Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Year Honours Bullshit

+2
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Year Honours Bullshit Empty New Year Honours Bullshit Sat Dec 30 2017, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another year, same old bullshit.

So which "deserving" people have we got on the list this time?

Top of the list is Nick Clegg. Can you fucking believe it? Sir Nick Clegg. What the fuck has this twat ever done for society? It's disgraceful that any politician gets knighted, but fucking Nick Clegg??

I actually thought the next one was a joke. Wiley. Fucking Wiley. I'm told he's some wannabe gangsta who invented "grime" (or "utter shit" as I prefer to call it). For services to music!! What the fuck? If Wiley is getting an MBE why haven't Oasis or Steps or Ed Sheeran been awarded one - all sold more records than Wiley ever will.

Rick Stein. The chubby tv presenter. Now I quite like a bit of Rick Stein but he's been awarded CBE for "services to the economy". What a fucking joke. I'm guessing he's a multi-millionaire off the back of his books and tv deals, but how that makes him a favourite of the economy I don't really know. Is he handing the profits from his books back to the economy? Is he fuck.

Ringo Starr. Now clearly a great musician with one of the worlds biggest bands of all time, but that was 50 years ago. He's been knighted for "services to music", but surely the awards should be relevant to 2017 and not 1966! For most people under 40 he's the bloke who does the voices on Thomas The Tank Engine. Ridiculous.

Fuck me, Eamonn Holmes?? For services to broadcasting? Was he doing it for free? Was he fuck. I've no doubt he gets a fee almost as fat as his face. Absolutely disgraceful, the Queen should hang her head in shame.

John Curtice. Who the fuck is that you are no doubt asking. He's the bloke the BBC always drag out on election night to predict who is going to win. His knighthood is for, and get this, "high-profile work in political analysis". How the fuck is political analysis helping society? Just fuck off.

There are plenty more laughable awards, but I'm already seething and can't take any more. And I'm pretty mad that I haven't been made a dame for services to football forums. Twats!

2New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Sat Dec 30 2017, 14:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe in this bollocks. I turned the offer of a Knighthood down again this year.

They really do need to take the hint.

Brucie got one,so I'm happy enough.

3New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Sat Dec 30 2017, 15:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

More deserving of awards should be the military, emergency services after the shit that's gone down this year, and medical staff, what the fuck have all these so called celebrities contributed to the year?

4New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Sat Dec 30 2017, 16:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Marc Almond OBE !!! WTF

5New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Sat Dec 30 2017, 17:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Another year, same old bullshit.

Top of the list is Nick Clegg. Can you fucking believe it? Sir Nick Clegg. What the fuck has this twat ever done for society? It's disgraceful that any politician gets knighted, but fucking Nick Clegg??

I actually thought the next one was a joke. Wiley. Fucking Wiley. I'm told he's some wannabe gangsta who invented "grime" (or "utter shit" as I prefer to call it). For services to music!! What the fuck? If Wiley is getting an MBE why haven't Oasis or Steps or Ed Sheeran been awarded one - all sold more records than Wiley ever will.

Rick Stein. The chubby tv presenter. Now I quite like a bit of Rick Stein but he's been awarded CBE for "services to the economy". What a fucking joke. I'm guessing he's a multi-millionaire off the back of his books and tv deals, but how that makes him a favourite of the economy I don't really know. Is he handing the profits from his books back to the economy? Is he fuck.

Ringo Starr. Now clearly a great musician with one of the worlds biggest bands of all time, but that was 50 years ago. He's been knighted for "services to music", but surely the awards should be relevant to 2017 and not 1966! For most people under 40 he's the bloke who does the voices on Thomas The Tank Engine. Ridiculous.

Fuck me, Eamonn Holmes?? For services to broadcasting? Was he doing it for free? Was he fuck. I've no doubt he gets a fee almost as fat as his face. Absolutely disgraceful, the Queen should hang her head in shame.

John Curtice. Who the fuck is that you are no doubt asking. He's the bloke the BBC always drag out on election night to predict who is going to win. His knighthood is for, and get this, "high-profile work in political analysis". How the fuck is political analysis helping society? Just fuck off.

There are plenty more laughable awards, but I'm already seething and can't take any more. And I'm pretty mad that I haven't been made a dame for services to football forums. Twats!
A panto dame more like.

6New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Mon Jan 01 2018, 10:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Another year, same old bullshit.

I couldn't agree more. Jobs for the boys and all that. I'm surprised Keith Vaz didn't get the OBT.

7New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Probably got it for glugging down that gutful of biff.

8New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Tue Jan 02 2018, 11:07

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha thought you would be chuffed to see Chorley MP Lindsay Hoyle receive his Knighthood for services to people who don't know if they're from Bolton or Preston.

9New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Tue Jan 02 2018, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Natasha thought you would be chuffed to see Chorley MP Lindsay Hoyle receive his Knighthood for services to people who don't know if they're from Bolton or Preston.

He's a politician. No one should get a knighthood for doing his or her job.

10New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Tue Jan 02 2018, 11:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:Natasha thought you would be chuffed to see Chorley MP Lindsay Hoyle receive his Knighthood for services to people who don't know if they're from Bolton or Preston.

He's a politician. No one should get a knighthood for doing his or her job.

Mr Hoyle sadly lost his daughter earlier this month,so it must be difficult for his family to celebrate in any meaningful way.

11New Year Honours Bullshit Empty Re: New Year Honours Bullshit Tue Jan 02 2018, 15:58

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep Bonce i didn't know that when i posted, my wife told me earlier today. Very sad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum