Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Le Fondre leaves Bolton Wanderers

+18
Growler
Jack Russell
rammywhite
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Cajunboy
terenceanne
bryan458
Norpig
Nigelbwfc
boltonbonce
Leeds_Trotter
NickFazer
karlypants
observer
Travelodge
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

boltonbonce wrote:Parky turned ALF into pretty much a bit part player. Not really surprised he's taken this chance.
To be fair he was a bit part player at Wolves at Cardiff at Wigan etc.

English league isn't great for small players, whether they know the back of the net or not.

This is why I have my reservations about the " English managers are better than foreign managers" brigade.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The timing to say the least was weird? We already need a striker and now we need two after the window closes? Strange very strange. Yes ALF gave us options but the truth is he was no McGinlay and in truth would not feature much. In one respect it's decent of the club but not if we have no one lined up.

I expect a replacement pronto, IF we end up with two viable options to Josh and Clayton then we are in a better position, so it depends who comes in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well if we get Connor Wickham from Palace as Boggers suggests that would be a decent start, although seeing as his transfer fee to them was over £7million I'm guessing he's on huge wages.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Le Fondre
He is a Sky Blue...

Doesn't rhyme.

As Wessy says this is only a good move if he’s replaced with quality. Huge gamble to have such a thin squad.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was a Bolton fan I'd be seething at this decision.

Who goes into a season with only two recognised strikers?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:If I was a Bolton fan I'd be seething at this decision.

Bolton Wanderers have just done that! And they'll pay the penalty for doing so.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:If I was a Bolton fan I'd be seething at this decision.

Bolton Wanderers have just done that! And they'll pay the penalty for doing so.
It is precisely because Anderson won't pay - or at least hasn't to date - that we are in this position. Still time for him to deliver though and he's got ALF's wages to bolster his buying power so there's no excuse especially as he claims we will make a profit this season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

whatsgoingon wrote:Not been on here for a long time but followed a link from twitter and remembered my log in so hi everyone, unlike many I’m not too gutted by this and don’t feel he’s a massive loss. Had a great spell when on loan but it’s all been bits and pieces since..
Don’t know what it is about him but every manager at every manager  at every club he’s been at since Reading has either benched him, loaned him or released him so something isn’t right.
I reckon they’ve got someone lined up already and will announce it soon to appease the throng. Good luck to the lad out there.

Hello WGO, not heard from you in a long time.

Hope you are well and look forward to you posting a bit more often now that you found your way back.

We've missed you.

Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It said on the internet (Fox News) that he's in talks with Sydney about a three year contract. If I read that right, then its not a completed transaction. I presume he will sign, but what would happen if the terms weren't good enough and he didn't.
The poor sod would be unemployed and signing on

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:It said on the internet (Fox News) that he's in talks with Sydney about a three year contract. If I read that right, then its not a completed transaction. I presume he will sign, but what would happen if the terms weren't good enough and he didn't.
I'm sure Wigan would take him.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

boltonbonce wrote:
rammywhite wrote:It said on the internet (Fox News) that he's in talks with Sydney about a three year contract. If I read that right, then its not a completed transaction. I presume he will sign, but what would happen if the terms weren't good enough and he didn't.
I'm sure Wigan would take him.
Would Wigan have him again? Think Lennon at Hibs is keen.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Officially Confirmed by Sydney:

Sydney FC have boosted their attacking stocks with the signing of prolific former Premier League striker Adam le Fondre on a multi-year deal.

Le Fondre plays as a centre forward and will be tasked with leading the Sky Blues front line where he will provide high quality competition for places.

WATCH: Adam le Fondre's Exclusive First Interview

The Englishman, affectionately known as ALF or Alfie, has featured across all levels of English football and carries with him a formidable scoring record, most notably for Reading FC where he earned the club’s Player of the Season Award during their 2012/13 Premier League campaign, as well as their first ever Premier League Player of the Month award.

Le Fondre scored 41 goals in 110 appearances for the Royals across the Premier League and Championship in one of the most prolific spells in his career.

The 31-year old joins having most recently featured for Bolton Wanderers in the Championship, and said he is excited to become a Sky Blue.

“This is the opportunity of a lifetime for me and I’m very much eager to get started at Sydney FC,” le Fondre said.

“I’ve heard nothing but good things about the club, they are winners with a winning culture and I’m a winner, so I believe it is the perfect match.

“My job is to score goals and I am very confident I can do that at Sydney FC, particularly with the quality players that are already in the squad.

“It’s an honour to join one of the biggest clubs in Australia and I’m confident we will continue to enjoy success.”

Sydney FC Head Coach Steve Corica welcomed le Fondre to the club and is looking forward to watching him succeed.

“Adam’s record speaks for itself, he’s a natural goal-scorer and at 31 he is in his prime,” he said.

“To reach double figures in your first Premier League season is no mean feat and I’m sure he will become a big success at Sydney FC.

“We already have the quality to provide Adam with the service he thrives on and with one or two more players to come, it is going to be extremely exciting to see what he will produce in Sky Blue.”

Le Fondre will be available for the Sky Blues FFA Cup trip to Cairns on Tuesday however it is likely he will be given time in Sydney to recover and re-adjust from the long flight.

Sydney FC kick off their Hyundai A-League season away to Adelaide United at Coopers Stadium on Friday 19 October (kick off 7:50pm AEST).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's certainly not in his prime...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll score for fun out there

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He'll score for fun out there

Yeah but that’s because it’s a Mickey Mouse League.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

So what? He's got a guaranteed wage for the next three years and wouldn't have that with us. Then he and his family can stay and enjoy a lifestyle that I would envy. Good for him- I hope iit all works out for him.
Sod the standard of football- there's more to life than that. And if we're concerned about the standard of football- who are we to complain and comment after the shit that's been served up at the Reebok/Macron/Unibol for the last few seasons

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:

So what? He's got a guaranteed wage for the next three years and wouldn't have that with us. Then he and his family can stay and enjoy a lifestyle that I would envy. Good for him- I hope iit all works out for him.
Sod the standard of football- there's more to life than that. And if we're concerned about the standard of football- who are we to complain and comment after the shit that's been served up at the Reebok/Macron/Unibol for the last few seasons
Add to Rammy's astute comments... and sitting on the bench for us, while we played hoof ball, and lingered in the bottom three for a good part of the season.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Tyler Walker scored a hat trick for Mansfield.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

“To keep someone against their will would have been the wrong thing to do. We would have had a player who wanted to be elsewhere".

That's code for "GET THE FUCKER OF THE WAGE BILL A.S.A.P. !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum