Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

931anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Feb 02 2019, 10:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The issue with Evans was not Sheff U though was it? They submitted their request to Fleetwood to terminate their loan deal so they could send him out to us in the last 24 hours of the window and under the terms of that deal Fleetwood had the right to refuse to terminate on such short notice - fair enough as it would have left them no time to source a replacement. 
This suggests that BWFC didn't make the enquiry about Evans until the last minute which implies he was by no means first choice and Anderson's tardiness in making the move for Evans was the reason he didn't come. Had the request been made 24 hours earlier Fleetwood would have had no say in the matter as I understand it.

932anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Feb 02 2019, 10:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A completely predictable outcome and clearly more lies being fed to the fans. Parkinson must be on the promise of a big bonus for putting up with this shit month after month. I can't believe he's sticking around to add a relegation to his Bolton tenure.

933anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Feb 02 2019, 12:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:A completely predictable outcome and clearly more lies being fed to the fans. Parkinson must be on the promise of a big bonus for putting up with this shit month after month. I can't believe he's sticking around to add a relegation to his Bolton tenure.
TBF to Parky, he's put up with a lot of crap and showed incredible loyalty despite his ambitions having been cut off at the knees by the owner which must surely enhance his cv if anything.

934anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Feb 04 2019, 17:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Full statement -

I have seen the comments both in the media and on social media which allude to the fact that I am about to sell my stake in the club to a UK consortium.
While I’d rather not comment on media speculation of this nature I would suggest that you ignore these rumours and treat them as pure media speculation.
Of course it is no secret that I am looking for investment but I receive many enquiries virtually every week, a great deal of which often come from time wasters and dreamers who are unable to offer any proof of funding and disappear as quickly as they arrive. In my experience, when people leak details of a deal they rarely occur which is probably because they weren’t in a position to do a deal in the first place.

For the record, I didn’t have any meetings in London last week in connection with a sale of the club. My focus, along with the management and recruitment team, was solely on recruitment and fending off unwanted bids for our players. Despite media comments of fire sales, players demanding transfers and unrest amongst the players, not one player left in the January transfer window.  
I can confirm, however, that detailed discussions are taking place with an interested party but as I am sure that you will appreciate I am unable to give you details at this stage. When there is something to say you the supporters will be the first to know through the usual club channels.
In spite of the disappointing result at Sheffield United on Saturday, I thought we played well especially in the first half and stuck to the game plan where we enjoyed a fair share of the game and utilised our possession well.

It was a testament to our players that there was an air of frustration amongst the home support going into the half time break.

Luck deserted us once again in front of goal but I’m a firm believer that you make your own luck. If we keep ourselves in this mindset then we won’t be too far off in getting the goals we need to turn into points.

I know the players and staff will also be disappointed with the result but they will dust themselves down and get back onto the training ground to prepare themselves ahead of our derby game against Preston North End at the University of Bolton Stadium this coming Saturday.

They have a collective determination to put things right and their desire and attitude cannot be faulted.
Also, the recruitment team are still actively looking for a striker and of course we shall update you on any progress that happens.
It is important that our supporters’ sole focus is to get behind the players throughout the match and show them your support in numbers. Be our twelfth man not just in this game but all the matches we have left to play.
Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by clicking here. Alternatively, why not try some of our excellent hospitality. Give our sales team a call on 01204 673761 or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more information.
We are only three points away from safety and with 16 games remaining we still have everything to play for. Everyone said we would be relegated last season and we proved them wrong and that experience l am sure will stand us in good stead for these crucial games ahead.
With that in mind, the club has launched a Super 7 season ticket which will enable supporters to watch the final seven home games of the campaign from as little as £16.43 per match for adults and £5.71 per match for under 18s. I would strongly recommend that you take advantage of this great offer which starts with our home game against Norwich City on Saturday 16 February. The Super 7 season ticket will be available to buy online in person at Bolton Central or by calling 0844 871 2932 (selecting option 2 then option 1).
With your continuous and constant backing and support of the players I am hopeful that we will retain our Championship status come May.

Best wishes,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

935anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Feb 04 2019, 17:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Full statement -

I have seen the comments both in the media and on social media which allude to the fact that I am about to sell my stake in the club to a UK consortium.
While I’d rather not comment on media speculation of this nature I would suggest that you ignore these rumours and treat them as pure media speculation.
Of course it is no secret that I am looking for investment but I receive many enquiries virtually every week, a great deal of which often come from time wasters and dreamers who are unable to offer any proof of funding and disappear as quickly as they arrive. In my experience, when people leak details of a deal they rarely occur which is probably because they weren’t in a position to do a deal in the first place.

For the record, I didn’t have any meetings in London last week in connection with a sale of the club. My focus, along with the management and recruitment team, was solely on recruitment and fending off unwanted bids for our players. Despite media comments of fire sales, players demanding transfers and unrest amongst the players, not one player left in the January transfer window.  
I can confirm, however, that detailed discussions are taking place with an interested party but as I am sure that you will appreciate I am unable to give you details at this stage. When there is something to say you the supporters will be the first to know through the usual club channels.
In spite of the disappointing result at Sheffield United on Saturday, I thought we played well especially in the first half and stuck to the game plan where we enjoyed a fair share of the game and utilised our possession well.

It was a testament to our players that there was an air of frustration amongst the home support going into the half time break.

Luck deserted us once again in front of goal but I’m a firm believer that you make your own luck. If we keep ourselves in this mindset then we won’t be too far off in getting the goals we need to turn into points.

I know the players and staff will also be disappointed with the result but they will dust themselves down and get back onto the training ground to prepare themselves ahead of our derby game against Preston North End at the University of Bolton Stadium this coming Saturday.

They have a collective determination to put things right and their desire and attitude cannot be faulted.
Also, the recruitment team are still actively looking for a striker and of course we shall update you on any progress that happens.
It is important that our supporters’ sole focus is to get behind the players throughout the match and show them your support in numbers. Be our twelfth man not just in this game but all the matches we have left to play.
Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by clicking here. Alternatively, why not try some of our excellent hospitality. Give our sales team a call on 01204 673761 or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more information.
We are only three points away from safety and with 16 games remaining we still have everything to play for. Everyone said we would be relegated last season and we proved them wrong and that experience l am sure will stand us in good stead for these crucial games ahead.
With that in mind, the club has launched a Super 7 season ticket which will enable supporters to watch the final seven home games of the campaign from as little as £16.43 per match for adults and £5.71 per match for under 18s. I would strongly recommend that you take advantage of this great offer which starts with our home game against Norwich City on Saturday 16 February. The Super 7 season ticket will be available to buy online in person at Bolton Central or by calling 0844 871 2932 (selecting option 2 then option 1).
With your continuous and constant backing and support of the players I am hopeful that we will retain our Championship status come May.

Best wishes,

Ken

Absolute bollocks, a testament to our players that fans were frustrated? I think you'll find they were pissed off with Parkinson's lack of a gameplan, and how many of these tickets is the tool expecting to flog on the back of said ineptness?
this slimeball has more neck than a fucking giraffe.

936anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good old Ken. Gives us an insight into what may be happening, and then reverts to his barrow-boy selling techniques. You've got to give him credit for trying  Very Happy

937anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Feb 04 2019, 18:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Good old Ken. Gives us an insight into what may be happening, and then reverts to his barrow-boy selling techniques. You've got to give him credit for trying  Very Happy

Made me laugh that Glos. Very Happy

938anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 10:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

During my three years at the club, I have always endeavoured to do my best and to be open and transparent with you the supporters and, as I have said on several occasions, when there is something to say you will be the first to know.
Accordingly, I will try and separate fact from fiction in respect of some of the recent posts on social media platforms and in the media.
First and foremost, l will never disclose the identity of any of the prospective buyers as Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) usually prevent this and rightly so.
As far as l am aware, the comments about a Turkish buyer are pure fiction and to the best of my knowledge are yet more speculation that seems to have been generated by the media.
There have also been various other postings about a North West consortium backed by Russian money. Again, this is pure fiction.
Unfortunately, a number of people like to portray that they know more than they actually do and speculate on what’s happening and generally speaking, it bears no relation to the truth and reality of what is really happening.
The facts are that there is a consortium with which heads of terms were agreed and discussions are ongoing.
There has, over the last week or so, been further interest from several other consortiums who have all signed NDAs and discussions are also ongoing with them.
Everything else that has been said or written can be ignored as it is total fiction.
Best wishes,
Ken

939anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 11:36

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:During my three years at the club, I have always endeavoured to do my best and to be open and transparent with you the supporters and, as I have said on several occasions, when there is something to say you will be the first to know.
Accordingly, I will try and separate fact from fiction in respect of some of the recent posts on social media platforms and in the media.
First and foremost, l will never disclose the identity of any of the prospective buyers as Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) usually prevent this and rightly so.  
As far as l am aware, the comments about a Turkish buyer are pure fiction and to the best of my knowledge are yet more speculation that seems to have been generated by the media.
There have also been various other postings about a North West consortium backed by Russian money. Again, this is pure fiction.
Unfortunately, a number of people like to portray that they know more than they actually do and speculate on what’s happening and generally speaking, it bears no relation to the truth and reality of what is really happening.
The facts are that there is a consortium with which heads of terms were agreed and discussions are ongoing.
There has, over the last week or so, been further interest from several other consortiums who have all signed NDAs and discussions are also ongoing with them.
Everything else that has been said or written can be ignored as it is total fiction.
Best wishes,
Ken

A whole load of guff, but nothing said.

940anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 11:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:During my three years at the club, I have always endeavoured to do my best and to be open and transparent with you the supporters and, as I have said on several occasions, when there is something to say you will be the first to know.
Best wishes,
Ken

A whole load of guff, but nothing said.

Wrong Martin, there's a diamond in there (maybe a rough diamond though at the moment).

It's basically a non-binding agreement on the main elements of a deal. Usually it means both parties are at the table with a common agreed understanding on the main commercial points. It then needs more detail, due diligence and binding formal contracts to go anywhere.

So there is at least something solid happening apparently.

941anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 11:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Wrong Martin, there's a diamond in there (maybe a rough diamond though at the moment).

It's basically a non-binding agreement on the main elements of a deal. Usually it means both parties are at the table with a common agreed understanding on the main commercial points. It then needs more detail, due diligence and binding formal contracts to go anywhere.

So there is at least something solid happening apparently.

Cheers for clearing that up, does sound promising the way you put it.

942anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The joy of NDAs is that whatever happens, nobody can contradict a statement that says "it never happened" as the only rebuff is to state that something happened which would be in contradiction of the NDA - whereas saying nothing happened is not in breach and cannot be questioned unless you want a court case which you could only lose. 
Consequently Anderson can claim that there were no discussions without anyone being able to contradict him.
Anderson could be lying through his teeth about the e.g. Turkish deal, but what can the Turkish guys says about it? They can hardly say or prove that discussions took place without getting sued for it, even if they're right and they have a mountain of evidence.

However I'm past caring about Anderson's control of the narrative - all I want is the club to be sold to a better owner than Anderson and although the finances are pushing him towards a sale, my concern remains that he will agree a sale to the people who will give him the best personal exit deal - who may not be the people who will offer the best deal for the club's future.

943anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If there is a consortium interested and they have signed this document then why bring up other offers? Is he trying to play them off against each other to get more money for himself?

944anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

@reluctantnicko

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More

Alan Nixon Retweeted craig carroll
Davies money is bigger. Tax man is not due to be sorted for a month. So Davies money has to be agreed first and foremost. If that’s done there could be new owners paying tax.

So Nixon saying that the only stumbling block now is the Davies loan, once that's sorted the deal will go through.

945anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Consortium.

"A group of poor people"

946anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Consortium.

"A group of poor people"

Surely the EFL would only allow the club to be sold to people with serious money after all the shit this club has been through.

947anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't know why I'm bothering but here goes!

To truly turn the club around will take millions, the players wage bill until the end of the financial season of the club alone is £3 million (£600kpm x 5 months).

In all likelihood we will find ourselves in the league below for the start of next season - and thus with £7 million less revenue than what we get now in the Championship - and still with a full season of wages to pay.  Even if we say the wages would be halved that's still £3.6 million, so even if we get promoted first time, the new owners won't be making much of a profit on that season.

Also how much would they throw in the pot for transfers - say £3 million in the third tier and a further £5 IF we get promoted back first time to the Championship.

Then they would have to keep us up against teams with much bigger spending power than we would have - so that means the big money from getting promoted to the Premier League is way out of their grasp.

So what I'm saying is that either the people wanting to buy us have stupid money to waste on us - like Wanderlust's imaginary Ron Billionaire, or they are here to do a similar job of keeping their heads above the water (and get a return on their investment) just as Anderson has been doing.

I don't believe for one second about the Russians or Turks and have already said that on here previously - so no one, absolutely no one, is going to be fighting each other for the club nor pay Anderson a backhander or whatever it is Wanderlust thinks might happen.

AND I still say - as I have done all along - that the loan against Andersons club ownership as to be resolved first before he can sell the club to anyone!

948anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:I don't know why I'm bothering but here goes!

To truly turn the club around will take millions, the players wage bill until the end of the financial season of the club alone is £3 million (£600kpm x 5 months).

In all likelihood we will find ourselves in the league below for the start of next season - and thus with £7 million less revenue than what we get now in the Championship - and still with a full season of wages to pay.  Even if we say the wages would be halved that's still £3.6 million, so even if we get promoted first time, the new owners won't be making much of a profit on that season.

Also how much would they throw in the pot for transfers - say £3 million in the third tier and a further £5 IF we get promoted back first time to the Championship.

Then they would have to keep us up against teams with much bigger spending power than we would have - so that means the big money from getting promoted to the Premier League is way out of their grasp.

So what I'm saying is that either the people wanting to buy us have stupid money to waste on us - like Wanderlust's imaginary Ron Billionaire, or they are here to do a similar job of keeping their heads above the water (and get a return on their investment) just as Anderson has been doing.

I don't believe for one second about the Russians or Turks and have already said that on here previously - so no one, absolutely no one, is going to be fighting each other for the club nor pay Anderson a backhander or whatever it is Wanderlust thinks might happen.

AND I still say - as I have done all along - that the loan against Andersons club ownership as to be resolved first before he can sell the club to anyone!

But surely that's you just assuming that this consortium will not have the wherewithal to take the club forward financially, there's absolutely nothing been said or reported to suggest that they don't have a wealthy backer or that it consists of several wealthy people on board, so you are just contradicting yourself about folk assuming.

949anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't know why I'm bothering but here goes!

But surely that's you just assuming that this consortium will not have the wherewithal to take the club forward financially, there's absolutely nothing been said or reported to suggest that they don't have a wealthy backer or that it consists of several wealthy people on board, so you are just contradicting yourself about folk assuming.

We have a wealthy backer - Anderson is a millionaire remember - and it costs too much for his pocket to keep the club going.

Ok, I'll donate £50 to the charity of your choice if this buyer does a deal with Anderson and is wealthy enough to get us into the Premier League within three years because that is the limit of time they have before the Professional Fair Play rules kick in - which basically means they have to balance the books between what they've put into the club and what the club generates in revenue in that time - and the only way they can do that if they are indeed throwing millions at us is by getting to the PL before the three years are up.

950anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just want an owner who can run the club properly and not lurch from one crisis to the next. I'll watch BWFC in any division, i just want us to be stable.
If we do by some miracle end up back in the Premiership then that will be great but that's not the be all and end all of football for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum