You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Squeaky Bum Time starts now

Squeaky Bum Time starts now

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 14:28

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Hull 41 pts      Reading 39 pts  Bolton 39 pts   Birm 39 pts    Barnsley 37 pts   

QPR        H     Preston     H      Derby     A       Burton     H    Ipswich        A
Burton    A      Fulham     A      Millwall   H       Brist Cty   A    Bolton         H
Shef W   H      Sundy      H       Barnsley A       Wolves     A    Leeds          A
Brist Cty A      Shef W     A       Wolves   H       Sheff U     H   Nott F          A
Cardiff    H      Ipswich    H       Burton   A        QPR         A    Brent          H
Brentf     A      Cardiff      A      Nott F    H        Fulham    H     Derby         A

We need at least two wins to stay up... and one of them must be against Barnsley.
If it comes down to it, we must improve our GD... which will be difficult.  

This is definitely squeaky bum time folks.

2 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 14:33

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hull 41 pts      Reading 39 pts  Bolton 39 pts   Birm 39 pts    Barnsley 37 pts   

QPR        H     Preston     H      Derby     A       Burton     H    Ipswich        A
Burton    A      Fulham     A      Millwall   H       Brist Cty   A    Bolton         H
Shef W   H      Sundy      H       Barnsley A       Wolves     A    Leeds          A
Brist Cty A      Shef W     A       Wolves   H       Sheff U     H   Nott F          A
Cardiff    H      Ipswich    H       Burton   A        QPR         A    Brent          H
Brentf     A      Cardiff      A      Nott F    H        Fulham    H     Derby         A

We need at least two wins to stay up... and one of them must be against Barnsley.
If it comes down to it, we must improve our GD... which will be difficult.  

This is definitely squeaky bum time folks.
It started a long way back, although several people disagreed when it was suggested back in February. The remaining games between the bottom six clubs will be key, starting with Brum v Burton today.

3 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 15:42

Dunkels King

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Parky needs to just go for it now. We are 2-0 down today so game over. Away at Barnsley and Burton and at home to Millwall and Forest, just go all out attack (I know he doesn't understand that concept though). Wolves will be up by the time they visit us so might already be planning their holidays, and Burton should be down by the time we go there, so again, they might already be on the beach. Not getting at least a point against Birmingham was a real disaster.


OK. Sunderland and Burton are both winning now, so it gets worse !

4 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:17

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Hull 44 pts      Reading 42 pts  Bolton 39 pts   Birm 40 pts    Barnsley 37 pts   

Burton    A      Fulham     A      Millwall   H       Brist Cty         Ipswich       A
Shef W   H      Sundy      H       Barnsley A       Wolves     A    Bolton         H
Brist Cty A      Shef W     A       Wolves   H       Sheff U     H   Leeds          A
                                                                              A   Nott F        A
Cardiff    H      Ipswich    H       Burton   A        QPR         A    Brent          H
Brentf     A      Cardiff      A      Nott F    H        Fulham    H     Derby         A



So now we have to beat Barnsley and hope they play worse than we will towards the end.
We have gone from a 5% chance of relegation to 36% (Barnsley is at 35%).

I fear we will finish the season as we started it...  2 points from 11 at the top... and 2 points from the last 8.  Not sure if Parky can inspire these players on the pitch. Perhaps put Ken Anderson on the pitch with contracts in his hand?

5 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:26

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't see us winning again. Confidence is low, the fans are turning on the manager, and Buckley is still being paid.

Parky out.

6 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:28

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Hmm agree with Nat, think we’re only going one way at this point.

7 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:31

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Squeaky? I've been sounding like the Queen Mary coming in to dock for weeks.

I'm way past squeaking.

8 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:47

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Squeaky? I've been sounding like the Queen Mary coming in to dock for weeks.

I'm way past squeaking.

Following through now?

9 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:05

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Squeaky? I've been sounding like the Queen Mary coming in to dock for weeks.

I'm way past squeaking.

Following through now?
I will be if Buckley starts against Millwall.

10 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:07

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think we would have done better if we had Nat playing every position...  obviously could not be worse.

11 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:10

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we would have done better if we had Nat playing every position...  obviously could not be worse.

Do you mean like if she was spread eagle more than Alnwick to try and save those 3 goals? Shocked

12 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sat Apr 07 2018, 18:28

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
No need to worry lads, Sluffy said we won't go down, and when is he ever wrong?

13 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sun Apr 08 2018, 14:00

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We still have Burton and Barnsley to play yet who are in the relegation zone.

If we can get these two wins and perhaps a point against Forest then we will be fine.

Our fate is still in our hands.

14 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sun Apr 08 2018, 14:07

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes, our away record suggests that will definitely happen.

15 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sun Apr 08 2018, 14:09

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We still have Burton and Barnsley to play yet who are in the relegation zone.

If we can get these two wins and perhaps a point against Forest then we will be fine.


Our fate is still in our hands.
I had you down as having more sense than that, we have the worst away record in the league, and can't see anything changing with the weak as fuck Parkinson leading them into battle.

16 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sun Apr 08 2018, 14:13

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Beating Burton and especially Barnsley away from home given our away form seems extremely unlikely.

Millwall are normally good for us but as they are pushing for a play off spot I don't feel very optimisic about Tuesday. Lose to Millwall and Barnsley and we are definitely down.

17 Re: Squeaky Bum Time starts now on Sun Apr 08 2018, 16:16

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There are 3 points available in every game and we have no "easy" games so it doesn't matter where or when we pick up points. The danger in targeting future games is that it diminishes the urgency/ importance of the next game and I suspect there's been a bit of that going on at BWFC. 
The only thing that will halt our slide is a massive upturn in performance and nothing else should matter.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum