Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Peterborough

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Peterborough Empty What Parkinson Thought - Peterborough Sun Apr 30 2017, 18:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On his side clinching promotion…
What a great day for the club and to do it in the manner we did makes me really pleased. 

When the pressure is on and you produce a performance like that there isn’t much more you can ask for. 

Last week we were a minute away from promotion and you could feel the lads were a little bit low after the game, but they’ve picked themselves up tremendously well this week and I’m so pleased in the way we’ve gotten over the line today.

On saying goodbye to Sky Bet League One…
It’s a difficult league to get out of so it’s a great achievement to do it at the first attempt.

It’s been a great turnaround for us, I think we will look at it as a start for what we want to achieve and the club rebuilding. 

The platform and the foundations at this club are stronger than they have been for a while and we will look to move the club forward.

On the terrific support all the season from the fans…
I felt throughout the season the supporters gradually got behind the team more and more and today was a combination of that and there was great scenes at the end.

It show what it really means to these fans and the Town of Bolton to get the good times back and I’m pleased for the supporters.

They’ve been with us all season through the good and difficult periods and I thank every single supporter who has spent their hard-earned money following us this season. I hope they enjoy the next few days as much as I do.

On today’s goalscorers…
Jem scored a great goal today and his all-round performance gave the team energy with the quality he has on the ball. 

I’m very pleased with him and as I’ve been saying all along sometimes in the season people emerge who haven’t perhaps had the limelight and come and produce key moments and Jem did that today.

Wheats has typified what we wanted at the club this year. We said to the lads in pre-season we want to help the lads who were here last year re-build their reputations and David, the way he’s played and the way he’s been around the training ground has been excellent and I’m pleased for him. 

Alfie has contributed in so many different ways recently not just with his goals and that’s been needed.

On his first season at the club…
Everyone asked if it was a good decision that we left Bradford and we had to make it a good decision. 

All the staff have worked so hard, there’s a lot of happy people in that dressing room. 

The football season, is a long nine months, you get some good time and bad times, but you have to keep picking yourself up and I feel like we’ve done that really well as a group. 

And finally, onto the 17/18 season in the Sky Bet Championship.
It sounds good. It’s important that we enjoy it and savour this moment because we’ve deserved it. All supporters want that special moment and we’ve had a taste of that today and it’s very nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum