Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 50]

481Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 09:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:We'd lost most of our influence anyway, and more importantly, we'll be able to trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission.

We have always been able to "trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission". 57% of our exports are to non EU countries. One of the problems with leaving the EU is that if no satisfactory trade deal is made we will be facing tariffs and other barriers to trade on the 43% of our exports we send to the EU.

482Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 12:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:We'd lost most of our influence anyway, and more importantly, we'll be able to trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission.

We have always been able to "trade with whoever we like, without Europe's permission". 57% of our exports are to non EU countries. One of the problems with leaving the EU is that if no satisfactory trade deal is made we will be facing tariffs and other barriers to trade on the 43% of our exports we send to the EU.
That's true, however some of the big free trade deals we currently have with non-European countries were negotiated by the EU (over 50 deals currently in place) using the massive purchasing power of all 28 nations, which in turn gave us bargaining power that we have no chance of equalling as a sole nation.
Every one of those deals will have to be renegotiated at considerable cost and with little likelihood of bettering the arrangements currently in place.  If all goes well, we'll probably end up with deals identical to the ones we currently have in place - it's just that it will cost us a couple of hospitals and a school to get back to where we are.

483Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just been to Bargain Booze. Ignoring the queue of men that seemed to be centred on the bins, I found three cans of Pepsi for £1.

3 cans for a quid!!

It'll be 3 cans for 50p by the time Brexit happens.

Life is good. Thanks to everyone who voted to leave.

484Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 15:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've just been to Bargain Booze. Ignoring the queue of men that seemed to be centred on the bins, I found three cans of Pepsi for £1.

3 cans for a quid!!

It'll be 3 cans for 50p by the time Brexit happens.

Life is good. Thanks to everyone who voted to leave.

Nat, go to Farmfoods where you can get 72 cans of Pepsi ( and lots of others as well) for £17. That's 23p a can . You woz robbed!

485Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is this Farmfoods you speak of? Is it a local farm? It sounds posh. Cecil can take me on Sunday.

486Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:What is this Farmfoods you speak of? Is it a local farm? It sounds posh. Cecil can take me on Sunday.

You might not like it because its where all the peasants and the great unwashed go for branded products at half the price Waitrose and Sainsburys sell them for. There is one in Bolton on Halliwell Road. Be careful with Cec though as he may get orgasmic in the chocolate section

487Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:You might not like it because its where all the peasants and the great unwashed go

Don't put yourself down, I'm sure you have some good qualities.

But thanks for the tip, I shall go in disguise.

488Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought I post this as an independent up to today comment on the economy post Brexit vote -

Analysis: Andy Verity, economics correspondent

Choose your comparator. You might, like Bank of England governor Mark Carney, point out that the economy is about 1% smaller than the Bank predicted it would be before the Brexit vote. But that was in the event of a "stay" vote.

Pro-Brexit critics might point out the economy is doing a lot better than his own warnings about the risk of a "technical recession" if the UK voted to leave.

Annual growth of 1.8% may be less than we would like, but so far there is little sign of the Brexit-induced disaster that some predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42831655

489Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:46

Can’t argue, we haven’t seen the disaster Osborne and Cameron described. But I didn’t believe those two at the time either, they never could be trusted. The ‘disaster’ I feared was prior to last years election when Teresa May was hell bent on hard Brexit, she’s been driven back from that luckily.

490Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 16:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Cecil can take me on Sunday.
Not very generous of you to only let him "take" you once a week....or is that all he can get up for?

491Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 17:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Cecil can take me on Sunday.
Not very generous of you to only let him "take" you once a week....or is that all he can get up for?
During intimacy,Cecil puts a brown paper bag over Nat's head.

He wears one as well,in case hers comes off.

492Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

493Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When even okocha is taking the piss out of my man something has to be done.

:trust:

And for the record, Cecil has no problem getting it up, and it's at least 2 inches.

494Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 21:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:whistle:

495Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:When even okocha is taking the piss out of my man something has to be done.

:trust:

And for the record, Cecil has no problem getting it up, and it's at least 2 inches.
What about the other leg?

496Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PM me your address so I can send Cecil round to sort you out.

497Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat must have some influence. The local hotel has installed a new stall just for Cecil.
Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Closeup-tiles-wall-toilet-man-toilet-view-urinals-small-room-interior-old-background-black-75521971

498Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Jan 27 2018, 17:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of today's papers have been quoting the Guardian/ICM research paper that says that the swing towards having a second referendum suggests those in favour of a second vote lead by a 16% margin, however what I found more interesting was the analysis of who voted to leave or remain in the first place. Turns out that the biggest groups of those who wanted out were not in work or education i.e. the unemployed and retired people. Only 38% of retired people voted to remain  and those opinions have hardened - now it's only 34%. There's a summary of the article here but if you want the detail I reckon you'll have to get today's paper.

499Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Jan 27 2018, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's more chance of Bolton spending £10m on a striker next week than there is of a second referendum.

Let it go.

500Brexit negotiations - Page 25 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 28 2018, 09:12

I’m not sure if there will be, in all likelihood there won’t but who knows. I think that’s the question for the moment, should there be another? To me the scenario for leaving was never made clear (as clearly anyone with high level gov influence at the time didn’t think it would happen), and a decision made on the basis of the deal we get is actually just common sense. At the moment nobody knows what leave actually means, once we do that’s the time to vote.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum