Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Bolton midfielder Karl Henry claims he is owed money by club

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS have been plunged into another pay row after a former player revealed he was owed money by the club.

Ex-midfielder Karl Henry took to Twitter today to voice his displeasure, claiming club owner/chairman Ken Anderson had reneged on a promise to put funds into accounts by Friday.
It is understood no payment has yet been made. Wanderers do not deny money is outstanding but have refused to comment further on the matter.

Henry was a pivotal figure for Phil Parkinson’s side last season, arriving on a free transfer in October to help the club recover from a poor start.
His release at the end of a one-year deal came as a surprise to some supporters in the summer but tweeting from his official account the 35-year-old claims he has not be paid fully for his services more than two months later.

He said: “A number of ex-players, including myself, are still awaiting payments from the club. Ken Anderson assured me that we would be paid on the sixth. Still nothing. We all did our jobs last season. If you could please do yours, we’d really appreciate it. Many thanks. Karl.”

When asked by a supporter why he had not waited until the end of the business day to confront the club, Henry added: “The sixth is not the first date we’ve been given, others have been and gone. Also, this is not the first time that players/ex-players have not been paid. If my tweet prompts him to pay everybody at some point today, great.”
Henry declined to elaborate on his tweets when contacted by The Bolton News.

News of the latest payment issues at Wanderers arrives just a couple of months after senior players refused to play in a friendly against St Mirren on July 6 in protest against the non-payment of bonuses and wages.
The PFA were called in to mediate between the squad, coaching staff and owner Anderson, with a settlement eventually agreed after a meeting on July 17. 

Meanwhile, ex-Bolton midfielder Chung-Yong Lee has signed for German Second Division side VFL Bochum.
“I am happy that it has worked out,” said the South Korean midfielder after penning a one-year deal with a year option. “The level in the second Bundesliga is very high, I have heard.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16694087.ex-bolton-midfielder-karl-henry-claims-he-is-owed-money-by-club/

Not sure why Lee could sign for a German second tier club but apparently couldn't sign for us?

..dunno..

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's easier to get a work permit in Germany than it is the UK.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'll have to choose an avatar because my picture doesn't show up on the front page.

Yet again, embarrassing for the club. Clearly there’s not enough cash to go round - but Henry is one of the hero’s of last season he should have been one of the first paid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum