Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

London Underground - Oyster Card VS 7-day Travel Card

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will be in London for 4 days and I was going to buy the daily off peak travel card. Noticed that I could shave off 16 quid with buying the 7-day travel card than purchasing 3 individual day travel cards.

I have since seen online that the Oyster Card that they do can cost as little as £6.80 for unlimited journeys per day in zones 1 & 2 per person.

I have 4 adults going.

Does anyone have experience with all this?

Thanks

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The most you’ll pay is I think £8 per adult per day. You don’t even need an Oyster card you can just use a contactless card.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The most you’ll pay is I think £8 per adult per day.  You don’t even need an Oyster card you can just use a contactless card.

Well for an off peak travel pass thing it seems to be £12.70.

I remember when I went to London just over 10 years ago it was about £8 per day.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought I would update the thread for anyone going down to that London.

We ended up getting Oyster cards which included a £5 deposit that you actually get back.

The contactless payment via bank card method for swiping in and out per journey can only be used for one person which was no good for 4 adults.

You usually top it up with the amount you think you will use. We simply stuck £20 on each one and by the end up the trip, we went to the machine and received a refund for the remaining balance plus £5 card deposit.

Hope this helps anyone going to London. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum