Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 50]

121OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jan 02 2018, 16:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Klopp is all hype.

One player - even a £75 million one - wont provide a defence whilst the team is set up just to attack all the time.  Liverpool will always give away chances at the back to Premier League sides, whilst they play under Klopp's philosophy.

What are they going to do when van Dijk gets injured or suspended - it's simply back to how they are now.

They've signed Keita for £48 million for next season who is a Kante type player as I understand it, so maybe he will give the defence some cover but again what happens when he is injured/suspended - and for him to play will mean one less attacking player for Klopp.

I assume with so much being paid out by Liverpool that Coutinho will be going - and for me he is the heartbeat of Liverpool.

As someone who isn't a big Liverpool fan I think Klopp is doing a wonderful job and look forward to seeing him waste many more of their millions promising so much and achieving so little!

I like Klopp because his teams entertain the neutral. People seem to forget that football is supposed to be entertaining - I'd much rather watch Klopp's Liverpool with their leaky defence than Fat Sam's spoilers at Everton - who have spent almost as much as Liverpool over the last 12 months.

What Liverpool have spent is peanuts compared to Man City, hence why they aren't in a position to challenge right now.
I spent Xmas in Mainz with the wife's sister and our half German nephews and as Mainz 05 fans they love him as a former player and manager who took them to the Bundesliga. They expressed a theory that Klopp tends to know exactly who he wants for his system and is prepared to wait - years if necessary - to get them. I questioned the Van Dyke signing and they reckoned he has a list and a plan and will move for the defenders he needs as soon as they become available.
Sounds like bullshit to me, but they know the man. That said, their favourite English team is Arsenal, so I have to question their judgement.

122OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jan 03 2018, 13:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw Jake Livermore getting into the crowd in the West Ham match. Now it turns out that there is a suspicion that the fan he was after had made a comment about Livermore's dead son. Bang out of order.

123OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jan 03 2018, 14:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If thats true then i wouldn't blame him for wanting to smack him, i would do exactly the same.

124OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jan 06 2018, 14:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought Cian Bolger was immense for Fleetwood v Leicester today.

125OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jan 06 2018, 23:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

126OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jan 09 2018, 12:38

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ex Wanderer Peter Beardsley who now manages Newcastle under 23s is under investigation at NUFC after racism allegations

The Daily Mail reports "one incident which is alleged to have occurred last year came during a trip to the Go Ape complex in Newcastle, when it is claimed Beardsley said to an African player struggling to climb on some bars, 'Why are you taking so long? Your lot should be good at this'. He is also alleged to have questioned the age of African players.

127OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jan 09 2018, 23:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BBC Sport is reporting that Harry Kane is in advanced talks with Real Madrid.

Wonder how much he is worth?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/42625863

128OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jan 10 2018, 06:59

Can’t see that rumour there’s sluffy? You old click bait fiend Cool

129OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jan 10 2018, 09:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't know what happened there - it was the headline transfer news when I posted it - maybe they pulled it because they found their source (a Spanish newspaper report) was fake?

Can't really see anyone else going with it this morning other than the Mail - must be bollocks I guess but here is what the Mail is still reporting -

Harry Kane has 'everything ready' for a move to Real Madrid from Tottenham this summer.
Talks between the prolific striker and Los Blancos are so advanced that he has even outlined his desire to wear Luka Modric's No 10 shirt, according to DiarioGol.  
Kane recently admitted he is yet to begin negotiations on a new deal at Spurs, despite his continued excellence this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5252673/Harry-Kane-ready-Real-Madrid.html

130OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jan 21 2018, 10:41

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watford have sacked Marco Silva

Nothing much on here yet but I'm sure they'll update soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881

131OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jan 21 2018, 12:49

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:Watford have sacked Marco Silva

Nothing much on here yet but I'm sure they'll update soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881
Bet they wish they had taken the £10 million compensation that Everton offered.

132OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Jan 22 2018, 14:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

133OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Jan 22 2018, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised he didn't have a mirror tucked down his sock already for checking himself out on regular occasions  Very Happy

134OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jan 24 2018, 16:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Check out the new Leeds United crest. Razz
OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 _99727853_lufc-crest-pressrelease

135OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jan 24 2018, 17:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Or a tweet from the new England Ladies boss (parody account) -

I'm really sorry about my tweets from 5 years ago...
Someone had nothing better to do than be NOSEY and look at my past tweets... Probably a Woman...

Very Happy

136OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jan 28 2018, 04:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

137OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Feb 01 2018, 00:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WTF is going on with Chelsea? Started the season like champions and would now be looking like relegation fodder if it wasn't for the points on the board early doors. Bournemouth demolished them tonight.

138OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 06 2018, 16:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope we're all sparing a thought today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42953090

139OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 13 2018, 11:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

140OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 7 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 13 2018, 11:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Very sad. But a wise move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43045432

That is sad news, he was a decent player. Hope he stays in the game in some capacity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum