Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Thu Jun 29 2017, 17:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Conor Wilkinson has joined Gillingham on a permanent deal.

The 22-year-old moved to Macron Stadium in the summer of 2013 after leaving Millwall’s youth ranks and went on to make 16 first team appearances for the club in league and cup.

During his time with the Whites, the Republic of Ireland youth international also spent loan spells with Chester, Torquay United, Oldham Athletic, Barnsley, Newport County, Portsmouth and Chesterfield.

Everybody at Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Conor for his efforts and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Re: Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Thu Jun 29 2017, 17:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely Wilkinson's finest moment for Bolton:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Re: Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Thu Jun 29 2017, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Definitely Wilkinson's finest moment for Bolton:

Agreed!

Very Happy

Wasn't he supposed to be on big wages?

I'm guessing we are probably going to be making up his wages at his new club for the coming season but at least this gives us another space in the squad to get a better player in.

4Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Re: Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Thu Jun 29 2017, 18:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Agreed!

Very Happy

I'm guessing we are probably going to be making up his wages at his new club for the coming season but at least this gives us another space in the squad to get a better player in.

Why would we pay his wages?

5Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Re: Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Thu Jun 29 2017, 18:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Agreed!

Very Happy

Why would we pay his wages?

Well if he was really on the amount of money he was reported to be on (£8,000 per week iirc?) then I can't imagine Gillingham or any similar club having anything like that money to be able to afford to sign him.

In which case I am guessing they have made an offer for what they could afford and we make up the rest for this season when his contract was due for expiry.

I could be wrong of course and Gillingham could be rolling in cash, or Wilkinson is happy to give up his lucrative contract with us. It's just that I think my suggestion is probably closest to the truth of things.

6Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Re: Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Thu Jun 29 2017, 19:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's signed for Gillingham on a permanent deal, we won't be paying any of his wages.

7Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Empty Re: Conor Wilkinson joins Gillingham Fri Jun 30 2017, 08:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He won't be missed, never looked like he would become a regular.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum