Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 50]

881OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat May 21 2022, 19:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best of luck to the big man.

882OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun May 22 2022, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always been great entertainment and scored some cracking goals along the way. Best wishes to the man.

883OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun May 22 2022, 18:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley down, Weeds survive. Brentford were appalling.

884OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 23 2022, 05:53

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I didn't watch any of it but wouldn't be surprised if the "remarkable" 3 goals in 5 minutes to win the title was fixed. "the most amazing title decider ever" etc etc. watch it here on Sky sports.The continual favourable refereeing decisions for Liverpool the last few weeks to ensure they kept winning got me thinking about the honesty of it.Sky are paying so much money they wanted the title race to go to the last day and not just an easy City thrashing of an average Aston Villa team

885OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 23 2022, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It wasn't quite the QPR game all over again but my Son wasn't looking too happy when Villa when 2-0 up. We turned over to watch the Liverpool game and then ended up turning it back at 2-2 as he got all excited again  Very Happy

886OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 23 2022, 10:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It wasn't quite the QPR game all over again but my Son wasn't looking too happy when Villa when 2-0 up. We turned over to watch the Liverpool game and then ended up turning it back at 2-2 as he got all excited again  Very Happy
Villa keeper was crap.

887OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 23 2022, 10:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Villa keeper was crap.
You'd think the dickhead City fans would have thanked him at the end instead of attacking him.

888OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 23 2022, 11:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its becoming an issue now with fans coming on the pitch. I watched the end of the Port Vale vs Swindon game and it got very ugly and the Swindon players were basically left to fend for themselves.

As for the clown attacking Vieira, he must have never seen him play! Can't believe he's come in for stick for defending himself.

889OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 23 2022, 12:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Its becoming an issue now with fans coming on the pitch. I watched the end of the Port Vale vs Swindon game and it got very ugly and the Swindon players were basically left to fend for themselves.

As for the clown attacking Vieira, he must have never seen him play! Can't believe he's come in for stick for defending himself.
I thought Patrick was quite restrained. Stig might have reacted rather more bullishly. Very Happy

890OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jun 18 2022, 11:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If anyone runs on to the pitch at old trafford he's likely to get MOTM they've been that crap.

Wondering how Liverpool will go on next season now that Sadio Mane's left for Bayern?
Mane's stats for Liverpool have been outstanding, not just the goals but the assists for Salah and Firmino who together have made up one of the best forward lines in memory.

Darwin Nunez is arriving and TBF he's had a good record at Benfica but it's a lot on money and he is a gamble. Only 22 though, so if he's as good as they think it will be worthwhile, anything less and Liverpool may slip.

891OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jun 28 2022, 23:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

England U19s have made it to the final of the Euros with a comeback 2 - 1 victory over Italy.
Some decent young players coming through from what I saw, but predictably all signed up by Premiership clubs.

In the other semi, Israel stunned France to make it to the final with England which will be played on Friday.

892OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Jul 22 2022, 16:59

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nottingham Forest are throwing  a few quid at staying up. £70 million paid in transfer fees since winning the play offs and they have signed Jesse Lingard on a season's loan.West Ham offered Lingard 150k per week but he was offered  nearer 200k per week by Nottingham

893OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jul 23 2022, 02:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:Nottingham Forest are throwing  a few quid at staying up. £70 million paid in transfer fees since winning the play offs and they have signed Jesse Lingard on a season's loan.West Ham offered Lingard 150k per week but he was offered  nearer 200k per week by Nottingham
OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 294769521_2295901793891504_4188499969019197989_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=ahkZskFBploAX9h8ofd&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1

894OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Jul 27 2022, 01:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic stuff from the Lionesses as they beat Sweden 4 -0 to progress to the finals of the Euros.
Russo missed the obvious chance, but the back heel nutmeg goal was a thing of beauty.

895OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 04 2022, 10:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southend have named their west stand after a local sponsor, estate agents Gilbert and Rose.

Perhaps they might have given more thought to naming it "The Gilbert and Rose West Stand"

Here.

896OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 04 2022, 10:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

897OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Aug 05 2022, 18:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey! Chelsea have coughed up £60 million for Cucurella, the poor man's Fossey.

898OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 09 2022, 11:52

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am always stunned by the amount of money being paid by the big clubs. Utd being a prime example of course. They consistently overpay for average players - Everton over the last couple of years have brought in right old donkeys for millions. The valuations are crazy to me. 
On the flip side you have City bringing in the best center forward in Europe - Harland, for a relatively reasonable fee and Utd had Rashford valued at 100 mill two years ago, and Sancho bought at 90 mill.... both donkeys in my opinion. I dunno.  ..dunno..

899OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 09 2022, 12:55

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:I am always stunned by the amount of money being paid by the big clubs. Utd being a prime example of course. They consistently overpay for average players - Everton over the last couple of years have brought in right old donkeys for millions. The valuations are crazy to me. 
On the flip side you have City bringing in the best center forward in Europe - Harland, for a relatively reasonable fee and Utd had Rashford valued at 100 mill two years ago, and Sancho bought at 90 mill.... both donkeys in my opinion. I dunno.  ..dunno..
Yes, absolutely ridiculous money for no better than average players much of the time, then you have to add the obscene wages to go with it. Too much money in PL football I’m afraid means they don’t have to worry about value. Sadly it won’t change as long as the likes of Sky keep pumping in ever increasing amount of money.

There may be no comparison in quality terms but when you saw the excitement and enjoyment the lionesses created recently can this level of finance really be justified given what many are suffering today. People and the media rage about a company boss taking a million pound bonus each year but most of these guys earn that in a month yet I don’t hear any big calls for windfall taxes on them.

900OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 45 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 09 2022, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

United's panic buying looks like continuing, they are after Arnautovic now. It made me smile watching their fans expecting them to steamroller Brighton and they went 2-0 down  Very Happy

As for their new CB, looks like a right shortarse (for a CB), he will struggle against some of the big lads in the Prem, even sicknote Wellbeck made a mug of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum