Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Bolton players strike!! Empty Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Bolton players are on strike due to unpaid wages.  No game tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PLAYERS at Bolton Wanderers are boycotting tomorrow’s friendly against St Mirren because of unpaid wages and bonuses.
A statement issued from the squad via The Bolton News this evening states players have taken a stand over what they feel is “totally unacceptable” treatment from the club.
It read: “Due to circumstances beyond our control, we as a team have decided with deep regret we will not be playing tomorrow’s game against St Mirren.
“We have been put in an impossible position which has forced our decision, and we would like to explain our reasons why.

“Over the past two seasons we as a club have experienced unprecedented success in first achieving promotion to the Championship, then staying in the league last season.
“This was achieved despite extremely difficult circumstances. All players, current and past, who were contracted to the club have contributed to this success.
“Over the course of the two years on numerous occasions contracted players have not been paid on time. This has culminated in certain players not receiving their June wage.
“On each occasion this has happened we have received no notification or an explanation as to why. We feel this is totally unacceptable after a huge effort from everybody over the last two seasons.

“Regrettably, as a group, this has led to the decision. We unreservedly apologise to any supporters that have made plans to come and watch the game.”
In July last year staff and players were left without their promotion bonuses – with Anderson citing the uncertainty between his then co-owner Dean Holdsworth and finance company BluMarble, who had issued a winding-up order against the former striker’s company, Sports Shield BWFC.
Former full-back Dean Moxey voiced his upset on social media at the time, prompting the following comments from chairman, Ken Anderson.
“Going forward, I will be looking at how and when bonuses are paid in the future as the timing has an adverse affect on our cash flow as we are paying out the bonuses before we have received any monies from the EFL and at a time when little or no funds are being generated.

“You can imagine the problem it would cause if we were fortunate enough to be promoted to the Premier League this season where bonuses at most clubs run into millions.
“I have to say I thought the comments on social media from Dean Moxey were disappointing and unnecessary, particularly from a player who has been paid handsomely based on the number of games he started last season.
“As far, as I am aware, the salaries have not been paid late every month as he has stated.”

2Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What the fuck. That cunt superagent tweeted a photo this morning, something about him keeping his head whilst everyone else panicked. Full well knowing that his daddy hadn’t paid wages, sick of these cockney twats now

3Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want these barrow boys out.

4Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Players not paid wages for the last two months? Wtf? What about the Wanderers fans who will have travelled up to Scotland today? Is it worth me renewing my ST?  Shocked

5Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be a sign that a takeover is imminent. That’s just me clutching at straws

6Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 19:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Could be a sign that a takeover is imminent. That’s just me clutching at straws
We might need the ST after all. Razz

7Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 20:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken can’t be this stupid, surely?

8Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 20:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was actually feeling positive for the coming season.

9Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 20:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
Bolton. Always thought they had a strong and good dressing room. Confirmed this evening.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More
Alan Nixon Retweeted Alistair stubbs
Complete meltdown. No investors in place yet. Despite supposedly being after one for well over a year now.

More
Alan Nixon Retweeted Craig Greenhalgh
You need someone with money to be found. There’s nothing there yet.[/size]

10Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 20:56

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Could be a sign that a takeover is imminent. That’s just me clutching at straws
Whittam Industries to take over the club.  Nat to manage the club.  Neymar and Messi decide to join the club to be near Nat.  What a wonderful scenario!

11Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disappointed Boggers didn't give us a heads up about this.

Does this mean Victor isn't coming?

13Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Disappointed Boggers didn't give us a heads up about this.

Does this mean Victor isn't coming?
We'll have to make do with Gordon Taylor.

14Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:06

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What's he done with the £6 million he got for Madine, other than pay for Lee a 5 star holiday in Dubai?

15Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worrying headline.

Circus clown goes missing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has culminated in certain players not receiving their June wage.

Could this be as simple as the released players not being paid bonuses? Let's be honest, Ken isn't going to be dashing down to the bank to make payments to players who have already fooked off.

Storm in a teacup. Some of the abuse being sent LA's way is embarrassing.

Ken will have it sorted by the end of the weekend.

17Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A strike isn't a storm in a tea cup. I know a couple of lads who have travelled up to see the game,and are far from amused.
Catweazle ought to be giving us a tweet,at the very least. Not normally so reticent.

18Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Never ever felt this gutted, who the hell will join us now.!!!!!!!

19Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A strike isn't a storm in a tea cup. I know a couple of lads who have travelled up to see the game,and are far from amused.
Catweazle ought to be giving us a tweet,at the very least. Not normally so reticent.

To be fair, I've been warning people not to bother with friendlies for years. Here's why.

20Bolton players strike!! Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 21:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure my mates will have a good time in Scotland. They could go to a pub and watch the England game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum