Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP Bradley Lowery.

+2
gloswhite
boltonbonce
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad news. Can't think of anyone who hasn't been touched by this brave little chap.

2RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 16:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Such a brave little lad. RIP Bradley.

3RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 16:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes but is this really the kind of news that the BBC should be making their lead item?

It just looks like more of the dumbing down of news coverage that we keep seeing.

4RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 17:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That,perhaps,might be better debated elsewhere.

5RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 18:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

xmiles wrote:Yes but is this really the kind of news that the BBC should be making their lead item?

It just looks like more of the dumbing down of news coverage that we keep seeing.
So brave this young man has been, battling a rare form of cancer always with a smile on his face. Pretty much everyone in the country took this kid into their hearts and he has been an absolute inspiration everyone. Seeing him mascot Sunderland and England was brilliant and Match of the day giving him the goal of the month was a nice touch. Jermain Defoe has been amazing with him as well, and should be commended. Never seeking publicity for everything he's done for Bradley and his family, just doing it out of love for the kid. I don't know if you have kids or not Xmiles but this is a pretty heartless post in my opinion. If this was a celebrity of any kind it would be headline news, so I don't see why this young man should be any different. This isn't dumbing down of the news, this is recognising the sheer bravery of a 6 year old in the face of massive adversity. 

RIP Bradley, a fighter to the end.

6RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 19:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP young man.

7RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 19:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bwfc1958 wrote:
xmiles wrote:Yes but is this really the kind of news that the BBC should be making their lead item?

So brave this young man has been, battling a rare form of cancer always with a smile on his face. Pretty much everyone in the country took this kid into their hearts and he has been an absolute inspiration everyone. Seeing him mascot Sunderland and England was brilliant and Match of the day giving him the goal of the month was a nice touch. Jermain Defoe has been amazing with him as well, and should be commended. Never seeking publicity for everything he's done for Bradley and his family, just doing it out of love for the kid. I don't know if you have kids or not Xmiles but this is a pretty heartless post in my opinion. If this was a celebrity of any kind it would be headline news, so I don't see why this young man should be any different. This isn't dumbing down of the news, this is recognising the sheer bravery of a 6 year old in the face of massive adversity. 

Yes I do have children and I resent the suggestion that I am heartless merely because I question the prominence given to news items like this. I am not questioning the sadness attached to any child dying. What I find disturbing is that this particular death is only more newsworthy than all the other children dying today simply because of the publicity it has received.

8RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 19:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

xmiles wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

Yes I do have children and I resent the suggestion that I am heartless merely because I question the prominence given to news items like this. I am not questioning the sadness attached to any child dying. What I find disturbing is that this particular death is only more newsworthy than all the other children dying today simply because of the publicity it has received.
I don't disagree entirely. Lots of children go through stuff like this without recognition of the trials they have faced. To merely suggest this is just dumbing down of the news though is just bollocks imo. Aside from that, it's a whole other debate that can be had on another thread, without using a child like Bradley as a case in point.

9RIP Bradley Lowery. Empty Re: RIP Bradley Lowery. Fri Jul 07 2017, 20:11

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nothing else has happened today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum