Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

31Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 23:52

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ken has said before that in the off season, money is a problem as there isn't as much happening.

While I agree that players shouldn't have to wait for their money, they shouldn't go on strike over it. Them doing so a day before a game is very selfish, especially when some fans will now be out of pocket. Not to mention that most of this sorry lot almost got us relegated last year, and they need all the Pre-season preparation they can get.

32Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Fri Jul 06 2018, 23:56

So if you didn’t get paid for two months you’d just sit and wait?

33Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 00:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:So if you didn’t get paid for two months you’d just sit and wait?

Whose not been paid for two months?

The article says 'some' players haven't been paid for June and it's only the 7th July today.

34Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 00:07

Never said they haven’t?

My question remains the same LT.

35Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 00:21

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As Sluffy pointed out, the statement says a select few. Should any of my work colleagues not get paid on time, I wouldn't kick up and fuss and go on strike. Is it wrong? Yes. Should players go to extreme lengths to ruin our pre season and potentially mess up our entire season? No!

36Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 00:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:As Sluffy pointed out, the statement says a select few. Should any of my work colleagues not get paid on time, I wouldn't kick up and fuss and go on strike. Is it wrong? Yes. Should players go to extreme lengths to ruin our pre season and potentially mess up our entire season? No!

I guess for the players to go on strike, then it must mean something serious to them.

All I was saying (apart from let's hear the other side of the story first) is that they could easily have made their statement and even said all future friendly games would not be played until the matter is resolved satisfactorily but due to fans of both sides having made commitments to the St Mirren game which is less than 24 hours away they will, out of good intent to all, honour and play the game and donate their match fees to a local charity.

How hard would that have been, they would have made their point and nobody needed to have suffered such as Glos who is travelling up from Gloucestershire for the game and Celtic Wanderers nine year old son wanting to watch his favourite team Bolton for the very first time!

Consideration is not just a one way street.

37Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 07:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another side effect of this is that it might well scupper the signing of any new players- the famed 8 that Parky wants. Would you join a firm where the business doesn't pay the wages?

38Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 08:09

Leeds_Trotter wrote:As Sluffy pointed out, the statement says a select few. Should any of my work colleagues not get paid on time, I wouldn't kick up and fuss and go on strike. Is it wrong? Yes. Should players go to extreme lengths to ruin our pre season and potentially mess up our entire season? No!

Each to their own, but i would kick off if anyone in my business didn’t get paid. Particularly as this is not the first time.

39Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:04

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

In view of the statement issued by the players yesterday l would like to make the following observations.
[size=26]1) With the exception of one player ALL the players have been paid their salaries.
[/size]

[size=26]The player who was not paid his salary has not been involved at the club for the last two seasons. When the salaries were paid at the end of last month, discussions were ongoing with two clubs about a possible loan / transfer of the player.
[/size]

[size=26]The player had publicly stated that he was happy to continue his stay at the club where he was on loan last season. Indeed the player’s agent was also talking to clubs about a possible loan / transfer. This player is the club’s highest paid player and costs the club in excess of £1 million a season.

2) The Championship retention bonuses and loyalty fees were planned and authorised to  the bank for payment on Friday. .However, the players gave me an ultimatum that unless these sums were received on Friday they would not take part in the game planned for Saturday against St Mirren.
[/size]

[size=26]Having personally assisted in funding many of the payments for the players’ salaries, for the majority of the time that l have been involved with the club,  I was not prepared to be threatened or blackmailed.
It is misleading to say that they have not been paid on time, as for many months now,  ALL the staff at the club have been paid on time,  particularly since l have been the majority shareholder.
[/size]

[size=26]A number of the players who were on the tour have no outstanding bonuses and have no reason to be in dispute.
[/size]

[size=26]3) None of the players who extended their contracts raised any concerns about previous problems as suggested in their statement and virtually every player we released wished to extend their stay. These are not the actions of a disaffected group, I am sure you would agree.
[/size]

[size=26]To put it into perspective the net amount outstanding to those on the tour was about 2.5% of the annual gross total player payroll.
[/size]

[size=26]I have never hidden the details of the financial crisis the club was in upon my arrival and the problems going forward.
The support from the non-playing staff, supporters, suppliers and the football family has been unwavering and the reason why I continue to support financially from my family’s wealth.

It is very disappointing that those few individuals who have been handsomely rewarded for their services have chosen to take such an aggressive stance and tarnish the name of our club and caused such inconvenience to those who have supported them so unreservedly.

4) It is very unfortunate that the players took the decision not to play today and the club will take the appropriate actions against those involved.

Hopefully the players who chose not to play today will personally reimburse the supporters for their loss and inconvenience caused by their actions.

I have of course seen the comments in the Bolton News on Friday and have to say that l am disappointed that those involved did not wait to see my  response  before personally commenting in the media and on social media, or even make any attempt to contact me for my view.

Of course, contracts are contracts, but as often happens in business and in life generally things happen that affect all manner of contracts. As we are all aware, these same contracts are often ignored by players as well when it suits them.

I stated last summer about my views on paying players’ bonuses in June, long before the club receive their bonus in August and my views on this have not changed. The same cash flow problems will continue to occur in the quiet non=playing months when there is little or no revenue for many clubs and businesses, as long as  ‘Football Creditors‘ are treated differently to anyone else and as everyone knows, the players are always guaranteed payment one way or the other and before anyone else. Hopefully, in the future players’ contracts will address this problem so that they are paid at the same time as the clubs.

As regards, the comments about the player sales, these funds have been used to keep the club alive over the last two years due in the main to the excessive and unsustainable salaries previously paid to and for players. As long as l am involved, I will continue to do my best to run the club in a commercially prudent manner to try to ensure that going forward the club will not again suffer from the same mistakes of the past and work to eradicate the trading losses that caused these financial problems.

I will not be making any further statements on these matters.

[/size]

40Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:10

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If he had put this statement out before the press got hold of it things would of been a lot different

The players supporting a player who is on 2 or 3 times more than them while disappointing hundreds of travelling fans who are out of pocket is not on.  The player hasnt played for us for two years.  

Yes we have a responsibility to keep contractual agreements but like with dean moxey last year, i doubt he will be in need of a food bank.

As has already been stated by others posters, june is a tough month for the club, yes it should of been planned for but for the fans who have forked out on tickets and train tickets (in some cases twice due to the time change) i think that the players who are on many many times their salary should reimburse them.

As for iles, i think he is an utter bellend.  Knew no facts yet couldnt wait to dig the knife in.

Maybe ken was hoping amos would be gone by now and with the salary he is on , maybe thats another reason we have not been able to bring in the players we would like to.

Just my opinion

41Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will not be making any further statement?

Very kind of him.

42Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:28

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

At the end of the day the anti anderson brigade jumped on it without knowing any facts (due to iles piss poor reporting) and managed to gain a few new members.

It is KA's fault for not getting ahead of it

Due to our history with chairmen and owners its a lot easier to have distrust and be able to say i told you so than actually back them for the impossible juggling act they are doing

43Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Whyve you deleted your post Nat

44Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because she’s a shithouse

45Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a great start to the season when the Chairman is accusing his players of blackmail.

46Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:48

y2johnny wrote:At the end of the day the anti anderson brigade jumped on it without knowing any facts (due to iles piss poor reporting) and managed to gain a few new members.

Due to our history with chairmen and owners its a lot easier to have distrust and be able to say i told you so than actually back them for the impossible juggling act they are doing

As I said before, this doesn’t need to be pro or anti-Anderson. 

He’s done a fine job so far in balancing the books and running the club on a shoestring, but players going on strike is massively damaging and that’s down to his mis management - regardless of how you feel about players salaries they are well within their rights to take this action.

There’s no need to praise everything he does or to criticise everything, each event can and should be judged in isolation (although with context). And driving players to strike is a shit show. Simple as that.

47Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Emotions were high in the immediate aftermath. But having had time to calm down and reflect I think that ken should FUCKING SACK THE LOT OF THEM! FULL ON STRIKE FOR THAT GINGER BELLEND WHO HASNT BEEN NEAR THE CLUB FOR TWO YEARS AND HAD NO PART IN OUR SURVIVAL BUT WAS A SHINING LIGHT IN OUR RELEGATION.

48Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So not as clear cut as first thought just one player and the one we all want off the wage bill, of course the principal still stands but both sides have had a knee jerk reaction by taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. 

The problem is that it will do untold damage, the chairman now as issues with his staff, the manager is piggy in the middle, the fans feel the season is now potentially ruined and the chance of bringing in new players is now much harder, and possibly the good atmosphere within the squad that got us and kept us up is under threat as well. Shambolic but Ken will some how bring it round ?

49Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am 100% behind the chairman. Sack the fucking lot of 'em, ungrateful wankers.

They've turned a minor irritant into a big deal, embarrassing the club in the process.

And let's not forget, many of these wankers demanding their money were the same players who "played" at Burton. The fuckers should be paying us!

50Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
y2johnny wrote:At the end of the day the anti anderson brigade jumped on it without knowing any facts (due to iles piss poor reporting) and managed to gain a few new members.

As I said before, this doesn’t need to be pro or anti-Anderson. 

He’s done a fine job so far in balancing the books and running the club on a shoestring, but players going on strike is massively damaging and that’s down to his mis management - regardless of how you feel about players salaries they are well within their rights to take this action.

There’s no need to praise everything he does or to criticise everything, each event can and should be judged in isolation (although with context). And driving players to strike is a shit show. Simple as that.

I hear what you say about being pro or anti-Anderson but that simple fact is the vast majority of the reaction to the news of the strike was from extremely abusive anti-Andersons.

If you don't believe read the comments (particularly the initial comments) in these -

Lee Anderson's last tweet before the news broke -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Marc Iles initial article in the Bolton News -

Iles tweet breaking the news -

There's plenty more extremely abusive tweets around and God knows what's been put on Face book.

And all before a single one of them heard anything from the Anderson's side of the story - the initial hatred and abuse ALL came from an anti-Anderson perspective.

I also see Iles is once again waving the ST flag - what a surprise!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum