Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton / Forest Memories

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton / Forest Memories Empty Bolton / Forest Memories Thu Aug 23 2012, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whenever we face Nottingham Forest I always think back to one of the best games I have ever seen, a 4-3 victory over Forest back in 1993 at Burnden Park.

Bolton had injuries in defence so turned to club donkey Julian Darby to try his hand as a central defender. The only problem was he was up against a young Stan Collymore (pre-weight & dogging issues), who tore him apart for the whole 90 minutes. The fact we actually won the game is nothing short of a miracle.

Two goals from David Lee, one from Mark Patterson and Alan Thompson stole the points in the last few minutes. Brilliant.

Anyone else got memories of this match or other Bolton/Forest games?

2Bolton / Forest Memories Empty Re: Bolton / Forest Memories Thu Aug 23 2012, 13:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have fond memories of that game. It was in wintertime and it was also live on Granada. I remember Collymore scoring and David Phillips scoring for Forest. I only remember Alan Thompson's goal for us though. We'd just signed him and were forced to play him as an emergency striker. The way he took that finish in the last minute at the Lever end with the outside of his foot was unbelievable for a youngster who wasn't even a proper striker.

I'm struggling to remember any other Forest games, we haven't played them since 2001.

3Bolton / Forest Memories Empty Re: Bolton / Forest Memories Thu Aug 23 2012, 14:12

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I remember going to City ground in 1991 for League Cup we lost there 4-0 and at home 5-2. We were ripped apart by a young Roy Keane, i thought he was a fantastic player then until he signed for Man United!!!

4Bolton / Forest Memories Empty Re: Bolton / Forest Memories Thu Aug 23 2012, 15:22

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone remember Phil Browns looping 25 yard volley at Forest? Brilliant goal. I think we lost 3-2. Owen Coyle might've got our other goal actually. Or was it Tomo?

5Bolton / Forest Memories Empty Re: Bolton / Forest Memories Thu Aug 23 2012, 15:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't remember who scored, but I think Collymore came on as sub after being out injured, scored, then got sent off for elbowing Phil Brown.

6Bolton / Forest Memories Empty Re: Bolton / Forest Memories Thu Aug 23 2012, 15:26

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He did. I remember that now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum