who were picked seemed to be mates of the ST founders???

:bomb:

Even as recently as TWO WEEKS ago some bloke (John Cowburn) offered to help as he was a retired Wanderers fan with time to give.

They (the ST) never even bothered to reply to him!

See the ST Facebook link above and look under the comments in the item below the apology.

Rolling Eyes

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:That's at least £70! Where will it all end?

It's going to be a hell of a lot more than that when people notice the money has been taken from their accounts without them being aware of it!!!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They did in fact email me a reminder,but it was on the same day as my payment was taken. Still,I don't mind them having a tenner a year.
I do mind forking out for a Golden Gamble ticket. I'm determined to win on that bugger before I die.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i didn't set up a direct debit, i did by bank transfer so they don't have my bank details, i must have had a premonition last year that it would be a waste of money

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Home and away shirts now £14.99 with production of your ST membership card. Offer ends close of shop Saturday.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i didn't set up a direct debit, i did by bank transfer so they don't have my bank details
Isn't this the point?

Surely they could only take the money if the customer had set up a DD or SO and if the customer did that they must have expected to make further payments anyway, so only those who were expecting to renew - and those that had forgotten they'd made an arrangement - would have been charged n'est pas?

Who in their right mind would set up a DD for a one-off payment?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:i didn't set up a direct debit, i did by bank transfer so they don't have my bank details
Isn't this the point?

Surely they could only take the money if the customer had set up a DD or SO and if the customer did that they must have expected to make further payments anyway, so only those who were expecting to renew - and those that had forgotten they'd made an arrangement - would have been charged n'est pas?

Who in their right mind would set up a DD for a one-off payment?

The point is that it was the ST and not the individual who decided AFTER the DD, SO or PayPal were set up, to SCRAP the renewal charge.

Yes people could still VOLUNTARY pay but the ST should not be TAKING money under the CHANGED circumstances without the individuals say so.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had an email from PayPal saying the 'Bolton Wanderers Supporters Society'(?) have suspended my automatic payments.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think they have got themselves into a mess over this.

What they should have done imo, is when they said they would waive membership fees for this year, they should have sought positive feedback from those wishing to continue paying anyway and cancelling all the rest of the other members debit transactions - just like they've done with you today.

In that way they could only collect the monies 'pledged' to them for this year and no others.

I think someone took a bad decision to not do this in the hope that most people will forget about 'free' membership and not bother that a further £10 had been taken from them.

For an organisation with 'Trust' in their title this would obviously be the wrong thing to have done.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PayPal have informed me that my recurring payment to the ST has been reactivated.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just had an email from PayPal saying the 'Bolton Wanderers Supporters Society'(?) have suspended my automatic payments.
PayPal have informed me that my recurring payment to the ST has been reactivated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In out, in out, shake it all about. Sounds almost like it could be Wet Spam. 
They didn't take mine but I did mine by bank transfer so one up to me.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm so glad i didn't set up a direct debit now, they won't see another penny from me

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bollotom2014 wrote:Just had an email from PayPal saying the 'Bolton Wanderers Supporters Society'(?) have suspended my automatic payments.

Registered at 46 Broom Way, Westhoughton, BL5 3TZ.

Home of Ian James Bridge (Chair of the ST).

Also registered address of Quantum Environment Design Limited with Mr Bridge and his wife being the sole directors, which went into voluntary liquidation in March 2010, owing over £86,000 (after liquidation) to its creditors including Her Majesty's Revenue and customs.

See Filing history, Return of final meeting, 21st Dec, 2009 -

Also registered address of The Cryocentre Limited, with Mr Bridge and his wife being the only directors, which was compulsory struck off in Feb, 2010, just one month before Quantum Environment Design Limited was liquidated owing over £86,000.

Also registered address of Sappari Limited, with Mr Bridge and his wife being the only directors, which was compulsory liquidated on the 18th March, 2016 following a court order following a request from the creditor Her Majesty's Custom and excise.

See Insolvency, Compulsory Liquidation -

Also registered address of Bridge Consultancy Services Ltd with Mr Bridge and his wife being the sole directors, which is in the process of being wound up, with the Liquidators statement dated 24th November, 2016 stating that there are debts of nearly £200,000 and no assets available at present.

In the liquidators report states that there is an overdrawn Directors loan with a book value of £50,000 and it would seem by the last three annual Liquidator's statements that a sum of money is being met by the Director of £6,000 contributions per annum.

See Filing History - the last three Liquidators statement of receipts and payments

Also registered address of IJB (Design Services)Limited with Mr Bridge being the sole directors, which according to Companies House has accounts overdue (the last Annual Return being 19th Feb, 2016).

There is also a charge registered against the company in May 2016, for access to a loan of £100,000.

See Charges -

All the above information freely available to the general public at Companies House.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Jan 29 2019, 15:43; edited 1 time in total

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Just had an email from PayPal saying the 'Bolton Wanderers Supporters Society'(?) have suspended my automatic payments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In out, in out, shake it all about. Sounds almost like it could be Wet Spam. 
They didn't take mine but I did mine by bank transfer so one up to me.

Registered at 46 Broom Way, Westhoughton, BL5 3TZ.

Home of Ian James Bridge (Chair of the ST).

Also registered address of Quantum Environment Design Limited with Mr Bridge and his wife being the sole directors, which went into voluntary liquidation in March 2010, owing over £86,000 (after liquidation) to its creditors including Her Majesty's Revenue and customs.

See Filing history, Return of final meeting, 21st Dec, 2009 -

Also registered address of The Cryocentre Limited, with Mr Bridge and his wife being the only directors, which was compulsory struck off in Feb, 2010, just one month before Quantum Environment Design Limited was liquidated owing over £86,000.

Also registered address of Sappari Limited, with Mr Bridge and his wife being the only directors, which was compulsory liquidated on the 18th March, 2016 following a court order following a request from the creditor Her Majesty's Custom and excise.

See Insolvency, Compulsory Liquidation -

Also registered address of Bridge Consultancy Services Ltd with Mr Bridge and his wife being the sole directors, which is in the process of being wound up, with the Liquidators statement dated 24th November, 2016 stating that there are debts of nearly £200,000 and no assets available at present.

In the liquidators report states that there is an overdrawn Directors loan with a book value of £50,000 and it would seem by the last three annual Liquidator's statements that a sum of money is being met by the Director of £6,000 contributions per annum.

See Filing History - the last three Liquidators statement of receipts and payments

Also registered address of IJB (Design Services)Limited with Mr Bridge being the sole directors, which according to Companies House has accounts overdue (the last Annual Return being 19th Feb, 2016).

There is also a charge registered against the company in May 2016, for access to a loan of £100,000.

See Charges -

All the above information freely available to the general public at Companies House.

Game, Set and Match... Mr. Sluffy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum