Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team GB Cycling

+4
Bernard Dennis Park
largehat
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Team GB Cycling Empty Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 17:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just wasted several hours on and off watching our latest sporting fiasco.

The most frustrating thing was the constant assurances from the commentators that Team GB was "controlling the race" and that they were not worried that more and more cyclists were breaking away from them and establishing significant leads because we were following team orders. All of which was meant to guarantee a win for Cavendish. Clearly the tactics were supplied by our own beloved OC as they didn't allow for the opposition not doing what was expected of them.

Result not a single Brit was within sight of the first 20+ finishers.

2Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 17:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a bloody joke thanks to the BBC. At no point did we know where the Brits were until they passed the finishing line (way back).

To be fair the BBC only had 7 years to prepare for this.

3Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 17:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I am well pissed off with the BBC after watching Le Tour de France for three weeks and being continually aware where the leaders are in relation to the peleton. Coverage was a joke.

4Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 18:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You should email them and complain.

5Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 18:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be honest i only tuned into the last 20 minutes and by that time the commentators were giving up on a GB medal.

6Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 18:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:You should email them and complain.

I know you're taking the piss, but it must be beyond their control. It will be covered by a different broadcaster, a bit like the football, hence the annoying sound effect on the replays.

7Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 19:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

When they went back to the studio after the race the presenter apologised and said it was beyond their control. That's no excuse in my opinion. You should definitely email them.

8Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sat Jul 28 2012, 23:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Only got to hear the end of the race on the radio and the commentary was really poor imo.

They did let us know that Vino and Uran were a few seconds in front of a group of 'other' riders - and that Cavedish and the peleton were 50 odd seconds behind BUT apart from Gilbert they never named any of the 'other' riders from then until the finish!

I like to think I know a little bit about road cycling but I was left in the dark about who was in contention other than the three named above!

I was gutted that Vino won - a high profile drugs cheat who has already served a 2 year ban.

Shame after all the feel good factor following the Tour.

9Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 00:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:When they went back to the studio after the race the presenter apologised and said it was beyond their control. That's no excuse in my opinion. You should definitely email them.

Yes OK, I will also email BWFC the next time I go to the Reebok and it rains. At least the complaint I did make via email to ITV the other week was about something within their control.

10Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 11:19

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So you think the BBC are blameless? They've known for years that they were going to broadcast this. Maybe they should've looked into things a little more before yesterday. They'll obviously try and blame someone else if they can but they have to take a lot of the blame in my opinion.

11Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe I'm missing something, but if it's not the BBC's fault then who is to blame?

12Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 11:32

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The BBC are saying they got the pictures from a different broadcaster. So it's their fault.

13Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 14:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:So you think the BBC are blameless? They've known for years that they were going to broadcast this. Maybe they should've looked into things a little more before yesterday. They'll obviously try and blame someone else if they can but they have to take a lot of the blame in my opinion.

You might be right, it depends how you look at it. My point is, I've already heard their official explanation, I'm not going to get any more out of them by sending an email. Complaint emails are answered by drones who pride themselves in giving as standard a reply as possible. It's not going to result in Terry Wogan bringing my a vase of flowers. They don't give a shit.

14Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 15:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Actually BBC are only the host broadcaster and not the Olympic producer. In otherwords the BBC can only show the images that are fed to them from the host producer - but saying that the commentators are BBC and none of the current batch have commentated the cycling. In anything the should should have brought in the company/team that does the cycling coverage for ITV.

15Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 15:53

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:They don't give a shit.

Yet you thought they'd give a shit about your Garth Crooks complaint?

And we know they're only broadcasting what they're given bwfc71. It's been mentioned if you care to read the other posts.

16Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 16:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Women cyclist wins first medal for us - a silver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18904107

17Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 16:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just watching the womens diving at the moment, I don't know much about it but China are very good.

18Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 17:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Women cyclist wins first medal for us - a silver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18904107

I watched the last hour or so of this. I thought it was a more interesting race because this time a Brit joined the breakaway group and we were in with a chance. I've never watched this kind of event before but am now getting into it. I certainly think I've got as much grasp of the tactics involved as the commentators.

19Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 17:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
largehat wrote:They don't give a shit.

Yet you thought they'd give a shit about your Garth Crooks complaint?

Actually, smart arse, they agreed to recalibrate and check the machine which draws 'off-side' lines on their footage as a result of my complaint. I had them bang to rights.

20Team GB Cycling Empty Re: Team GB Cycling Sun Jul 29 2012, 17:42

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum