Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

King Ken: Now man with the plan needs to furnish Bolton fans with detail

+5
gloswhite
wessy
Sluffy
wanderlust
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day it's Ken's money so whatever your point of view I would suggest it would be prudent to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to speculate when it isn't your money that's being spent. I suggest we cut the guy some slack because if it wasn't for him the situation at the Macron would be far worse.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:At the end of the day it's Ken's money so whatever your point of view I would suggest it would be prudent to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to speculate when it isn't your money that's being spent. I suggest we cut the guy some slack because if it wasn't for him the situation at the Macron would be far worse.
Is it? 

The thing is I don't believe he did use his own money to get Deano's shares and that's part of my concern - and why we need to see the deal he struck.
Simply put, if an external investor had bought the shares, new money would have come into the club to reduce the creditor's claim on the club's assets, but I don't believe Anderson paid one penny to get them.

If Deano's shares had been sold for e.g. £5 million, that money would have been paid to BM by the liquidator against the £7 million owed, leaving BM with a claim on the club's assets of just £2 million and a massively reduced interest bill for the club to pay going forward.

But if it turns out to be what I believe happened, Anderson didn't pay anything leaving BM with a claim of £7 million on the club's assets and the club with a huge interest bill to pay going forward.

The final bill for the club to buy the shares for Anderson could be as much as £10 million when the debt is redeemed and all the interest paid off which can only hamper our progress.

Really hope this isn't the case but sadly I suspect it is. We'll find out eventually.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would be amazed if that was the case Lusty, why would BM go to all the trouble of getting SS liquidated and then not take any money? How would that make us an attractive prospect to any potential new owners?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:At the end of the day it's Ken's money so whatever your point of view I would suggest it would be prudent to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to speculate when it isn't your money that's being spent. I suggest we cut the guy some slack because if it wasn't for him the situation at the Macron would be far worse.
Is it? 

The thing is I don't believe he did use his own money to get Deano's shares and that's part of my concern - and why we need to see the deal he struck.
Simply put, if an external investor had bought the shares, new money would have come into the club to reduce the creditor's claim on the club's assets, but I don't believe Anderson paid one penny to get them.

If Deano's shares had been sold for e.g. £5 million, that money would have been paid to BM by the liquidator against the £7 million owed, leaving BM with a claim on the club's assets of just £2 million and a massively reduced interest bill for the club to pay going forward.

But if it turns out to be what I believe happened, Anderson didn't pay anything leaving BM with a claim of £7 million on the club's assets and the club with a huge interest bill to pay going forward.

The final bill for the club to buy the shares for Anderson could be as much as £10 million when the debt is redeemed and all the interest paid off which can only hamper our progress.

Really hope this isn't the case but sadly I suspect it is. We'll find out eventually.

Yes the liquidator turned down £5 million for BM and rather have the debt being on a club under an embargo with an owner (or so you claim) having no money to further invest in it!

It simple doesn't stack up does it.

Which means the liquidator didn't receive a reliable bid for the shares from anyone else!!!

It's not rocket science to work that out is it!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander, even though your the lone voice here, I see what your saying. I just hope your wrong, and if not, I.m sure KA is taking this route thinking he has to lengthen the repayment plan by whatever means, giving him more time and wriggle room. However, I'm sure he's smart enough to see his, and the clubs, way out of this.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Wander, even though your the lone voice here, I see what your saying. I just hope your wrong, and if not, I.m sure KA is taking this route thinking he has to lengthen the repayment plan by whatever means, giving him more time and wriggle room. However, I'm sure he's smart enough to see his, and the clubs, way out of this.
I hope I'm wrong too mate because if he is gambling with the club for personal gain, greater leverage on the assets, no new investment and high interest payments would mean our rehabilitation will be hamstrung for years to come or worse still Anderson could end up owning 95% of nothing.

I'd love to see the proposal he submitted to the EFL just to know one way or the other.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ah yes, but we've already seen that he only reveals what will help him to achieve his goals. Don't hold your breath

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Strange that there has been no comment from Derek Izza the Chair of the ST since Ken became the majority shareholder. scratch

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Strange that there has been no comment from Derek Izza the Chair of the ST since Ken became the majority shareholder. scratch

I noticed that too!

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A good read this thread if like me you enjoy ridiculous comments from those incapable of strategic scenario option evaluation, but also entirely relevant to the current situation as whilst the scenario is changing almost by the minute the fans do need to know which way "King Ken: the man with a plan" is planning to go with this, although I think we can be fairly confident that his demands are lessening in inverse proportion to his rising desperation. 
And worryingly, the quality assessment criteria he has famously applied to potential investors to date may well also be slipping so any sale at this late stage is bound to cause concern. 

For someone who prides himself in communicating with the fans he's gone very, very quiet.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:A good read this thread if like me you enjoy ridiculous comments from those incapable of strategic scenario option evaluation, but also entirely relevant to the current situation as whilst the scenario is changing almost by the minute the fans do need to know which way "King Ken: the man with a plan" is planning to go with this, although I think we can be fairly confident that his demands are lessening in inverse proportion to his rising desperation. 
And worryingly, the quality assessment criteria he has famously applied to potential investors to date may well also be slipping so any sale at this late stage is bound to cause concern. 

For someone who prides himself in communicating with the fans he's gone very, very quiet.
Ken preparing escape pod or ark to escape back to the EU.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Ken: Now man with the plan needs to furnish Bolton fans with detail - Page 2 Giphy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:King Ken: Now man with the plan needs to furnish Bolton fans with detail - Page 2 Giphy
Where'd he go? Where'd he go?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum