Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already?

+11
Keegan
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already? Empty Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already? Fri Jul 27 2012, 10:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am.

I just want them to be over. I am sick of reading about nobodies who can swim a bit, or ride a push bike, or sail a boat, or do a forward roll on a mat. I can do all those but I don't create a competition to show my skills off to the world.

We are celebrating mediocrity. The minute the Olympics are over we will never hear of these people again. Good.

I almost had a seizure in Spar this morning when I bought my weekly Radio Times, not only had they increased the price by 60p to commemorate the Olympics, there was some sort of special TV pull-out showing you exactly how much time the BBC is dedicating to fucking double trap shooting, fencing, handball and all the other shit sports that no one cares about. I will be demanding a rebate on my TV licence.

The Uk has gone mad.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I saw a preview of the opening ceremony last night. The theme is budgies on bikes. I kid you not.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:I saw a preview of the opening ceremony last night. The theme is budgies on bikes. I kid you not.

I do believe you. But I won't be watching, it'll be two hours of total embarrassment, I already have BWFC for that.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes its driving me mad and the government have changed the law on supermarket opening hours on sunday's from 4pm close to 8pm close just for this bollox.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh god, please.

I'm sick of childish iconoclasts who spout nonsense like this every time there's an event on.

It was the same during the Jubilee.

"FUCK THE QUEEN"

"who gvs a sht bt the wnqen"

plastered all over facebook.

It really is embarrassing.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Just let everyone else enjoy a fantastic occasion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh god, please.

I'm sick of childish iconoclasts who spout nonsense like this every time there's an event on.

It was the same during the Jubilee.

"FUCK THE QUEEN"

"who gvs a sht bt the wnqen"

plastered all over facebook.

It really is embarrassing.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Just let everyone else enjoy a fantastic occasion.

Thing is you idiot, you can't get away from it.

I turn on the TV, it's on every channel. I open the paper, it's on every page. I go to the toilets in a restaurant and it's on the back of the cubicle door, and half my family are wearing London 2012 t-shirts!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm baffled how a sports fan (i assume you are one) cannot enjoy at least something during the olympics.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm baffled how a sports fan (i assume you are one) cannot enjoy at least something during the olympics.

Some of the athletics is ok. I don't have a problem with the Olympics as such, just the complete blanket coverage everywhere in the country right now.

It's the King's New Clothes Syndrome as I like to call it, lots of lemmings doing what the media tells them to do. In 6 months time, if I was to suggest we all tune in to watch the fencing I would be laughed off here. But right now people are falling over themselves to watch crap they wouldn't normally dream of tuning into.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's because it's a once in a lifetime event.

I wouldn't watch the fencing normally and i wont watch it during the olympics, i'll tune into the events that I'm fond of, thats the beauty of it. It's 2 weeks of fantastic sports.

It also gives you the chance to see somethings that don't normally receive any TV coverage like archery, shooting, volleyball, BMX. All great spectacles.

I don't expect to hear your opinion on any of the events considering you're an ardent anti olympics individual.

Lets face it the real truth is you will be watching it just like the rest of us, you just want to give it the big one on a forum like a nob.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Lets face it the real truth is you will be watching it just like the rest of us, you just want to give it the big one on a forum like a nob.

Oh right, you claim to know me now? And don't call me a nob.

I'll watch a highlights programme at the end of the day if there is such a thing, but I won't watch any of it live other than the football, 100m, 200m and relay races.

I have a life.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll watch some of the sport but not the budgies on bikes.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't call me an idiot then.

I claim to know that every post you put on this forum is a negative trolling attempt (98% in any case)

the old "i have a life" line. Whats that got to do with it? For someone who spends 14 hours a day on a forum, you do dish out that line with worrying regularity.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's because it's a once in a lifetime event.

And that's the reason why I'll be attending with little Miss Sluffy.

Some people think I'm mad and we could have had a cheap week away in the Sun for what I've spent on tickets - and watch it all for free on the TV/ internet but I'll never have the chance to do this again in my lifetime and although my daughter is probably not as keen on going as I am, she will always have the memories for the rest of her life - and we can go on a cheap holiday at anytime, anyway!

There still are tickets left for some of the events like athletics and gymnastics but quite frankly they are silly amounts of money that are being asked for them.

Roll on the games!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clearly you don't have a life then Sluffy. Rolling Eyes

Very jealous, i hope you have a great a time at whatever event you see!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really don't see why "Having a Good Old Moan" isn't a recognised Olympic event yet anyway. It's our national sport and deserves to be included. Sort it out, Coe!

And angling.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Don't call me an idiot then.

Calling someone a "nob" is worse than calling someone an "idiot". I demand an apology.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I claim to know that every post you put on this forum is a negative trolling attempt (98% in any case)

I'm tiring of your internet bullying, I have feelings you know.

You can't accept that people aren't interested in the Olympics, anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Hipster.

We are going to a number of different events - non of the big ones unfortunately, we could not get 'reasonable' priced tickets for them but going mainly to be part of the occasion and soak up the atmosphere.

It also will be nice for me to spend time with my daughter as she is at an age where she is out with her friends most of her free time - children soon grow up!

It is still possible to see some of the events for free such as the marathons and road cycling - if you or anybody else are near London and want to line the streets for the day.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm tiring of your internet bullying, I have feelings you know.

You can't accept that people aren't interested in the Olympics, anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

Of course i can accept it. But it's the boy who cried wolf syndrome. Someone who posts a negative post about absolutely everything or about 99% of the time will be treated as if they're trolling 99% of the time.

I wouldn't dream of "internet bullying" anyone, i'll debate, but no more than that, as you well know.

I get the joke i just don't get it I'm afraid.

I also don't see why having a strong interest in the olympics means you have "no life"

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I wouldn't say I am totally sick of it but I wasn't really into all this Olympic stuff but as the games draw closer I am becoming more and more into it.

Though I won't be watching the opening ceremony, not a fan of that kind of stuff to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum