Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs?

+20
Chairmanda
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Fabians Right Peg
Banks of the Croal
bwfc71
Bread2.0
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
DEANO82
gloswhite
Angry Dad
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Why are you not posting as often on Nuts?

Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap4%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap8%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 8% [ 2 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap8%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 8% [ 2 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap4%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap24%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 24% [ 6 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap16%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 16% [ 4 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap16%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 16% [ 4 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

151Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Wed Jul 19 2017, 11:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I'ts becoming far too much like Coronation Street on here.

Christ!

Very Happy

152Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Wed Jul 19 2017, 12:26

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
karlypants wrote:I'ts becoming far too much like Coronation Street on here.

Christ!

Very Happy
More hollioaks I'd say

153Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 07:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:It looks to me like Bread really got under your skin, Sluffy. I only mentioned him once tonight and you're already making reference to me leaving the forum.

Despite your supposed stance on not taking the internet too seriously, I think you're the one taking this way out of context.

You should take a backseat for a while. Outside your half dozen regular posters there are a handful of us who come on here to catch up on a bit of Wanderers news, that we've already read elsewhere, and to enjoy a bit of a healthy and fun debate between a few entertaining posters - they're all you've got after all. 

Although I'm far from a regular poster on here, and clearly of no value to you, I'm happy to back off if it bothers you that much.

Lighten up. Mate.

You do what you like Fin.

I don't see much point these days about beating about the bush in respect of Bread.  I've deliberately kept as quiet as I could be on the matter but others want to keep on pushing it so we might as well face up to it now.

Bread was been banned for abuse, persistent, never ending, relentless, abuse.

The whole mood of the forum has lightened up significantly since he went.

Yes, I know many people liked him - including you - but you're not the ones receiving his bile, day after day, month after month, year after year.

Read his twitter account - it's the same thing except his bile is for Trump, Brexit voters and Conservatives - day after day, month after month...

If that's your thing them go and play best mates with him over there.

I don't take the internet seriously even though Bread bangs on that I do.

I'd rather Nuts shuts down than have to rely on Breads hatred and abuse of others to keep people here.

Nuts has never been about that.

It's precisely because I have been too easy going and not overly serious about what people post that over the years it has got somewhat out of hand and became what it was.  It went far too far and in the end it had to be stopped.

So what's the point of pussyfooting about any longer - Bread won't be returning anytime soon and if people don't like that then they are free to do whatever they want.

Hopefully they think there is more to Nuts than Bread but if they don't then that's their choice.

The Sun will rise tomorrow, Nuts will still be here - so then it is up to people if they want to post stuff for the rest of us to read, respond and enjoy, or go and do there own stuff somewhere else.

Hope most decide to stick with us - and that includes you Fin - I don't want anyone to leave but neither do I want anyone to be under the false illusion that Bread will be returning in the near future either.

I think that is fair and reasonable comment.

I hope everyone else does too.

I'm going to put my two pennyworth in here. I had decided to walk away from  Nuts about a month ago - mainly due to Breadman's comments. Because I disagreed with the way he was going to vote in the recent general election he referred to me as a c**t and someone who would go out and kick puppies to death and shit on the homeless.
I neither need nor need to put up with that sort of abuse.
The explanation given elsewhere was that he was continually fuelled by alcohol and that it was the booze talking. But that's not good enough as either an excuse or an explanation for his vile and vicious running commentaries.
 I used to enjoy this site bacause of the football banter and the occasional but controlled piss taking that went on- people were mildly abusive ,but it was done with humour and a sense of respect.
But this guy was constantly foul mouthed and vicariously abusive- and so I had decided to call it a day as no one has to put up with the abusive  and personal rants that he indulged himself with.
I'm with Sluffy on this one- I'm glad he's been banned and he should stay that way. If he comes back ,even apologetically, or under an alias he should stay banned.
Already the tone of this site is lighter and more enjoyable without him.
I don't ask or expect that the site is all sweetness and light- we need a bit of vitriol ,anger,debate and disagreement as that's what makes us human, but we don't need downright personal and vindictive abuse because that spoils it for everyone.

154Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 10:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wow, I didn't know that, Rammy. You're right to baulk at such abuse. As an ex-neighbour, I sympathise. I certainly would not have been able to tolerate similar highly personal outbursts if directed at me.

I've been appalled by some of Bread's comments, particularly after the EU referendum, but tried to balance such vitriolic late-night hysteria with the number of times Bread has made really interesting, intelligent, amusing contributions, which have supplied the site with lots of responses and debate. Without him, the site is undoubtedly quieter.

In some ways, Bread's most objectionable comments are a reflection of the shift in the nation's general attitude, using social media to launch into tirades, safe behind their computer screens.

But many people are also nowadays unafraid to loudly, openly and publicly castigate those who disagree  with their own views, in a world where Trump, Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins are seen to get away with, and even prosper from, the most outrageous, deliberately controversial standpoints

155Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I'm going to put my two pennyworth in here. I had decided to walk away from  Nuts about a month ago - mainly due to Breadman's comments. Because I disagreed with the way he was going to vote in the recent general election he referred to me as a c**t and someone who would go out and kick puppies to death and shit on the homeless.

Wasn't that just a general comment aimed at everyone who didn't vote Labour though?

Forums need villains. Forums need debate and argument. This site now has none of those.

156Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I'm going to put my two pennyworth in here. I had decided to walk away from  Nuts about a month ago - mainly due to Breadman's comments. Because I disagreed with the way he was going to vote in the recent general election he referred to me as a c**t and someone who would go out and kick puppies to death and shit on the homeless.

Forums need villains. Forums need debate and argument. This site now has none of those.

Ahem

157Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Ahem

You only make one word posts these days. You don't count.

158Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Villains are one thing we can, and do accept, but like Rammy, I voted Conservative and for Brexit. Breads abuse was getting worse, and amounted to nothing more than disgraceful tirades. Hiding behind the fact that he appeared to have a drink problem, or personality disorder, just doesn't cut it, and I feel that Sluffy gave him more than enough time to settle. Although I liked Bread, he was like a runaway train once he started, and abuse was getting more and more personal. He obviously has a problem, (don't know what precisely), but working through it at the expense of other posters wasn't the way to deal with it.

159Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad to see Rammy is back. Another sensible poster who has a good sense of humour and doesn't resort to abuse to win an argument.

PS. Okocha too!

160Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Gloswhite!

161Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Wasn't that just a general comment aimed at everyone who didn't vote Labour though?

It might have been but it was still well beyond the pale of what anyone has to put up with. It was still personally abusive and not appropriate here. There are other websites where he could spew up his bile.

162Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 12:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:It might have been but it was still well beyond the pale of what anyone has to put up with. It was still personally abusive and not appropriate here. There are other websites where he could spew up his bile.

I think you've got selective memory, there's been loads of bile on this site over the years - I just think you chose to take this one personally.

Every site needs a mentalist. It used to be Amos, then Scott, then Bread.

Who's going to fill the void?

163Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 12:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:It might have been but it was still well beyond the pale of what anyone has to put up with. It was still personally abusive and not appropriate here. There are other websites where he could spew up his bile.

I think you've got selective memory, there's been loads of bile on this site over the years - I just think you chose to take this one personally.

If you get called a c**t - what other way is there to take it apart from personally.
As regards filling the void- if the situations vacant, why don't you fill it

164Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 13:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

If you get called a c**t - what other way is there to take it apart from personally.
As regards filling the void- if the situations vacant, why don't you fill it

He does have a point! If the cap fits etc etc  Very Happy

165Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been traumatised by the comments made by rammy and Reebok Trotter.

Or, as I like to call it, bullery.

Are they being banned?

166Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have been traumatised by the comments made by rammy and Reebok Trotter.

Or, as I like to call it, bullery.

Are they being banned?
Stop being such a drama queen! Very Happy

167Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 14:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's no wonder women don't come on this site.

168Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 15:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's no wonder real women don't come on this site.
:agree:

169Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 15:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Real women or the ones like Nat? Very Happy

170Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? - Page 9 Empty Re: Why Has This Site Gone To The Dogs? Thu Jul 20 2017, 19:58

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Real women or the ones like Nat? Very Happy
Well theres manda and that other woman who lasted about 5 posts.  But yeah.... not nat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum