Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 50]

1anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 03 2018, 16:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think behind closed doors matches would serve just as well as friendlies if training's all you want. But PSF's are usually about raising awareness or generating some money depending on who you are. I suspect all ours are away because Ken figured out allowing other events at the Macron would make more money than a game between us and some non league or lower league outfit.

Personally I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping whomever plays for us in the ones we do have all come through unscathed.

2anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 03 2018, 17:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt any Bolton friendly has ever made the club any money.

3anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 03 2018, 17:23

Legs get broken in training, but these accidents are the exception not the rule. Lust is correct that pre-season is to build fitness and that’s it - have the same argument every year with people panicking because we don’t win every game.

4anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 03 2018, 17:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I doubt any Bolton friendly has ever made the club any money.

In the same way that staff training in any business doesn't directly bring income?

5anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 03 2018, 18:38

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The only time we've had glamorous foreign oppositon for a PSF at the Reebok was Inter Milan and they are not in the same league  as say Real Madrid or Barcelona.The East Stand lower was full and people went home without getting in.It was a cock up through underestimating the attendance.
Whether we made any money i don't know, glamorous clubs need paying a fee to play at your ground, it was a fun experience for the fans to see Bolton play one of the Italian giants though.No danger of that with Ken

6anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know this as been posted up elsewhere but I'll post it again just so it fits into the chronologically of the thread if we ever need to look back and refer to it (as I expect we will!).

In view of the statement issued by the players yesterday l would like to make the following observations.
1) With the exception of one player ALL the players have been paid their salaries.

The player who was not paid his salary has not been involved at the club for the last two seasons. When the salaries were paid at the end of last month, discussions were ongoing with two clubs about a possible loan / transfer of the player.

The player had publicly stated that he was happy to continue his stay at the club where he was on loan last season. Indeed the player’s agent was also talking to clubs about a possible loan / transfer. This player is the club’s highest paid player and costs the club in excess of £1 million a season.

2) The Championship retention bonuses and loyalty fees were planned and authorised to the bank for payment on Friday. .However, the players gave me an ultimatum that unless these sums were received on Friday they would not take part in the game planned for Saturday against St Mirren.

Having personally assisted in funding many of the payments for the players’ salaries, for the majority of the time that l have been involved with the club, I was not prepared to be threatened or blackmailed.
It is misleading to say that they have not been paid on time, as for many months now, ALL the staff at the club have been paid on time, particularly since l have been the majority shareholder.

A number of the players who were on the tour have no outstanding bonuses and have no reason to be in dispute.

3) None of the players who extended their contracts raised any concerns about previous problems as suggested in their statement and virtually every player we released wished to extend their stay. These are not the actions of a disaffected group, I am sure you would agree.

To put it into perspective the net amount outstanding to those on the tour was about 2.5% of the annual gross total player payroll.

I have never hidden the details of the financial crisis the club was in upon my arrival and the problems going forward.
The support from the non-playing staff, supporters, suppliers and the football family has been unwavering and the reason why I continue to support financially from my family’s wealth.

It is very disappointing that those few individuals who have been handsomely rewarded for their services have chosen to take such an aggressive stance and tarnish the name of our club and caused such inconvenience to those who have supported them so unreservedly.

4) It is very unfortunate that the players took the decision not to play today and the club will take the appropriate actions against those involved.

Hopefully the players who chose not to play today will personally reimburse the supporters for their loss and inconvenience caused by their actions.

I have of course seen the comments in the Bolton News on Friday and have to say that l am disappointed that those involved did not wait to see my response before personally commenting in the media and on social media, or even make any attempt to contact me for my view.

Of course, contracts are contracts, but as often happens in business and in life generally things happen that affect all manner of contracts. As we are all aware, these same contracts are often ignored by players as well when it suits them.

I stated last summer about my views on paying players’ bonuses in June, long before the club receive their bonus in August and my views on this have not changed. The same cash flow problems will continue to occur in the quiet non=playing months when there is little or no revenue for many clubs and businesses, as long as ‘Football Creditors‘ are treated differently to anyone else and as everyone knows, the players are always guaranteed payment one way or the other and before anyone else. Hopefully, in the future players’ contracts will address this problem so that they are paid at the same time as the clubs.

As regards, the comments about the player sales, these funds have been used to keep the club alive over the last two years due in the main to the excessive and unsustainable salaries previously paid to and for players. As long as l am involved, I will continue to do my best to run the club in a commercially prudent manner to try to ensure that going forward the club will not again suffer from the same mistakes of the past and work to eradicate the trading losses that caused these financial problems.

I will not be making any further statements on these matters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I know this as been posted up elsewhere but I'll post it again just so it fits into the chronologically of the thread if we ever need to look back and refer to it (as I expect we will!).

In view of the statement issued by the players yesterday l would like to make the following observations.
1) With the exception of one player ALL the players have been paid their salaries.

The player who was not paid his salary has not been involved at the club for the last two seasons. When the salaries were paid at the end of last month, discussions were ongoing with two clubs about a possible loan / transfer of the player.

The player had publicly stated that he was happy to continue his stay at the club where he was on loan last season. Indeed the player’s agent was also talking to clubs about a possible loan / transfer. This player is the club’s highest paid player and costs the club in excess of £1 million a season.

2) The Championship retention bonuses and loyalty fees were planned and authorised to  the bank for payment on Friday. .However, the players gave me an ultimatum that unless these sums were received on Friday they would not take part in the game planned for Saturday against St Mirren.

Having personally assisted in funding many of the payments for the players’ salaries, for the majority of the time that l have been involved with the club,  I was not prepared to be threatened or blackmailed.
It is misleading to say that they have not been paid on time, as for many months now,  ALL the staff at the club have been paid on time,  particularly since l have been the majority shareholder.

A number of the players who were on the tour have no outstanding bonuses and have no reason to be in dispute.

3) None of the players who extended their contracts raised any concerns about previous problems as suggested in their statement and virtually every player we released wished to extend their stay. These are not the actions of a disaffected group, I am sure you would agree.

To put it into perspective the net amount outstanding to those on the tour was about 2.5% of the annual gross total player payroll.

I have never hidden the details of the financial crisis the club was in upon my arrival and the problems going forward.
The support from the non-playing staff, supporters, suppliers and the football family has been unwavering and the reason why I continue to support financially from my family’s wealth.

It is very disappointing that those few individuals who have been handsomely rewarded for their services have chosen to take such an aggressive stance and tarnish the name of our club and caused such inconvenience to those who have supported them so unreservedly.

4) It is very unfortunate that the players took the decision not to play today and the club will take the appropriate actions against those involved.

Hopefully the players who chose not to play today will personally reimburse the supporters for their loss and inconvenience caused by their actions.

I have of course seen the comments in the Bolton News on Friday and have to say that l am disappointed that those involved did not wait to see my  response  before personally commenting in the media and on social media, or even make any attempt to contact me for my view.

Of course, contracts are contracts, but as often happens in business and in life generally things happen that affect all manner of contracts. As we are all aware, these same contracts are often ignored by players as well when it suits them.

I stated last summer about my views on paying players’ bonuses in June, long before the club receive their bonus in August and my views on this have not changed. The same cash flow problems will continue to occur in the quiet non=playing months when there is little or no revenue for many clubs and businesses, as long as  ‘Football Creditors‘ are treated differently to anyone else and as everyone knows, the players are always guaranteed payment one way or the other and before anyone else. Hopefully, in the future players’ contracts will address this problem so that they are paid at the same time as the clubs.

As regards, the comments about the player sales, these funds have been used to keep the club alive over the last two years due in the main to the excessive and unsustainable salaries previously paid to and for players. As long as l am involved, I will continue to do my best to run the club in a commercially prudent manner to try to ensure that going forward the club will not again suffer from the same mistakes of the past and work to eradicate the trading losses that caused these financial problems.

I will not be making any further statements on these matters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i.e. I'll spin it the way I want to and everyone else can STFU.

8anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:i.e. I'll spin it the way I want to and everyone else can STFU.

Or alternatively tell it the way it is.

No need to spin anything if those are the facts.

Even Iles is now back pedalling on the numbers of players not paid in June as it's turned out to be just one following Ken's statement - and not many as his article implied.

9anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:11

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:i.e. I'll spin it the way I want to and everyone else can STFU.

Or alternatively tell it the way it is.

No need to spin anything if those are the facts.

Even Iles is now back pedalling on the numbers of players not paid in June as it's turned out to be just one following Ken's statement - and not many as his article implied.

Exactly

10anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 19:57

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Its interesting that every new owner we have is always seen as "dodgy" in someway.

It seems rather childish that a certain section of the support are never fully on board and they seem to think that every new owner is there to screw us over.

Very strange.

11anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:Its interesting that every new owner we have is always seen as "dodgy" in someway.

It seems rather childish that a certain section of the support are never fully on board and they seem to think that every new owner is there to screw us over.

Very strange.

Anderson is seen as dodgy for one reason.

He's dodgy.

12anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:23

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boltonbonce, I'm sure Sluffy could find replies in here saying the late Phil Gartside was dodgy, that Eddie Davies was dodgy.

I'm sure I could dig out copies of "the buff" and Bolton evening news where the fans accused the Warburtons of being dodgy.

If I went further back in time, there'd also be some unfounded slur.

So it isn't just Ken Anderson

13anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:27

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wyatt Earp was dodgy!

14anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:Boltonbonce, I'm sure Sluffy could find replies in here saying the late Phil Gartside was dodgy, that Eddie Davies was dodgy.

I'm sure I could dig out copies of "the buff" and Bolton evening news where the fans accused the Warburtons of being dodgy.

If I went further back in time, there'd also be some unfounded slur.

So it isn't just Ken Anderson

True enough.

Iirc didn't the chairman at the time we moved from Burnden Park suppose to have hired his own business (Watson's?) to build the stadium and made a fortune from it - allegedly of course!

15anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:34

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

People are a lot more negative these days. Its bred into us through media and fake news.  I became very negative at the point of setting up my own business.  And the reason was i never had social media before.  I've avoided it like the plague.  But i had to use it to promote myself.  Facebook.  Twitter. Instagram. All full of utter bollocks designed to keep people down.  I absolutely piss myself at the house behind me, parents always arguing and shouting and swearing at their kids.  Five minutes later a group selfie is published to fb while shoveling fish fingers into their gobs.

I'm hoping i can get to the stage where i can pay someone to do it all for me so i dont have to see the pretentious fake bullshit

16anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken was banned for nine years. I've no problem with him starting with a clean sheet.

However,someone with a record of moving money in directions it shouldn't be going,I have to consider a little dodgy.

Nothing wrong with that. Just a matter of opinion.

I also considered BSA and Gartside dodgy,but I had very little to hang it on.

Once again this is turning into a lot of bald men arguing over a comb.

17anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 21:01

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:Ken was banned for nine years. I've no problem with him starting with a clean sheet.

However,someone with a record of moving money in directions it shouldn't be going,I have to consider a little dodgy.

My post wasnt aimed at you bonce. You're even positive when falling into duck ponds.

18anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Once again this is turning into a lot of bald men arguing over a comb.

I'll have you know my hair is long and shiny.

19anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 21:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Ken was banned for nine years. I've no problem with him starting with a clean sheet.

My post wasnt aimed at you bonce. You're even positive when falling into duck ponds.
Falling into ponds has now become a hobby. Very Happy

20anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10 2018, 21:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Once again this is turning into a lot of bald men arguing over a comb.

I'll have you know my hair is long and shiny.
Doesn't show your armpits off to their best though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 50]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum