Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

331Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Nov 07 2018, 17:56

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:The Asians have installed Joe Royle and his son on the board of directors, I would think they have the sense to recognise Cook is a good fit for Wigan.I wonder if it would have helped our decision making over the years if we had ex footballers on the board as Wigan did and have
I can't work out why an Asian group would see Wigan as a good money maker assuming they aren;t supporters, perhaps they fancy a gamble on getting them into the Premier League for the TV money.Another Asian group bought Barnsley last year and don't seem to be throwing money at the team
All this division is now is a gambling club, you have to spend money to try and hit the jackpot of promotion.

Unfortunately we are the equivalent of the old man who puts on a 20p accumulator on eleven horses, hoping to strike it big. Some weeks he can't even afford the 20p.

332Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 12:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On Saturday we welcome our neighbours Wigan Athletic to the University of Bolton Stadium as we return to home soil after what seems like an age.
There is no hiding from the fact that our recent results have been disappointing for all concerned but now is the time for everybody to stick together and to get behind the team as one as we attempt to improve our results.

We’ve got the tools to do this and with you all getting behind the team this Saturday, against our local rivals, then I am sure you will lift the players and inspire them to put in a performance that will hopefully get us back on the winning track.

I know that looking at the league table at this moment doesn’t paint a pretty picture in terms of our position, but we are on the same number of points as three other teams and the gap between us and a mid-table place is not insurmountable if we go on a positive run of results.  Looking at the Goals Against column in the table the amount of goals we have conceded is not too dissimilar to many of the other clubs; however, the Goals For column is letting us down but I believe goals will come as we are continuing to carve out chances in the games.

After 19 games last season, we were at the bottom of the table with 13 points and it was around this time that we went on that great run, so please continue to be positive and believe that we will turn this around.

I am aware of the Supporters’ Trust’s recent statement in which they have requested for me to engage in ‘structured dialogue’ with their own representatives and the wider support, which I quite frankly find astonishing.

Since I became involved with this club, it has been my intention to have an open and honest line of communication with ALL our supporters and not to hold exclusive conversations with individuals or groups.

During one of my early meetings with them they requested board representation and a shareholding. Their financial offer was what I can only describe as derisory and insulting and generally speaking nothing positive ever came out of the meetings.

In the Q&A sessions I have held at the club, the invitation has always been open for every single Bolton Wanderers fan and no questions have been off limits. These have been timed to coincide with matchdays to ensure as many supporters as possible can attend. The Supporters Trust and other supporter groups are able to participate in these forums and ask whatever questions they would like.

In the letter they sent to me requesting said ‘structured dialogue’ they added in a paragraph to the Memorandum of Understanding to suit their own agenda which isn’t included in the current regulations. We felt this to be disingenuous.

It’s perhaps pertinent to mention that the Supporters Trust have had three changes in leadership in relatively quick succession which would make ‘structured dialogue’ somewhat challenging and I have some concerns about how they operate their elections and not to mention the direct debit subscriptions fiasco.

I’ll be looking to have another Q&A forum in January and of course representatives from the Supporters Trust are more than welcome to attend alongside all our other supporters and we can all engage in some ‘structured dialogue.’

Following on from my notes in early October when I gave supporters a brief summary of the ongoing discussions with potential investors I would like to take this opportunity to update everyone again as promised.

I am afraid that despite assurances, the potential investors I mentioned last month have yet to be able to provide proof of the their ability to finance any proposed purchase. Before I will allow anyone to consume the huge time commitment that the due diligence process will place upon our staff, I need to be satisfied that any potential investor has the ability to provide both the source and availability of their funds to satisfy the financial requirements of the EFL. Without this comfort it would be impossible for any acquisition to proceed but I can assure supporters I am very receptive to finding someone who has the financial ability to bring back the success we all want for our club. I will welcome anyone who can pick up the baton from me and get us back to the heights enjoyed during Eddie Davies’s ownership of the club.

Whilst there are a number of interested parties out there purporting to have the ability to buy a football club, you will see from the very small number of clubs that have successfully found new owners how many timewasters there are in the market.

I reiterate my previous statement that I am fully committed to finding investment and that the perceived lack of progress is not due to any unreasonable demands from myself. I continue to maintain that this club offers a serious investor the best value of any team outside of the Premier League and myself and the senior staff will work diligently to find the right custodian to take the club forward.

I was pleased to hear that our former player Derik Osede has found himself a club in Spain and I’d like to wish him all the best with Numancia.

Following Saturday’s game against Wigan, we’ll be taking on high-flyers Leeds United at the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturday 15 December. They will bring a large following with them and we need to make sure that we pack the stadium with our own fans and out sing their travelling support. Tickets are available to buy now by clicking here.

Our half season tickets remain on sale up until Boxing Day and offer the best value for watching Wanderers on a match by match basis for the second half of the season. For the remaining 12 games, an adult half season ticket works out from just £15.42 per match. If you haven’t already done so, why not get one today. It will also make a great Christmas present for that special Wanderers fan in your life. More information can be found here.

We have also got a special 4 for 3 offer running across all our hospitality packages for the remainder of the season. The offer is available in the Lion of Vienna Suite, Hall of Fame Suite, Platinum Suite and our Executive Boxes with the lowest grade game being offered free of charge. More information can be found here.

With Christmas just around the corner, we’ve got plenty of festive Wanderers merchandise available in our newly-redesigned webstore. So, please browse bwfcdirect.co.uk and treat yourself or a family member.

Meanwhile, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which is being produced by the Octagon Theatre, begins its run at the University of Bolton Stadium’s Premier Suite next week and will take place until Monday 31 December. This is a fantastic family Christmas show and ticket can be bought here.

It’s festive season over at Bolton Whites Hotel and with the Christmas Party Nights about to start, I’d like to remind you all that there are still some spaces available for you and your friends to get into the Christmas spirit. More details about the Christmas parties can be found here or you can ring the hotel directly on 01204 673610.

You will note that in Saturday’s matchday programme my usual column will be replaced by a new Behind The Scenes feature which will put the spotlight on members of staff at the stadium and showcase the excellent work that they do behind the scenes. In Saturday’s edition, Suzanne Speak writes about the IberCup, a global youth football tournament which is taking place next May.

My column will of course continue but on a less frequent basis.

I hope you enjoy Saturday’s game and that we all come away from the stadium with smiles on our faces.

Let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Best wishes,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Somebodies found him, doesn't sound too promising, proper begging letter to fans, well he can fuck off until he gets rid of the tool managing us.

333Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A half season ticket would make a great Christmas present? I wouldn't give that to my worst enemy  Laughing

334Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:A half season ticket would make a great Christmas present? I wouldn't give that to my worst enemy  Laughing

lol!

335Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:19

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I like how Ken labels people who don't have enough money to run a football club as timewasters

336Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've added to Martin's post above the actual text of the article that he linked to, which shows several interesting comments on topics other than pushing half year season tickets - most notably how he rips to pieces the Supporters Trust actions and behaviour since its inception!  (It really is worth a read if you've not done already).

Also to note his comments and commitment on selling the club and finally his indication that he's probably going to be writing less of these his Chairman's notes, for us to read in the future - obviously his attempt to sell more tickets and merchandise is not working and just attracting derision and criticism from many now instead.

All in all one of his best and most informative notes he's ever published!

337Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:42

Not bothered about his dealings with the ST. I want to hear a plan to get us out of this mess before we get relegated.

338Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 14:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Not bothered about his dealings with the ST. I want to hear a plan to get us out of this mess before we get relegated.

You might not be bothered about the ST and doubtless many, many others as well - but clearly Marc Iles has an agenda to keep pushing their anti-Anderson vitriol and keep it high profile in the media.

Before you once again tell me that Iles is only doing his job of reporting news about the club, then answer me why everything negative (his mates in) the ST do or report against Anderson as club owner is ALWAYS reported, yet NOTHING that casts a negative light on the ST (the mysterious disappearance of several of the Chairmen, the non holding of their mandatory AGM, their failure to submit annual accounts on time, their lies on the number of actual members they have) ever as?

I have no problems whatsoever with Anderson putting the ST in their place and would only wish too that he dealt with Iles for his blatant and totally unprofessional behaviour in this particular respect.

339Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 15:04

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I see Ken has been caught telling lies.
He told the fans at the Q and A before the Blackburn match  that two potential buyers had provided proof of funds but in todays message he says they haven't provided proof of funds

340Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 15:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:I see Ken has been caught telling lies.
He told the fans at the Q and A before the Blackburn match  that two potential buyers had provided proof of funds but in todays message he says they haven't provided proof of funds

I rather hear Anderson's explanation for what he said rather than jump to conclusions and start branding him a liar like the rest of the anti-Anderson lynch mob has.

Iles latest tweet -

Spoken to Ken Anderson  over investment/proof of funds at #bwfc. Complicated situation. Penning a story for tomorrow's paper as we speak.

341Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 15:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

342Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 16:03

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So no investment and no change of manager...... life is grand.

343Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 16:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Change of manager will come soon, it has to...

344Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 16:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Change of manager will come soon, it has to...
Like I say, lose Saturday and it will get very messy and toxic at the UniBol, Ken cannot afford to piss the fans off, so Ken will act very soon if this carries on.

345Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 16:52

Why can’t Ken afford to piss the fans off? Are you going to lynch him?

346Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 20:30

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Apparently players/staff won't be paid on time this month.

347Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 20:39

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DEANO82 wrote:Apparently players/staff won't be paid on time this month.

According to who?

348Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 20:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

STAFF and players at Bolton Wanderers have been told they will not be guaranteed their November salary will be on time.

Wages were due into accounts tomorrow but an email was sent out by club owner Ken Anderson yesterday to explain that only some employees would get their money on Friday, with others paid on Monday.
The Bolton News understands that Phil Parkinson’s squad has been informed they will not receive their salary – just 48 hours before they face Wigan Athletic in a local derby.

Staff have been assured by Anderson within the email that the club is working towards a swift solution to their financial problems.
Wanderers’ coffers will be swollen this weekend by gate receipts from the Wigan game, while it is also understood the third instalment of fans’ Direct Debit payments for season tickets is due on Monday.
Although this is the first time general staff at the stadium and club facilities have been affected, problems with payment to players has cropped up with alarming regularity at Bolton in the last 12 months.
In the summer, a friendly against St Mirren was boycotted by players when they were not given bonuses on time for staying in the Championship last season. The Professional Footballers' Association was called in to mediate on the eve of the new campaign.
And in September the EFL threatened to put Wanderers into an embargo unless they settled a bonus row with three former players - Karl Henry, Jem Karacan and Derik Osede - who had since left the club. Again after the intervention of the PFA the matter was settled.

Ken Anderson confirmed today that his attempts to sell Bolton have stalled because potential investors have failed to show proof of funding.
Wanderers have been contacted for comment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would have thought Iles would have waited to see what the club response was first before rushing off to print, seeing that it looks like that basically all the wages will be sorted by Monday rather than Friday?

349Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 20:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:All in all one of his best and most informative notes he's ever published!
Couldn't agree more. Much of it, as usual, a massive promo for merch and ticket sales along with regurgitating the same old 'getting behind the team' crap but at least he actually had something to say this time.

350Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Nov 29 2018, 20:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Andersons are getting some serious stick on Twitter, please don't read it Sluffy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum