Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheese

+5
Natasha Whittam
WhiteBic
Bernard Dennis Park
bwfc71
largehat
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cheese Empty Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 13:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheese Fromage1
When I was a student, one of my mates mentioned he was hosting a wine and cheese evening. On my way there I picked up a block of no-frills cheddar and a box of cheap German wine. What should have been a civilised and cultured evening turned into a drunken mess.

I've since learned my lesson. I have come to understand that there are people out there who appreciate and savour different varieties of cheese.

I am still a cheese barbarian. There are only three types of cheese I will ever buy for the rest of my life: cheddar, red leicester and double gloucester.

I've tried some of these weird and smelly cheeses but they're just not for me.

Do you eat cheese? Are you a cheese buff, or like me, do you consider Dairylea to be a real cheese? If you were to try to convert an animal like me into cheese, what cheese would you recommend? Or perhaps you don't agree with cheese and think it should be outlawed.

Lets have a thread dedicated to cheese.

2Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 14:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lancashire cheese is the best, in the world, for cheese on toast

Cheshire cheese just for the taste and crumbly texture

Apart from them I don't really eat any other cheese - not even Dutch cheeses.

3Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 14:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Amos how can you be living in Holland and not eat cheese 3 times a day?

I'm starting to have my doubts about you.

4Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 15:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am a very fussy eater. I have tried the jong en ouder kaas but, for me, nothing can beat Lancashire or Cheshire cheeses.

5Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 15:25

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ever tried kaas van de cock? Laughing

6Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 15:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

you mean kaas van de pik?

Nope!

7Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 15:59

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My misses loves Brie. When I say brie, I mean the stuff that smells like foot. One hour later the fridge stinks, two hours later the kitchen stinks and by the end of the day the whole house stinks.

You have to keep trying different things so one day I held my nose and made some on toast. I loved it, but for me it has to be Lancashire. I got some special mature stuff from Leigh market the other month... it was immense.

8Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only eat Wensleydale.

9Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 16:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You are probably not going to want to try blue cheese at this stage or one of the riper soft cheeses. I would suggest you try a mild cheese with a slightly nutty taste like Jarlsberg or Leerdammer if you want to expand the variety you like. Then if that works I suggest trying Emmenthal. Basically the hard cheeses that look like cheddar are pretty safe.

Nothing wrong with cheddar. I love all kinds of cheese but if I could have only one it would be a mature cheddar.

10Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 16:34

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

WhiteBic wrote:I got some special mature stuff from Leigh market the other month... it was immense.

Are we talking cheese or Quent's love life?

11Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 17:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best is a red leicester and apple sandwich. (mixed with mayo)

try it out.

12Cheese Empty Re: Cheese Tue Jul 31 2012, 20:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Like chocolate, cheese is just one of them things that fascinates a lot of people but not me. I love crumbly Lancashire and Cheshire and I can eat most cheddars but I don't passionately like cheese and so I don't know an awful lot about the different types. There are a few that have made me heave in the past but I couldn't say which ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum