Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winter Paralympics

+4
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Winter Paralympics Empty Winter Paralympics Fri Mar 09 2018, 17:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Wheelchair Curling team in action.

2Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Fri Mar 09 2018, 18:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing the Wheelchair Curling team in action.
Saw a clip of them training on tv today. It'd be interesting to know how easy it is for them to get access to decent facilities.

3Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sat Mar 10 2018, 23:16

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'm looking forward to the no-legged figure skating.

4Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sat Mar 10 2018, 23:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw some of the blind skiing. Takes some guts.

5Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sat Mar 10 2018, 23:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

RustyNail wrote:I'm looking forward to the no-legged figure skating.

Mate, I know for a fact that we have disabled posters on here.

You might think you're being funny but really you are just showing how pig ignorant and distasteful you really are.

I don't think a single person would choose to be disabled - would you?

So thank the Lord that you and yours are fine and stick taking the piss out of those less fortunate than ourselves, up your arse, where it belongs.

Thank you.

6Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 00:09

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

You've been waiting a while to have a go at me haven't you oh great one.

How do you know mine are fine. I don't know you, thank fuck. It's irrelevant, I like dark humour, as do many others. Your idea of something hilarious is probably a knock knock joke from the 70s or a classic episode of last of the summer wine.

Have you ever watched the last leg on Friday nights?Very funny program and my joke is very tame compared to what they come out with on there.

7Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 01:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You don't ridicule and belittle your own - that's how I know yours are fine.

There's a difference too between 'dark humour' and being in bad taste.

The world's moved on mate and it seems you're the one that's been left behind - not me.

Knowing now that there are disabled posters on here, it would have been decent of you to hold your hand up and apologise for any offence you may have unintendedly caused by your misguided 'joke' but you couldn't even have the good grace to do that.

Could you.

8Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 02:39

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some think humour is all encompassing, Sluffy. Doubt he'd be so chippy if he had a disabled person in his household. But it does indeed take all sorts.

9Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 15:31

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

No none of my family are disabled, they are all too busy being riddled with cancer, but again that's got nothing to do with it.

The joke is following on from something they did on the Last Leg during the paralympics. They showed a clip of blind/visually impaired football, which is as daft/ridiculous as it sounds. Now some might say they were laughing at the people doing it and that is why it isn't funny. But 2 of the presenters are disabled so are they allowed to laugh but nobody else is? Usually the audience is made up mostly of disabled people. Again, are they allowed to laugh but able bodied people aren't?

I think they would say something is funny because the situation is funny. They come out with a lot of cringey stuff, Josh milks the jokes about the fella having no hands, which was funny as first but now isn't, so the other 2 take the piss out of him for always making the same jokes.
They have lot of different guests on and it's interesting to see the ones who clearly don't know the show. They don't know how to react to some of the more full on jokes and you see that they don't know if they should laugh or not. The comedians usually fit in really well and of course they have a lot of paralympians on, as that is were the show started out.

You obviously aren't intelligent enough to watch it Sluffy, the humour is far too advanced. And yes the world has moved on. You are allowed to laugh at something that is funny without worrying who might be offended. Ricky Gervais has made a good career on this kind of risque comedy for years and he is pretty popular. If you don't find something funny that's fine, but don't try and pretend to be offended on behalf of the rest of the world.

Who made you spokesperson for the whole forum anyway? Oh yes you did, you arrogant prick.

10Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 16:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
RustyNail wrote:I'm looking forward to the no-legged figure skating.

Mate, I know for a fact that we have disabled posters on here.

You might think you're being funny but really you are just showing how pig ignorant and distasteful you really are.

I don't think a single person would choose to be disabled - would you?

So thank the Lord that you and yours are fine and stick taking the piss out of those less fortunate than ourselves, up your arse, where it belongs.

Thank you.

Only just seen this now and completely agree.

And I'm not up his arse before anyone starts!

11Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 16:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:No none of my family are disabled, they are all too busy being riddled with cancer, but again that's got nothing to do with it.

The joke is following on from something they did on the Last Leg during the paralympics. They showed a clip of blind/visually impaired football, which is as daft/ridiculous as it sounds. Now some might say they were laughing at the people doing it and that is why it isn't funny. But 2 of the presenters are disabled so are they allowed to laugh but nobody else is? Usually the audience is made up mostly of disabled people. Again, are they allowed to laugh but able bodied people aren't?

I think they would say something is funny because the situation is funny. They come out with a lot of cringey stuff, Josh milks the jokes about the fella having no hands, which was funny as first but now isn't, so the other 2 take the piss out of him for always making the same jokes.
They have lot of different guests on and it's interesting to see the ones who clearly don't know the show. They don't know how to react to some of the more full on jokes and you see that they don't know if they should laugh or not. The comedians usually fit in really well and of course they have a lot of paralympians on, as that is were the show started out.

You obviously aren't intelligent enough to watch it Sluffy, the humour is far too advanced. And yes the world has moved on. You are allowed to laugh at something that is funny without worrying who might be offended. Ricky Gervais has made a good career on this kind of risque comedy for years and he is pretty popular. If you don't find something funny that's fine, but don't try and pretend to be offended on behalf of the rest of the world.

Who made you spokesperson for the whole forum anyway? Oh yes you did, you arrogant prick.
Why do I feel that your first and second paragraphs that you have posted that you are trying to justify what you have posted? You are in the wrong end of!

I've watched the last leg on a quite regular basis and I don't recall any piss taking out of disabled people! 

You are the one is quite arrogant and pathetic mate tbh!

12Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 16:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

RustyNail wrote:No none of my family are disabled, they are all too busy being riddled with cancer, but again that's got nothing to do with it.

Yeah right, let's all pop around to yours to take the piss out of your loved ones cancer suffering, now that would be funny wouldn't it?  I'm sure you'd have no problem with complete strangers laughing at their distress and misfortune.  Would you?  I'm sure you'd simply stand by and let it happen without a word - because it's funny laughing at the afflicted.  

Isn't it?

You reckon I've not got the intelligence do you, well you might well be right about that but clearly the thing you've certainly not grasped about shows like The Last Leg is that you laugh WITH those with afflictions not AT THEM.

It's done in just the same way as to how black comedians can use the 'N' word whilst white comedians would be branded as racists if they did.

I'm amazed that someone who is as obviously as clever and as smart as you hasn't grasped that.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your family's cancer misfortune, mine is suffering to, I hope things get better for them.  I've seen my love ones suffer and die from it.  

You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy.

13Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 17:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tricky business,humour. Funny? Or not? You decide.

My girlfriend broke up with me because I stole her wheelchair.
But I knew she’d come crawling back to me.

To the guy in the wheelchair who stole my camouflage jacket… You can hide, but you can’t run.

“What do we want?”
“HEARING AIDS!”
“When do we want them?”
“HEARING AIDS!”

I met a guy in a wheelchair today. His face was battered and bruised. “What happened to your face?” I asked.
“I’m a Paralympian,” he replied.
“Boxing?”
“No, … hurdles.”

What do you call a nun in a wheelchair?
Virgin mobile.

These were all passed on to me by a disabled guy I used to work with. He sent me a link to a page full of them.
Yes,tricky business,humour.

14Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 17:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
“What do we want?”
“HEARING AIDS!”
“When do we want them?”
“HEARING AIDS!”

Permission to laugh, Sir!

15Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 17:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What  is the favourite breakfast cereal of disabled people?  ---------------------------  CRIPPLES!!!

What do disabled people like for their dinner? ---------------------------------------RAMP STEAK!!!!

My initial post was ironic.

I know what it is like to skid around on ice in a wheelchair.  The thought of curling in a wheelchair just amuses me.

16Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 18:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember speaking to a guy at the hospital,who'd been born with no arms,and in the course of our conversation,I asked him if he'd ever cursed fate that he wasn't normal.
He gave me a puzzled look,and said,"I am normal. This is normal for me. I've never known what it's like to have arms".

17Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Sun Mar 11 2018, 20:18

Climb out Karly.

18Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Mon Mar 12 2018, 00:18

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

But sluffy I am laughing with them you numb cunt. That's why I am carrying on the joke that they started on the show. You still don't get it do you, you senile old wanker?

What in my original post suggests I am laughing AT disabled people? What I did was suggest I was looking forward to watching an event that I made up, because it was so ridiculous that obviously it could never exist. Do you get it now, or do you want me to explain it further so your tiny brain can understand it?

19Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Mon Mar 12 2018, 11:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

RustyNail wrote:But sluffy I am laughing with them you numb cunt. That's why I am carrying on the joke that they started on the show. You still don't get it do you, you senile old wanker?

What in my original post suggests I am laughing  AT  disabled people? What I did was suggest I was looking forward to watching an event that I made up, because it was so ridiculous that obviously it could never exist. Do you get it now, or do you want me to explain it further so your tiny brain can understand it?

I doubt a single person believes your explanation - but the point has gotten across to you now, so no doubt with your immense brain you won't make such a mistake again - so some good as come from it all.

20Winter Paralympics Empty Re: Winter Paralympics Mon Mar 12 2018, 15:04

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Curling is a winter sport which usually takes place between late September and early April, although the season varies between individual ice rinks.
There are 22 ice rinks in Scotland which have facilities for curling. Some rinks are dedicated to curling whilst others are multi-sport with ice skating, ice hockey and speed skating.
England’s only dedicated Ice Curling Rink is Fenton’s located near Tunbridge Wells in Kent. The home of curling in Wales is the Deeside Ice Rink in Queensferry, Flintshire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum