Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust consider re-opening FanZone doors at Macron

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

THE Wanderers Supporters’ Trust is examining the possibility of re-opening the Macron Stadium’s FanZone this season.
Although the club has no plans to re-open the doors of the Premier Suite on a match-day – preferring instead to direct supporters to the Whites Hotel bars – the trust could revive the plan if it proves financially feasible.
New BWFCST chairman Daniel Izza claims families with children who may be less inclined to visit the busy hotel pre-match could be tempted back into the FanZone, which attracted healthy audiences after its launch in the Premier League in 2008 until its closure 12 months ago.
“The club are telling us fans haven’t really complained about the FanZone being shut,” he said in an interview with Bolton FM.
“From my point of view, I think quite a lot of fans did like that. It was usually pretty busy with 500-600 people in there.
“The club has no plans to open that again this season. What they are saying is that they’d rather keep the fans in the Pure Bar within the hotel.
“What we’ve said is that we’d like to try and intervene and see whether we could run it to see whether it can be operated less expensively.
“The club say they didn’t make a profit, which is a bit of a stretch of the imagination, I think. It’s probably more to do with their relationship with the caterers.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15384149.Supporters__Trust_consider_re_opening_FanZone_doors_at_Macron/

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I can't see Anderson after spending all that money on refurbishing the Pure Bar, let the ST run a competitor site to it on his own doorstep, on what must be its busiest trading days of the year.

I can't see the ST running the Sports Bar for the financial benefit of Ken Anderson, so I can't see this happening unless there is plenty customers for both venues (plus all the other pubs and bars near by).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum