Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Yanic Wildschut signs on loan

+9
wessy
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
karlypants
Norpig
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm the signing of Yanic Wildschut on loan from Norwich City.

The 26-year-old moves to Macron Stadium on a temporary deal for the duration of the 2018/19 season and becomes the Whites’ fifth signing of the summer transfer window.

A former Netherlands Under-21s international, the winger spent the second half of last season on loan at Cardiff City as the Bluebirds won promotion to the Premier League.

Coming through the youth ranks at Ajax, Wildschut’s first taste of English football came when he joined Middlesbrough in September 2014 following spells in his homeland with FC Zwolle, VVV Venlo, SC Heerenveen and ADO Den Haag.

Joining Wigan Athletic on loan in October 2015, the move was made permanent the following January with the forward’s efforts winning him a place in the PFA Team of the Year as the Latics won promotion as Sky Bet League One champions.

On the move again in January 2017, he signed for Norwich in a £7m deal before finishing last season in South Wales.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after joining the club, Wildschut said: “It feels great to be here. I spoke to the manager this morning and he gave me a good feeling - he made me want to sign for Bolton Wanderers with what he said to me.

"I have been in England now for four years and I think I know how the league works. Hopefully I can help the club to have a very good season in 2018/19."

Manager Phil Parkinson added: “I am really pleased that Yanic has signed for Bolton Wanderers and he will be an excellent acquisition for us.

“He offers real pace and power and I am sure he will excite our fans.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Class signing. Really need a top goal scorer now, topped up with a youngster on loan from the prem and a few signings similar to Jason Lowe/Donaldson

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd never heard of him to be honest

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i remember hearing his name a lot when he was at Wigan, hope he's better than Brickfeet and Noone.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'd never heard of him to be honest

Your not the only one.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Be good to have a discussion with actual football fans.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I presume you always followed his career

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Be good to have a discussion with actual football fans.

I'm not familiar with players on the fringes of other clubs.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I presume you always followed his career

No but I don’t live under a rock either.

Very good signing if we get the player he was at wigan big if given his recent history but certainly a good signing.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lee Anderson tweeted a carpenters video "we've only just begun"

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree with Boggers. Decent signing.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Have to agree with Boggers. Decent signing.

Plays on the left wing so I guess he will be pushing out your favourite player from the first team.

Hope you won't be too gutted about that!

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going to cut young Will some slack this season Sluffy. Let him start with a clean slate.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

I've had my fun with him,but I really hope he can push on.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great signing when i read Wigan was after him returning i thought great move BUT he's a Wanderer now. Hopefully the pessimistic crew will start to shut up. This one with Oz starts to excite. If the next 6 are anywhere near this guy then we will be fine.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wasn't good enough for Middlesbrough or Norwich but did well for Wigan albeit mostly in the 3rd tier.

For Wigan to get £7 million for him is a better deal than Ken managed for Madine, who was actually our top scorer in the 2nd tier.

If Wigan wanted him back it suggests he is at least good enough for teams aiming to avoid the drop if not clubs with bigger ambitions such as Boro and Norwich

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

With Morias gone Parky's still short five wingers !!!

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:Wasn't good enough for Middlesbrough or Norwich but did well for Wigan albeit mostly in the 3rd tier.

For Wigan to get £7 million for him is a better deal than Ken managed for Madine, who was actually our top scorer in the 2nd tier.

If Wigan wanted him back it suggests he is at least good enough for teams aiming to avoid the drop if not clubs with bigger ambitions such as Boro and Norwich
Did Wigan really want him? Seen they signed Callum Mcmanman back from Sunderland who is a far better player.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
Growler wrote:Wasn't good enough for Middlesbrough or Norwich but did well for Wigan albeit mostly in the 3rd tier.

Did Wigan really want him? Seen they signed Callum Mcmanman back from Sunderland who is a far better player.
As regards Norwich, word is Farke never liked Wildschut on a personal level despite all the nice things he says about him publicly. They brought in a couple of better players who are doing really well - they just drew 1 - 1 at Wolfsburg in a preseason friendly and are targeting promotion this season. Wildschut was sent out to Cardiff last year to prove himself, but it didn't work out for him and in the end only played 10 games and didn't show anything that would change Farke's mind. It's been a while since Wildschut showed the kind of form that got him the big move so he really is a gamble - but that can be said of all Parky's signings so far. 
And Parky has to gamble given our financial situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum