Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karl Henry wants paying

+12
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
DEANO82
observer
Dunkels King
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 16:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy I agree you can't please all the people all the time but in this particular case I think Ken's dropped the ball a bit. You know as well as I do that he didn't wake up this morning and think "Oh heck, we can't pay Karl today after all."

He must have known payment was going to be late at least a few days ago so why not simply contact Karl and say "Look, cashflow's been a nightmare so I'm afraid your money's going to be a bit late. We will pay you but it won't be on the 6th, it'll be on (earliest possible date) instead. I'm sorrry it's been delayed but we had to pay off HMRC, BluMarble and the rest and there's just not enough left in the bank to cover you as well because there's no game that weekend so no income."

Speaking as someone who has run a business and been on the receiving end of late payments I was never overly annoyed about being paid late so long as I knew it was going to happen and when I'd actually get my money. What really annoyed me was when I didn't get paid on time and there'd been no word or warning from my debtor to tell me that was going to happen. In this day and age there's simply no excuse for not communicating with a creditor. If Ken has failed to speak to Karl on this issue (and I'm not saying that's the case because we don't know everything that's happened) then that's just plain wrong. A simple phone call or even an e-mail either to Karl or his agent wouldn't have taken long and in ensuring everyone knew where they stood this latest 'spat' on Twitter would have been avoided.

However if Ken has made that call and Karl's neglected to mention it then I think diving on Twitter and neglecting to mention that fact is poor from Karl. Since we don't know all the facts in this case it might be wise to wait and see what comes out next. One thing I will say is I find this habit of people 'washing their dirty linen in public' via Twitter to be extremely distasteful whether it's a late paid footballer or the President of the United States doing it. If you have a problem surely it's better to discuss it with the person directly rather than jumping onto Social Media in what can look like a rather childish bid to get other people worked up.

32Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 16:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Promotion, Survival and a Good start to the season.

Where would we be without KA?

33Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 17:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:Promotion, Survival and a Good start to the season.

Where would we be without KA?
I agree cajun but that doesn't buy him a 'blank cheque' nor should it. I'm a solid supporter of Ken and what he's done for the most part but sometimes he doesn't help himself. I don't know the whole story here because none of us do but if Karl Henry hasn't been paid and hasn't been contacted to let him know when to expect his money then Ken's in the wrong this time.

However, if Ken's actually done that and Karl's neglecting to mention it then I think he's being unfair. Personally I find this whole business of airing complaints via social media that should be handled in private to be distasteful but that may be a function of my age. It seems to me that Twitter and Facebook are little more than 'mobs' who can be stirred up far too easily and while in possession of little or no facts. It's NOT the place where business matters should be aired imo.

What strikes me as odd about this incident is that like the "Amos" situation Ken appears to have been caught off guard and that makes me wonder if he had any reason to think this was coming. For example we don't know if he's been in touch with Karl or his agent. Perhaps Ken had already given Karl a heads up and felt he'd solved the problem (eg with a promise of payment next week) and Karl's then simply decided to have a go at him anyway, possibly in retaliation for being released.

I won't judge this either way based on what we've seen so far. All I will say is that if Karl is still owed money then Ken needs to pay it as soon as practically possible.

34Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 18:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think the bigger picture is more important.

35Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 19:27

Cajunboy wrote:I think the bigger picture is more important.

Why does it have to be one or the other? You can criticise Ken for this while appreciating the work he’s done so far.

36Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 19:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I know because I've been one of them that has made similar types of decisions in the past.

So you've agreed a contract and then reneged?

37Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 21:46

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I seem to recall that there was at least one of Parky's top targets that refused to come purely because of the perception of financial mismanagement. Sure we got a lot of players (some of whom are questionable) but perhaps we could have got better ones if Anderson played with a straight bat?
Then there's the investors Anderson made such a big deal about attracting. That went well didn't it?
I remain skeptical.

Which one/s would that/they be and please provide the source/s.

Thank you.

No idea Sluffy, but you told us that you thought a few deals had gone south thanks to the players strike over pay - so do let us know.

Thanks

38Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 22:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I haven't seen a single comment anywhere on any reputable media site that says any player refused to come here because of a perception of financial mismanagement. It may be that such a thing happened but I think lusty can't say that because there's no evidence to back it up.

Nor do I recall any player or a player's agent, rep or spokesman saying they wouldn't come because of the strike. It may be that some players were put off by it but no one actually made a public comment to that effect as far as I know.

What annoys me about this whole business is not who's pro or anti Anderson. What annoys me is that too many people are making statements that at least imply they've confused opinion with fact.

Here's a suggestion. If you believe a player refused to come here because the club's been badly run then give us all a source such as BBC or Sky Sports News that says he stated that or that a source from within the club has told them that. If you think a deal's gone south because a player was put off by the strike then show me where he or one of his people say that.

As to the Karl Henry business I'll say this again. If Ken owes him the money he needs to pay it as soon as possible. If he did NOT contact Karl to say it was going to be late then he's in the wrong because he should have. But so far the only thing anyone seems to know is that Karl Henry tweeted his money was late. We haven't heard a word on this from the club so we do not know what if anything Ken said to Karl or his agent. Personally I think until both sides have been heard it's impossible to make an informed judgement.

IN the main Ken has done an excellent job of keeping the club afloat and even better seeing it progress. However some of his decisions have been unpopular and some have been controversial which is always going to be the case when discussing a businessman in almost any field and even more so in football where everyone thinks they know it all, me included.

I think perhaps it's time for all of us to step back, take a breath and get our information from sources other than Twitter and Facebook. Certainly if Ken's done something wrong call him out, I certainly will but this mad rush to judgement on both sides when there aren't any concrete verifiable facts to go on is silly. And before anyone quotes Karl's tweets I will only say that's all they are, tweets. We do NOT know how much he's left out of them or what the full facts are. Until and unless we do it's not possible for us to make a genuinely intelligent response.

39Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 23:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I seem to recall that there was at least one of Parky's top targets that refused to come purely because of the perception of financial mismanagement. Sure we got a lot of players (some of whom are questionable) but perhaps we could have got better ones if Anderson played with a straight bat?
Then there's the investors Anderson made such a big deal about attracting. That went well didn't it?
I remain skeptical.

Which one/s would that/they be and please provide the source/s.

Thank you.

No idea Sluffy, but you told us that you thought a few deals had gone south thanks to the players strike over pay - so do let us know.

Thanks

No, I've never said that.

This is the only thing I've ever mentioned about the possible impact on signings after the strike, which was clearly my own opinion and which I never said or even implied that it made players not want to join us because of the financial running of the club.

Sluffy wrote:Fwiw I believe that it did affect a number of potential signings we had set up at the time but I obviously am unable to prove that.

Indeed Olkowski was signed immediately AFTER the strike, so clearly he and his representatives had no issues over signing for the club and the EFL had no problem officially sanctioning the transfer.

I know of no player, let alone our managers 'top targets' refusing to sign for us because of a perception of the clubs financial mismanagement - so who are these 'specific' players Wanderlust is referring to and on what basis does he know it to be true?

Or is he just making things up?

Anyway thank you for actively involving yourself in yet another argument, whilst clearly managing to post absolutely nothing else on the forum since the last argument you deliberately involved yourself in a week ago.

40Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 01:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I haven't seen a single comment anywhere on any reputable media site that says any player refused to come here because of a perception of financial mismanagement. 
Link has expired now but it was Australian captain Mark Milligan who Parky tried to sign last year. He couldn't at the time because Australia had slipped out of the FIFA top 50 World Rankings but after Oz's (and Milligan's) excellent performances at the World Cup they went back up the rankings. At which point Parky renewed his interest only to be told (eventually) that Milligan had been advised to stay away from Bolton by his agent on the grounds that the finances wouldn't be forthcoming.
The previous year he had described it as his "dream move".

41Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 08:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I know because I've been one of them that has made similar types of decisions in the past.

I'll ask again.

42Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 09:10

Sluffy wrote:Fwiw I believe that it did affect a number of potential signings we had set up at the time but I obviously am unable to prove that.

I know of no player, let alone our managers 'top targets' refusing to sign for us because of a perception of the clubs financial mismanagement.

I’ll just leave these two statements alongside each other to show how your opinions change with the wind in your crusade to defend Anderson at all costs cyclops.

Last edited by T.R.O.Y on Sat Sep 08 2018, 09:28; edited 1 time in total

43Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 09:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

He's just made you look a right knob, Sluffy.

44Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 12:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I haven't seen a single comment anywhere on any reputable media site that says any player refused to come here because of a perception of financial mismanagement. 
Link has expired now but it was Australian captain Mark Milligan who Parky tried to sign last year. He couldn't at the time because Australia had slipped out of the FIFA top 50 World Rankings but after Oz's (and Milligan's) excellent performances at the World Cup they went back up the rankings. At which point Parky renewed his interest only to be told (eventually) that Milligan had been advised to stay away from Bolton by his agent on the grounds that the finances wouldn't be forthcoming.
The previous year he had described it as his "dream move".

:rofl:

How convenient eh!

Must have been from a really top notch reputable media site then!

What about the other of Parkinson's top transfer targets did we miss also (you stated that there was more than one) have the links about them expired too!

Very Happy

45Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 12:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:

I know of no player, let alone our managers 'top targets' refusing to sign for us because of a perception of the clubs financial mismanagement.

I’ll just leave these two statements alongside each other to show how your opinions change with the wind in your crusade to defend Anderson at all costs cyclops.

Eh???

What are you on about?

I do believe the strike did affect our potential signings we may have had set up at the time, and probably delayed/put on hold a number of them signing for a week or two until things settled down, whilst the club, the EFL, Anderson, etc, dealt with the immediate fall out of the illegal strike.

I know of no player...refusing to sign because of it - is a factual statement from me and isn't in any way contrary to that belief though?  

The net result of the strike imo being a delay to the eventual signings we went on to make and consequently leaving us little or no time to cast our net wider in the remaining few weeks of the window to get other players to sign (as opposed to loan) which we ended up doing with Mathews and Grounds.

Again you are simply trying to start an argument over nothing.

Not for the first time either.

46Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going to insist you answer this one.

47Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 13:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy you’ve clearly contradicted yourself. Just own up, we will respect you a bit more

48Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 13:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy you’ve clearly contradicted yourself. Just own up, we will respect you a bit more
Defending the indefensible is his speciality and what he lacks in reason and logic he makes up for in sheer volume of words.

Which works to some extent as it masks the crap in a shroud of indifference.

I'll respect him when he starts respecting other people's opinions instead of taking issue with everyone who doesn't agree with him or the party line on the Andersons. And cuts out the snidey juvenile comments. And stops grossly extrapolating and exaggerating what people write in order to justify his own position. And stops trying to crack on he has expertise in corporate finance.
If he can stop doing all that, he will definitely have manned up and I'll respect that.

49Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 13:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy you’ve clearly contradicted yourself. Just own up, we will respect you a bit more
Defending the indefensible is his speciality and what he lacks in reason and logic he makes up for in sheer volume of words.

Which works to some extent as it masks the crap in a shroud of indifference.

I'll respect him when he starts respecting other people's opinions instead of taking issue with everyone who doesn't agree with him or the party line on the Andersons. And cuts out the snidey juvenile comments. And stops grossly extrapolating and exaggerating what people write in order to justify his own position. And stops trying to crack on he has expertise in corporate finance.
If he can stop doing all that, he will definitely have manned up and I'll respect that.

What are you both on about, I've NOT contradicted myself???

50Karl Henry wants paying - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08 2018, 13:37

It’s there in writing you absolute sausage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum